Game Day Adelaide Crows v Brisbane Lions. Round 16, 3/7/21 @ AO, 4.05pm (ACST)

Result?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
It’s time.

Go the Crows!

Betting is on, we are $4.10, Brisbane are $1.24

we have the debut of Luke “Skywalker” Pedlar, & the 150th of Jarryd Lyons for the other team.

it’s also supposed to shitty weather - somewhere below I’ve put a weather forecast

and it’s the 6th anniversary of the passing of Phil Walsh, God rest his soul.

DE309FD3-7AF1-4F1C-BDCF-0B6703D5F26B.png

oh Lord I look at those match ups and I see this

52CB517D-679C-4854-8994-624ECEC9D720.gif

and it’s complicated by the fact I don’t want us to win... but I don’t want

B880446F-1875-4B70-9FE6-0CDA3EAB89C8.gif

Last edited:
If they are in any way remotely fair dinkum Brisbane (you know, playign for a top 4 spot an all..) - Then they should win by ~50+ points.

You forgot Luke Pedlar to score a goal and give me secret double immunity in the Goalkicking game

Thats my only bright spot in this game that Brisbane should win by 30+

But as always effort , structure and game experience for the new breed

Because I can see that the

1625265367169.png

You forgot Luke Pedlar to score a goal and give me secret double immunity in the Goalkicking game

Thats my only bright spot in this game that Brisbane should win by 30+

But as always effort , structure and game experience for the new breed

Because I can see that the

View attachment 1169704

looks a bit Illuminati-ish

Hopefully we rise to the standard of our opponent, as we've done a few times this season

I hope so too, so long as I still win my bet

Windy + wet, should bring them back to the Crows, a bit. I think Nicks' game plan is loss-minimisation, anyway ie to lose by as little as possible. I think it'll be a scrap which is why I picked Brisbane by 1-24.
Still, if the Suns can beat Richmond ...

Hoping to see Pedlar show AFL-standard qualities and kick his first goal/s.

Hopefully we rise to the standard of our opponent, as we've done a few times this season
Brodie Smith said during the week that we have a different game plan when we play top teams, trying to wear them down in the contest.

Our other game plan seems to involve much less intensity, like most of our other games. Classic example v Carlton.

Not sure why the two game plans, but there you go. It does explain the disparity in performances.

Brodie Smith said during the week that we have a different game plan when we play top teams, trying to wear them down in the contest.

Our other game plan seems to involve much less intensity, like most of our other games. Classic example v Carlton.

Not sure why the two game plans, but there you go. It does explain the disparity in performances.
Tanking purposes

That’s typical in sports. If you’re about even with your opponent, you can try to be more adventurous and attacking. If you’re obviously a rung below your opponent, defense is your better weapon.

Windy + wet, should bring them back to the Crows, a bit. I think Nicks' game plan is loss-minimisation, anyway ie to lose by as little as possible. I think it'll be a scrap which is why I picked Brisbane by 1-24.

My heart says loss by 1-24.
My brain says loss by 10+ goals, and consolidate a bottom 4 spot.

For those eyeing for a top end draft pick, this round there’s every chance we may end up second bottom. Another RT...*licks lips*

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. Have you got a link to that, please?
You'd think the 'top-team' game plan would work against most sides, wearing them down in the contest.
Actually, I don't think one or two game plans is enough during a rebuild, or later when contending for the 8, when the Crows will need to change what they do according to their opposition/location/conditions.
Playing with less intensity, as you mentioned vs Carlton, seems to be a result of mental relaxation of sorts. It looks to me that the Crows play harder against better sides, while really successful sides who contend consistently for a Flag bring that pressure and intensity week after week, no matter who they're playing.

Interesting. Have you got a link to that, please?
You'd think the 'top-team' game plan would work against most sides, wearing them down in the contest.
Actually, I don't think one or two game plans is enough during a rebuild, or later when contending for the 8, when the Crows will need to change what they do according to their opposition/location/conditions.
Playing with less intensity, as you mentioned vs Carlton, seems to be a result of mental relaxation of sorts. It looks to me that the Crows play harder against better sides, while really successful sides who contend consistently for a Flag bring that pressure and intensity week after week, no matter who they're playing.
I think there’s 2 separate issues:
- having various game plans and structures
- in a young rebuilding side, inconsistency is bound to happen

The loss to Carlton last week was probably more we played inconsistent (eg. RT and Fog were off for the majority of the match, team with general poor ball use) rather than to do with the game plan.

I think there’s 2 separate issues:
- having various game plans and structures
- in a young rebuilding side, inconsistency is bound to happen

The loss to Carlton last week was probably more we played inconsistent (eg. RT and Fog were off for the majority of the match, team with general poor ball use) rather than to do with the game plan.
Maybe confusion

Needs a fair bit of rain to impact the scoring these days. The ovals don't turn into quagmires like they did back in the day.

Back