Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn’t Cahill on 1 million per year as an Aussie marquee? I’d hope ours wouldn’t be on 330k. How is that equal?
You wouldn't find many Aussie players on Goodwins level of coin. Cahill and Kewell the exceptions of course

You can have 2 regardless of country now I think.
After some quick Googling, that seems right.

Hilariously, the marquee rule amendment brought in to allow City to sign Cahill was scrapped after 1 season, with City being the only club allowed to use it.

FFA channeling the AFL for laugh out loud blatant corruption right there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve got a long way to go and a lot more signings to get done before I get too excited
True, but we do have the nucleus of a good squad. Mileusnic, Strain, Izzo, Blackwood and Konsta will all improve, Elsey and Jakobsen are a very solid defensive pairing, Baba if fit could dominate the league and Isa/Adlung are solid as ****

We do need to flesh out the wings and get another striker in, as Cavusevic won't be ready until mid year if at all. They still haven't mentioned whether or not they intend to keep him around.

I would be looking at Danny Choi again, also Jimmy Jeggo has quit Sturm Graz.

At our best we were as good as anyone, I mean we smacked 1 GF side and could have beaten the champions in the first final.

With elsey jakobsen goodwin we look good defensively. Need a 10 and a 9 and we should be in the top 4 contention again

Agree jimmy jeggo would be the best signing we can make. A genuine box to box midfielder

Agree jimmy jeggo would be the best signing we can make. A genuine box to box midfielder
But is he better than Adlung ?? I would say no, so he wouldn't come back to be a fringe player.

I would be looking at a pure 10. A foreign jet to spend our cash on, particularly if Isa becomes an Aussie during the off season. We need to have that 1 guy who can turn a game off a couple of touches, like your Castro, Ninkovic, hell even Berisha (different position of course)

But is he better than Adlung ?? I would say no, so he wouldn't come back to be a fringe player.

I would be looking at a pure 10. A foreign jet to spend our cash on, particularly if Isa becomes an Aussie during the off season. We need to have that 1 guy who can turn a game off a couple of touches, like your Castro, Ninkovic, hell even Berisha (different position of course)
Isn’t it the word that Adlung is leaving or did I imagine that?

Isn’t it the word that Adlung is leaving or did I imagine that?
That's right he is too.

In that case, Jeggo would be a very good signing. Even someone like Apo Giannou, played some Socceroos games but isn't a regular in China. Would do well here.

I don’t rate Jeggo.
I’ll give time on Blackwood but he needs to improve and get hungry
Jeggo signed with another Austrian team overnight.

We still need that Chelo style #10.

Back