Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Staying for 2024, Lyon’s Cryin’

Will Simpson be Head Coach at WCE in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tickets to the landing are $2,260 per year for the record, so maybe he’s pissed because he’s getting charged $10,000

View attachment 1638718
Or he has 4 tickets?

What's her opinion of Simpo though?

I asked her and she said that she bets Simpo's hobbies include non-dairy substitute lattes, asking people for their preferred pronouns and recycling.

Tickets to the landing are $2,260 per year for the record, so maybe he’s pissed because he’s getting charged $10,000

View attachment 1638718
Id get one ticket just for myself. But there would be alot of corporate w***ers getting tickets as a way to network, sell s**t etc.

Id be the grumpy fan actually watching and yelling, smashing the food and piss

Id get one ticket just for myself. But there would be alot of corporate w***ers getting tickets as a way to network, sell s**t etc.

Id be the grumpy fan actually watching and yelling, smashing the food and piss
Nah, corporate guys want to watch the game as well. They just pay through their business for the tax write-off.

Or he has 4 tickets?
Correct 4 tickets in the landing, plus 4 tickets regular seating, so it would be well more than 10k but really who gives a stuff about that.
Old bright spark Bzparkes banging on about managing a restaurant as if that was anything of note.
The thing is people are getting very frustrated and angry with West Coast’s performance, when you get demolished in clearances by the wooden spooners, you know the players aren’t having a red hot go.
The number one job of the coach is to motivate………guess what, the players aren’t motivated.
Forget about the mysterious Synergy, new game plan bullshit, coming out in the media and saying the players need to be more brave, that’s just all Simpo bullshit.

Correct 4 tickets in the landing, plus 4 tickets regular seating, so it would be well more than 10k but really who gives a stuff about that.
Old bright spark Bzparkes banging on about managing a restaurant as if that was anything of note.
The thing is people are getting very frustrated and angry with West Coast’s performance, when you get demolished in clearances by the wooden spooners, you know the players aren’t having a red hot go.
The number one job of the coach is to motivate………guess what, the players aren’t motivated.
Forget about the mysterious Synergy, new game plan bullshit, coming out in the media and saying the players need to be more brave, that’s just all Simpo bullshit.
Owning a engineering business is meant to be noteworthy is it? Do you own the business?

if not, you're just riding on the coattails of your mate. You also clearly missed the point of my post, which is unsurprising.

If you think your opinion of the club holds more weight because you have mate(note: not you) who spends $10k on tickets and owns an engineering business, then youre a bigger moron than I thought.

I've got a mate who's an executive for comm bank and was a VP at Goldman-Sachs(Wall Street office) prior to that and my best mate's grandparents are multimillionaire. Oh, I used to have a staff member at a place I worked who's best mates with Francesca Packer and another mate of mine is engaged to a Canadian Billionaire's daughter.

Does my opinion suddenly mean more now? No, it doesnt mean s**t. Same as your 'mate'.

Owning a engineering business is meant to be noteworthy is it? Do you own the business?

if not, you're just riding on the coattails of your mate. You also clearly missed the point of my post, which is unsurprising.

If you think your opinion of the club holds more weight because you have mate(note: not you) who spends $10k on tickets and owns an engineering business, then youre a bigger moron than I thought.

I've got a mate who's an executive for comm bank and was a VP at Goldman-Sachs(Wall Street office) prior to that and my best mate's grandparents are multimillionaire. Oh, I used to have a staff member at a place I worked who's best mates with Francesca Packer and another mate of mine is engaged to a Canadian Billionaire's daughter.

Does my opinion suddenly mean more now? No, it doesnt mean s**t. Same as your 'mate'.
Nice melt

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if I had Landing tickets for me and all my friends and family because I won Lotto? Would that make my opinion more valuable, or does it have to be earned millions rather than won millions?

Interested to play out all the possibilities here.

Let's just blithely ignore the message that people who have significant financial interest in attending games are losing the desire to attend our games.

You guys are funny as piss. Attack the messenger, belittle the bloke who has invested in the tickets etc etc.

Look at the scoreboard numpties. We have lost 9 on the trot and won 2 games in the last 27.

If we don't beat GWS tomorrow we are unlikely to win a game before the bye.

Let's just blithely ignore the message that people who have significant financial interest in attending games are losing the desire to attend our games.

You guys are funny as piss. Attack the messenger, belittle the bloke who has invested in the tickets etc etc.

Look at the scoreboard numpties. We have lost 9 on the trot and won 2 games in the last 27.

No, I'm belittling the clown who seems to think that owning an engineering business is somehow noteworthy and managing a restaurant is worthless.

Who's the dickhead here?

I mean, I never actually said what I do now.

Collingwoods implementation of a new game plan helps when they get one of the best first year players of recent memory for stuff all.

Its helps, and Daicos is an absolute ripper no doubt.

They've also made some big list calls in the last few years and got themselves a gun new coach and completely refreshed the place. And they've gone from 17th and losing to our WAFL side just 1 year ago to the most exciting team in the comp right now. That's not due to one very inexperienced player

They've also made some big list calls in the last few years and got themselves a gun new coach and completely refreshed the place. And they've gone from 17th and losing to our WAFL side just 1 year ago to the most exciting team in the comp right now. That's not due to one very inexperienced player
Losing to us was an aberration though. They finished top 4.

Yep, the took a lot of criticism for offloading players(what, 2 years ago??), while Bucks was still there, and went big to the draft. They are laughing now. They play the best football I have seen for a long time - zipping up and down the ground at pace. It's a pleasure to watch.

Collingwood under Buckley :

2012: 4th (PF)
2013: 6th (EF)
2014: 11th
2015: 12th
2016: 12th
2017: 13th
2018: 3rd (GF)
2019: 4th (PF)
2020: 8th (SF)
2021: 17th

Collingwood imploded at the backend of Buckley’s tenure amid off field crises and totally underperformed in 2021 as a result. It was a genuine aberration

Macrae has done a brilliant job but he walked into a relatively talented team that desperately needed a breath of fresh air and the playing group has responded to him

I think it’s also fair to say their current game plan is more a tweak to what they were doing rather than a complete overhaul

Simpson is currently in charge of an aging squad that’s been in a natural decline and is trying to reinvent a long established game plan. And doing that on the back of a historically bad season which had been compromised by injury and covid

It’s frustrating as hell and I get why supporters, with or without landing tickets or an engineering firm, would be unhappy but there needs to be some patience as the club tries to climb the mountain again

Mate, we’re s**t. Pure unadulterated s**t looking for the tiniest glimmer of change or green shoots or hope.

If you want to gauge what supporters feel, read the board we all post on regularly, where everyone is melting constantly and the ones who aren’t hurling themselves off a bridge get dragged for being sycophantic fanbois who must love losing so much.

The reason there was a good old fashioned pile on there is pretty simple, nobody cares how much someone’s allegedly rich alleged mate is allegedly enjoying the Eagles right now. Don’t need a fictional engineer with solid gold seats to tell me that the Eagles are at their lowest ebb in a decade (if not ever).

What the punters think has rarely impacted Eagles’ brass decision making in the past and almost certainly won’t now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back