Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Coupla Victorian clubs reportedly interested, most would be.

Cue the Giants fans sooking with their array of highly talented players being speculated about.

Coupla Victorian clubs reportedly interested, most would be.

Cue the Giants fans sooking with their array of highly talented players being speculated about.
what you call sooking, we call laughing our **** off

Yeah
This one is like the similar threads about Whitfield and Lobb. Not gonna happen.

Seems to get linked to Collingwood every year (like most others).

Contracted so unless GWS get something whizz bang for him I can't see them letting him go. Even less likely to deal on him after being one of their best in the Prelim.

A fella on our board with a good track record says he's on his way to the Pies. He's also gotten some stuff wrong along the journey though so I wouldn't guarantee anything. I don't mind him, but don't see him as consistent enough to lead our back line. I can't remove the memory of Cloke tearing him a new one last year despite being in the middle of his horrid form.

A fella on our board with a good track record says he's on his way to the Pies. He's also gotten some stuff wrong along the journey though so I wouldn't guarantee anything. I don't mind him, but don't see him as consistent enough to lead our back line. I can't remove the memory of Cloke tearing him a new one last year despite being in the middle of his horrid form.
Going by his form this year he would only be a middle 2nd round draft pick at best - Signed contract extension and looks settled down back. Facing challenge for spot from Haynes and Corr.
The big thing is , could anyone play for the Magpies and not think how they have treated a lot of there players.
From Mayne to Shaw , Daisy and La Bumba.

He isn't coming to Collingwood mate.

That game, and the serve Heater gave him at qtr time was the turning point for him though. We had a lot of trouble getting him settled in a position, and he wanted to be a key defender.

Since that game in 2016 he's generally developed well as a key defender. He takes the oppo second tall and has become a tough no nonsense stopper.

We played him on the wing in the PF as a tactical move. Partly because there was no match up in the Tigers team no doubt, but did show his versatility.

Come on mate, we all know it wasn’t Thomlinsons fault. Cloke was wearing a glove that day which gave him magical powers to turn himself in to the 2013 version of him for a day, remember?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on mate, we all know it wasn’t Thomlinsons fault. Cloke was wearing a glove that day which gave him magical powers to turn himself in to the 2013 version of him for a day, remember?

ITYM "turned him into Romelda Aiken". If memory serves it was a netball glove...

Going by his form this year he would only be a middle 2nd round draft pick at best - Signed contract extension and looks settled down back. Facing challenge for spot from Haynes and Corr.
The big thing is , could anyone play for the Magpies and not think how they have treated a lot of there players.
From Mayne to Shaw , Daisy and La Bumba.
The only one of those mistreated was Mayne, maybe you could split the blame for Shaw. Daisy took the cash, fair enough; Lumumba dug his own grave with whatever went on his head he felt anyone cared about, and Shaw is known to have been a serious interruption for the team in 2012/13 and the coaches had enough of his rubbish.

I agree re Tomlinson; the value is pretty spot on in my view, and I don't think he's invaluable to GWS who have Haynes, Davis and Corr for tall defenders who all I rate.
He isn't coming to Collingwood mate.
Agree, can't see it
That game, and the serve Heater gave him at qtr time was the turning point for him though. We had a lot of trouble getting him settled in a position, and he wanted to be a key defender.

Since that game in 2016 he's generally developed well as a key defender. He takes the oppo second tall and has become a tough no nonsense stopper.

We played him on the wing in the PF as a tactical move. Partly because there was no match up in the Tigers team no doubt, but did show his versatility.
He's played some much better footy since then, I remember the Pies board was all for recruiting him last season and I didn't rate him one bit but he's become both a rebounder and stopper which is pretty awesome.

A fella on our board with a good track record says he's on his way to the Pies. He's also gotten some stuff wrong along the journey though so I wouldn't guarantee anything.
Well, that’s me convinced.

Big deal for Tomlinson. Seems his name pops up every trade period.

Collingwood also circling but no offer tabled yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back