List Mgmt. Adelaide Crows 2021 List Management thread

Will the Crows pick up any of these players in the off-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Carlton will likely have a pick around 8 or 9.
We will likely end up having around 5 or 6. Our first is probably going to be high enough for Roberts.
Carlton first won't be in the range I suspect to get the type of midfielder we want to add to Laird, Hately, Berry, Pedlar, Schoenberg, Roberts.

Talia doesn't get us a high pick I wouldn't have thought.
McAsey I think his form in the second half of the season will dictate a late first given KPD take longer and was a pick 6.

If it's the Saints that are into him I would be looking at their first for McAsey and our second. Saints will win a few late games and be close to the eight is my tip so pick 8ish may end up being about right.
If it's the Dogs pick would be 17ish which on it will probably be unders but not much choice.
Either way there is currency in him to combine with our first to get higher into the Horne/Chesser range.

Jan 31, 2009
New Highton
AFL Club
Adelaide
Looks like Oliver Davis will be here in the next week.

THE loss of the state’s best young star in pursuit of his AFL dream will be offset by the return of an off-season recruit who will make his Clarence debut this Saturday.
As revealed by the Mercury two weeks ago, Oliver Davis will head to South Australia in the coming days, where he has been invited to train with the Adelaide Crows and will play in the SANFL.

Last year’s Matthew Richardson medallist and Roos best and fairest is understood to be on the Crows radar as a potential mid-season draft candidate.

Oliver Davis after being named the 2020 Richardson Medallist. Picture: NIKKI DAVIS-JONES
Oliver Davis after being named the 2020 Richardson Medallist. Picture: NIKKI DAVIS-JONES
While disappointed at not having the teenage gun at his disposal for the rest of the season — when available from Devils duties — Clarence coach Jeromey Webberley said Davis leaves with his full blessing.

“We would obviously love him to continue playing in the Devils program and play some footy with us,” Webberley said.
similars

“But the reality is he has made a decision on what he thinks is best for his footy and ultimately he is trying to chase his AFL dream.

“We are disappointed he is leaving but extremely excited for what lies ahead for him and hopefully he goes over there, plays some good footy and gets picked up in the mid season draft or if he continues over there throughout the entirety of the year, he gets selected at the end of the year.

Devils Oliver Davis in action against Eastern Rangers earlier this year. Picture: Anthony Corke
Devils Oliver Davis in action against Eastern Rangers earlier this year. Picture: Anthony Corke
“It shows a fair bit of courage for him to make that decision and jump to another state.

“I could tell from the outset he was so excited in the opportunity that I think his heart was in it to be honest, I wish him all the best.”
Certainly has the body of an inside mid.

Carlton will likely have a pick around 8 or 9.
We will likely end up having around 5 or 6. Our first is probably going to be high enough for Roberts.
Carlton first won't be in the range I suspect to get the type of midfielder we want to add to Laird, Hately, Berry, Pedlar, Schoenberg, Roberts.

Talia doesn't get us a high pick I wouldn't have thought.
McAsey I think his form in the second half of the season will dictate a late first given KPD take longer and was a pick 6.

If it's the Saints that are into him I would be looking at their first for McAsey and our second. Saints will win a few late games and be close to the eight is my tip so pick 8ish may end up being about right.
If it's the Dogs pick would be 17ish which on it will probably be unders but not much choice.
Either way there is currency in him to combine with our first to get higher into the Horne/Chesser range.
Whatever happens we need to get two decent 1st rounder picks to build our list.

We have some chips with a few players in McAsey, Mrouch and Talia to trade for. We have got to roll the dice.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
We're going to be right in the hitting zone for Matthew Roberts (midfielder/forward) and and Arlo Draper (big bodied inside mid/forward) if we can downgrade our 1st a tad and possible bundle up our 2nd in there somewhere. 2 SA 1st round quality mids makes sense to me. And I think that's possible with the collateral we already have in draft picks.

Carlton is the perfect desperate Club for the Crows for us to off load players like Mrouch or Talia and get paid overs for them as they "push for finals in 2022".

:drunk:

Like Port they are forever chasing missing pieces of the puzzle.

It would take something absolutely exceptional to occur for me to not want us to retain Talia for 2 years at this point. The only reason I'm not saying it's a clear cut deal at this point is Worrell (who, admittedly could do it, as much as I highly doubt it this year). If his SANFL form translates very well to being a 2nd KPD at AFL level (even if the stopping game needs work, he does play loose at the moment) and is developing a good rapport with Butts/Doedee, then you could convince me it was the right call to let Talia go if he didn't want to play second fiddle.

