Coach Adam Simpson Megathread est. 2017 - Staying for 2024, Lyon’s Cryin’

Will Simpson be Head Coach at WCE in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to upset anyone but-

West Coast has gone from the 15th-ranked side for pressure factor in the first 17 rounds to No.1 between rounds 18 and 22, ranking No.2 for tackle differential in that period (+13.6 a game).

Still won't shut up the perennial whingers who complain that the team is too 'outside' and 'soft'.

Playing devil’s advocate, it’s only a month. We need to see it carried over a long period of time. Then again, the early numbers are so so so weighed down by the pre bye/Covid teams nonsense that they’re almost irrelevant.

Season long, our tackling has gone from last to top half in the league. We’re up 10 tackles per game (the gap from 1st in tackles to last in tackles was 14 per game last year, so an increase of 10 is big).

The post bye Eagles give me lots of room for optimism in this area, and those recent numbers are nice, so let’s see it over a longer sample size please West Coast.

Playing devil’s advocate, it’s only a month. We need to see it carried over a long period of time. Then again, the early numbers are so so so weighed down by the pre bye/Covid teams nonsense that they’re almost irrelevant.

Season long, our tackling has gone from last to top half in the league. We’re up 10 tackles per game (the gap from 1st in tackles to last in tackles was 14 per game last year, so an increase of 10 is big).

The post bye Eagles give me lots of room for optimism in this area, and those recent numbers are nice, so let’s see it over a longer sample size please West Coast.

I also suspect the gameplan has not properly been revealed because we don't have the players to execute. I'm guessing some non KPD defenders who can cut through lines into the corridor with their feet. I know people like what JJ has done but i don't think he's our man.

In the last decade we have recruited half back flankers because our picks haven't been good enough. The choice is either "midfielder who's not that good" or "guy who played HBF for u18's side because he was edged out of the midfield by better players".

If we go about recruiting best available, we will find our players who cut cut into the corridor without turning it over. It may be a mid who end up on the HBK (i.e. Daniel Rich), or just an out and out HBFer with elite foot and decision making kills.

Watching the finals series featuring the likes of Richmond, Sydney, Geelong, Collingwood... these are mature teams who've been contending for years alongside us. Our freefall is all on the astonishing mismanagement of our squad and team post 2018. Simpson retaining the helm in 2023 is straight up depressing. He has wrecked this club. There is no lower benchmark in our clubs history than the one he has set.

Last edited:
Remember during the great Priddis debates, occasionally things would get quiet for a while, and then someone who was rampantly anti-Priddis would bump a thread just to chime in with a random comment about how Priddis was terrible, just in case we’d forgotten their position on the issue?

Don’t know why I just thought about that. Fun times.

Remember during the great Priddis debates, occasionally things would get quiet for a while, and then someone who was rampantly anti-Priddis would bump a thread just to chime in with a random comment about how Priddis was terrible, just in case we’d forgotten their position on the issue?

Don’t know why I just thought about that. Fun times.
Now we need to draft a Pridda with our first pick? hilarious eh ? Said it before, a few good posters on here and a few funny ones, ( No, not you DS ) Fwiw, I don't think most crew understand how much Gov has been influential to the side.Not just his intercepting marking. His kick placement. Our whole game plan was based on that.

Watching the final season of Brooklyn 99 featuring the likes of Andy Samberg, Terry Crews and Andre Braugher... these are mature professionals who've been delivering good performances for years. Our freefall is all on the astonishing mismanagement of our squad and team post 2018. Simpson retaining the helm in 2023 is straight up depressing. He has wrecked this club. There is no lower benchmark in our clubs history than the one he has set.

Watching the finals series featuring the likes of Richmond, Sydney, Geelong, Collingwood... these are mature teams who've been contending for years alongside us. Our freefall is all on the astonishing mismanagement of our squad and team post 2018. Simpson retaining the helm in 2023 is straight up depressing. He has wrecked this club. There is no lower benchmark in our clubs history than the one he has set.

Collingwood finished 17th last year, Sydney were bottom 4 across 2019 and 2020. We also finished above Richmond last year.

