Will Simpson be Head Coach at WCE in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice melt
come-on-cant.jpg

Its helps, and Daicos is an absolute ripper no doubt.

They've also made some big list calls in the last few years and got themselves a gun new coach and completely refreshed the place. And they've gone from 17th and losing to our WAFL side just 1 year ago to the most exciting team in the comp right now. That's not due to one very inexperienced player
If Gaff and Naitanui were at Collingwood in 2022, Gaff would have been delisted/traded end of last year and Naitanui would have been traded if he couldn't perform and was taking up too much salary cap. WC as a club are far too nice to former high level players.

If Gaff and Naitanui were at Collingwood in 2022, Gaff would have been delisted/traded end of last year and Naitanui would have been traded if he couldn't perform and was taking up too much salary cap. WC as a club are far too nice to former high level players.

Collingwood is not the template for player and salary cap management.

Proof is in the pudding. They made big calls - Treloar, Grundy and look at them now compared to WC

They were ahead of us before they made each of those decisions?

They nearly made the grand final in 19 and rolled us in 20 before forcing Treloar out and were a point from the grand final last year before getting Grundy off the books?

So a team that was better than us, is still better than us?

They were ahead of us before they made each of those decisions?

They nearly made the grand final in 19 and rolled us in 20 before forcing Treloar out and were a point from the grand final last year before getting Grundy off the books?

So a team that was better than us, is still better than us?
Yes and is paying about $1mil of their cap (plus sent draft picks) for people to play against them.

Good outcome and good list management aren’t necessarily the same thing.

First comment I have made about Simpson . He has to play to win , best 22 . Certainly early in the season . Prove his gameplan stacks up with enough experienced players to execute it . The thing with hawks is their players don't have the experience to execute . They have dumped so many experienced players it looks like the coach can't coach and the players can't play . It's all so complicated whether to fast track or not . The stress level of coaching is way beyond my acceptable level of stress so I don't delve into it too much .
Like where does space end and when did time begin I just have to stop worrying about coaches .

I’m not even sure Collingwood is that good, I think Nick Daicos is.

What he does for their ball movement is genuinely insane but if you lock him down you go a long way to beating them imo.

Question is how easy he is to lock down, port definitively struggled on the weekend.

O’Neil or West may actually be our best bet as that lockdown forward, both have the pace to go with him.

I’m not even sure Collingwood is that good, I think Nick Daicos is.

What he does for their ball movement is genuinely insane but if you lock him down you go a long way to beating them imo.

Question is how easy he is to lock down, port definitively struggled on the weekend.

O’Neil or West may actually be our best bet as that lockdown forward, both have the pace to go with him.
Nah, just need some WAFL topups and it's #LightWork

If Stewart Dew becomes available, would you rather him or Simpson?
The only reason we should be dumping Simmo is if a coach who we can't pass up becomes available. The reason being is regardless of coach, we're bottom 4. I'd rather Simmo take the heat (as well as the glory if he defies the odds).

I'd rather the next coach ideally come in after a couple more drafts so he can go straight to work with a group that can go all the way. So to change now, there would have to be someone that we just have to have. I think Dew is okay, but he's not that guy. In fact, I can't think of anyone who is. Hardwick maybe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So beaut this thread always copping a bump on game day before the boys have even pulled on their boots

It’ll either be dead quiet in here for the next week or have the momentum of a runaway freight train, depending on who wins the Derby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back