• Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Career Bests from game vs Eagles:

Taylor - Tackles (8).
Motlop - Goals (4).
Dangerfield - Marks (9).
Kersten - Kicks (13), Disposals (18), Marks (9), Fantasy (105).

*Ruggles' stats still aren't up on Cats website & can't be bothered to check other websites so if he got a career best good work Ruggles!

Career Bests from game vs Eagles:

Taylor - Tackles (8).
Motlop - Goals (4).
Dangerfield - Marks (9).
Kersten - Kicks (13), Disposals (18), Marks (9), Fantasy (105).

*Ruggles' stats still aren't up on Cats website & can't be bothered to check other websites so if he got a career best good work Ruggles!

Career high contested possessions for Ruggles (7).

Last edited:
Not sure how much truth is in it.. but my father in law firmly believes Tex is playing hurt and struggling..

I am hopeful this is the case and his impact is more easily curbed because of it.

I heard something mentioned last night on to when Fox were reviewing the game about a foot issue for Tex which is the reason he isn't moving very well at the moment. The way they were talking it sounded like he has been carrying it for a couple of weeks but that he doesn't want to take a rest which might actually be required.

I think the club would want to restrict changes to those which are forced rather than managing/resting players for this clash, and I think we will return to the management of players against the Pies. The one player I am unsure of is Lonergan, he has started slow the last couple of weeks and given away cheap frees in front of goal in the first quarter, but I believe his experience will be needed against the Crows, though I do want to see a return to the Lonergan who destroyed Daniher.

Outs: McCarthy (foot) and Cockatoo (shin/calf whatever his injury is)
Ins: Smedts and Bews

Emgs: Kolo, GHS and Gregson

I like the idea of having 2 small defenders in the team and see how Bews & Ruggles play along side each other, plus this will free up Guthrie to run through the midfield in an attacking role.

I fear the Crows are going to be gifted the lions share of the 50/50 umpires calls after they were given hardly any last night.
You feared Brisbane, Gold Coast, west coast, red backs, black cats, coffee without sugar, McDonald's with pickle.
I'm not surprised.

You feared Brisbane, Gold Coast, west coast, red backs, black cats, coffee without sugar, McDonald's with pickle.
I'm not surprised.
Let's face it, if Bob's worried it's a pretty good sign for us.

I'm not surprised.
Let's face it, if Bob's worried it's a pretty good sign for us.

Exactly what has my post about the umpires got to do with your replies here?

I don't mind being wrong on my calls as long as we keep winning. If anything, it speaks more about you two as individuals as you feel the need to make something out of nothing.

No one on this board is free from criticisms, absolutely no one. We all have made terrible calls catempire and vinum coupe. It is a shame you guys have to resort to this kind of thing.
The board is pretty sick of it I'm sure.

Can we stick to talking about the upcoming game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be more worried if he wasn't

I'm not worried.
My post was about the umpires slaughtering the Crows last night and Don Pyke asking for a please explain after the game. That usually means the umpires will be quick to blow the whistle for free kicks that aren't really there.

As for the game, I'm confident for the first time this year. The win yesterday was as good as it gets.

I'm not worried.
My post was about the umpires slaughtering the Crows last night and Don Pyke asking for a please explain after the game. That usually means the umpires will be quick to blow the whistle for free kicks that aren't really there.

As for the game, I'm confident for the first time this year. The win yesterday was as good as it gets.

Now you've done it

But it's good to hear that your positive about our chances but if we lose I'm going to blame you:p.

I'm not too worried about the frees, Eade did the same thing before the GC match they got a couple ones early in the game but it the end it wasn't the difference. If we are as good as I think/hope we are it won't matter how much the umpires are against us (I think we are currently ranked 2nd last in that differential so it's not like it can get that much worse than it already is) we will win comfortably. Right now Adelaide are conceding way too many I50 and we're a doing a excellent job in restricting the other team from winning their own I50s.

If we are as good as I think/hope we are it won't matter how much the umpires are against us

During the gameday thread on Saturday, for the first half, there was nothing but whinging over the umpiring going against us. It's definitely going to be an issue if we start getting to those iffy calls going against us.

Regardless, I love the way our forward line is functioning. Kersten is a big reason why we are a different team now.
2 goals a game, along with Hawkins and Motlop, Menzel, McCarthy . . . such a variety we have now.

During the gameday thread on Saturday, for the first half, there was nothing but whinging over the umpiring going against us. It's definitely going to be an issue if we start getting to those iffy calls going against us.

I admit I generally don't read the match day thread as I'm busy watching the game so I can't comment on the amount of complaining on the umpires. But if it was bad enough to elicit significant complaints and take people attention away from how good Motlop, Kersten and co was playing then it must have been quite bad yet it wasn't enough to stop us then so I guess that it probably won't stop us next week. I try to not worry about things that are out of the clubs control but I'm not always successful. Maybe Scott could spend half of his press conference talking about our free kick differential, it can't hurt our case.

Given the sentiment against Murdoch I'm going to back him in to play in his home state and play well enough to secure his spot in the team the next week.

Regardless, I love the way our forward line is functioning. Kersten is a big reason why we are a different team now.
2 goals a game, along with Hawkins and Motlop, Menzel, McCarthy . . . such a variety we have now.

It's the inconsistency that is as maddening as anything else.

ie.......We kick the ball 20 metres and get 'play on, not 15' while another side regularly kicks the ball 8 - 10 metres and get 'mark' on nearly every occasion o_O :straining:

EDIT: yes, the variety in our F50 is refreshing and dangerous :thumbsu:

Given the sentiment against Murdoch I'm going to back him in to play in his home state and play well enough to secure his spot in the team the next week.
Same could be said for GHS who was named as one of the best in the VFL

I admit I generally don't read the match day thread as I'm busy watching the game so I can't comment on the amount of complaining on the umpires. But if it was bad enough to elicit significant complaints and take people attention away from how good Motlop, Kersten and co was playing then it must have been quite bad yet it wasn't enough to stop us then so I guess that it probably won't stop us next week. I try to not worry about things that are out of the clubs control but I'm not always successful. Maybe Scott could spend half of his press conference talking about our free kick differential, it can't hurt our case.
Also game day threads are often where common sense and decent discussion goes to die

I'm not worried.

It's not as if the umps are going to go out with the mindset of giving Adelaide a better free kick differential, but if Pyke/Fagan have a meeting with the umps during the week it may be subconsciously impact the 50/50 calls. Whether it results in Adelaide getting the rub of the green, who knows? I doubt whatever the umpires do will have an effect on the final outcome, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back