Watching the final season of Brooklyn 99 featuring the likes of Andy Samberg, Terry Crews and Andre Braugher... these are mature professionals who've been delivering good performances for years. Our freefall is all on the astonishing mismanagement of our squad and team post 2018. Simpson retaining the helm in 2023 is straight up depressing. He has wrecked this club. There is no lower benchmark in our clubs history than the one he has set.

I'd give pick 2 for Terry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They were all in my top five, so it is a great result

I'd give pick 2 for Terry.

I'd throw in pick 20 if we also get Terry's pecs.

Pie Man will split the pick and we'd end up with a couple of inbred Boyles

I won't stand for any disrespect of Boyles - any more like that and you'll be banned from the Boyle family grave.

I'd add in a future 2nd if he came with a tub of vanilla yoghurt

Simmo loves yoghurt, as much as he loves not giving a spray and playing Mitch Brown in a forward pocket for an elimination final.

They were all in my top five, so it is a great result

How about we give this overused, unfunny joke a rest? It's right up there with posting Gee etc etc etc

I'd throw in pick 20 if we also get Terry's pecs.

I won't stand for any disrespect of Boyles - any more like that and you'll be banned from the Boyle family grave.

Simmo loves yoghurt, as much as he loves not giving a spray and playing Mitch Brown in a forward pocket for an elimination final.

How about we give this overused, unfunny joke a rest? It's right up there with posting Gee etc etc etc
I don't want to hear about the title of your sex tape

Why did WC get rid of Hickey? Bizarre list management decision.

He got a better contract offer from Sydney along with the prospect of leading their ruck rather than playing behind Naitanui - a role that he struggled with

It was a move that made sense for player and club

He got a better contract offer from Sydney along with the prospect of leading their ruck rather than playing behind Naitanui - a role that he struggled with

It was a move that made sense for player and club
Yeah, would be a Matt Spangher moment for me if the Swans win the flag. Cox/Pyke as coaches would be a nice WCE moment also.

* their academy though...

These allegations against Alistair Clarkson and Chris Fagan from their time at Hawthorn are exceptionally serious.

Adam Simpsons was an assistant coach there for four years 2010-13. He is not named in the report and I would see no reason to not name someone when they've named three others specifically. Also with Simmo's "friends, family, flags mantra" and given the amount of work he has done with Indigenous and Torres Strait Islanders I would be staggered if he was involved in this.

But the club needs to get on the front foot and find out where Simmo stood in all of this. If this is all legit (or even 80%+ legit) this is going to rock the AFL world. Jed Anderson is clearly one of the players involved and he started at Hawthorn in 2013 so Simmo was around for this. Whether or he knew or not the extent of what was going on we need to find out. Maybe he was disgusted by it and that was just one of (probably many) reasons he was looking for a head coaching job at the end of 2013?

P.S. To be honest, I've never minded Hawthorn but how big of a dog act is this asking for a review after Clarkson has left for another club!! There's obviously going to be a pretty investigation to find out the veracity and depth of these claims but if punishments are meted the club itself should be copping in the neck.

These allegations against Alistair Clarkson and Chris Fagan from their time at Hawthorn are exceptionally serious.

Adam Simpsons was an assistant coach there for four years 2010-13. He is not named in the report and I would see no reason to not name someone when they've named three others specifically. Also with Simmo's "friends, family, flags mantra" and given the amount of work he has done with Indigenous and Torres Strait Islanders I would be staggered if he was involved in this.

But the club needs to get on the front foot and find out where Simmo stood in all of this. If this is all legit (or even 80%+ legit) this is going to rock the AFL world. Jed Anderson is clearly one of the players involved and he started at Hawthorn in 2013 so Simmo was around for this. Whether or he knew or not the extent of what was going on we need to find out. Maybe he was disgusted by it and that was just one of (probably many) reasons he was looking for a head coaching job at the end of 2013?
This is some heavy reading…

Disgusting.

It does mention senior coaches in the article. Simpson will need to be asked about his involvement.

From memory he tried to get jed to come across.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back