Mind you, I'm happy to see Daniel chase a flag if he so chooses, as much as I'd be ecstatic if he wanted to end his career here. He's well and truly earned that right.

Crows I Am

Premiership Player
Jul 12, 2006
Adelaide S.A
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
Matt Crouch to Blues to help out Cripps is the move that could happen.

Carlton still think they are competing, yet they are in reality about to begin another rebuild.
Carlton only like to pick up half back flankers that they think they can turn into midfielders. But yes he would be perfect for them. They should have gone hard for his brother last year.

hugecannon

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
North Adelaide
Mostly agree but I’d tack on small/medium defender to the end of that list. Brown isn’t offering much and we have little depth in that area. A Brock Smith type in this year’s draft would be nice.
I feel that Milera becomes that player now, I think after his latest injury he may lose some of his agility which limits what he can bring to the midfield.

He’s also played his most consistent football at half back so if it were me I’d settle him at HB next year.

conVINCEd

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
Brisbane
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
I feel that Milera becomes that player now, I think after his latest injury he may lose some of his agility which limits what he can bring to the midfield.

He’s also played his most consistent football at half back so if it were me I’d settle him at HB next year.

Still think we need a small defender who can actually defend but yep, Milera has looked great at half back.

Think it was 2018 when Smith missed the year with his knee that Milera was superb off HB. We didn’t do a good job at harnessing he and Smith together after that and Wayne hasn’t clicked into gear since.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Combinations of Lynch, Talia , Fogarty and Crouch could get us (with picks) Saints 3, Hawks 4 Carlolton 6

That should be our aim

Talia directing the Saints backline for 2 years would be great for them - Crouch Bros reunited

Just some thoughts after listening to CrowCast

Lynch will be of no value at all at the trade table. He's RFA, would get a max 2 year deal on low coin, like Sauce did. Should have cashed him in last contract or any year prior to this one. FA Talia band 3. Crouch RFA band 2, early 20s. Uncontracted Fog probably similar. I'm not seeing anything as low as 6, unless we get a decent win across multiple deals.

Jirkago75

Club Legend
Jun 20, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
We're going to be right in the hitting zone for Matthew Roberts (midfielder/forward) and and Arlo Draper (big bodied inside mid/forward) if we can downgrade our 1st a tad and possible bundle up our 2nd in there somewhere. 2 SA 1st round quality mids makes sense to me. And I think that's possible with the collateral we already have in draft picks.
I ageee with you, obviously the biggest deficiency on our list is midfielders. We don’t have anyone with real quality delivering the ball inside50 to our forwards, which Roberts look like. Only Keays does that and his kicking is average

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I ageee with you, obviously the biggest deficiency on our list is midfielders. We don’t have anyone with real quality delivering the ball inside50 to our forwards, which Roberts look like. Only Keays does that and his kicking is average
I am really unsure here. Lets say we finish 4th bottom which could easily be on the cards and get pick 4 (5) after Daicos F/S. If one of the mids in that range projects higher than Roberts and Draper do, I'd be inclined to go the higher rated mid as we need elite talent in the midfield...however if it is line ball after the champs on talent, then absolutely trading down to a team with a couple of mid range 1sts to grab the 2 South Adelaide boys would be the go

I'm certain Sholl is staring at the moon wondering how he keeps being forgotten about in these discussions.

There isn't a lot of kicking skill in our inside mids though.

WeedsMullet84

Cancelled
Oct 31, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtic, Glenelg
I wonder if we will target Stephens, it would certainly justify the pick swap if we can bring him back cheaper.

What have his performances in the reserves been like?

He certainly wouldn't command a top 10 pick after falling behind Gulden & Campbell in terms of game time/development.

My guess is that he'd fall into the 15-25 range.

Perhaps Knightmare & Mutineer might have thoughts on this?

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
What have his performances in the reserves been like?

He certainly wouldn't command a top 10 pick after falling behind Gulden & Campbell in terms of game time/development.

My guess is that he'd fall into the 15-25 range.

Perhaps Knightmare & Mutineer might have thoughts on this?
I am struggling to find any stats/information for the 2nd tier AFL competition. Its actually quite annoying.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I am struggling to find any stats/information for the 2nd tier AFL competition. Its actually quite annoying.
VFL app mate in the Google play store or Apple store. Disposal numbers, etc all available.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Mego Red

Interesting I wasn't aware of this?

Some interesting detail in that article.

Players can now nominate for 6 or 18 month contracts, and if they've been listed before can nominate a salary above base.

Mitigates a bit of the risk from the players' end.

Back