2nds AFC 2021 SANFL Thread - We're baaaaaaaack (in the SANFL)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll tell you what too those blokes that were so keen to piss O'Connor off better think again.

It was only his second SANFL game wasn't it?

Crows listed player review:

Hately - much better than last week. Did far more inside work, tidied up his disposal, got into great positions. If he continues on that path he'll play AFL

O'Connor - better than last week, but not ready for AFL. 5 kicks 15 handballs is pretty indicative of his contribution.

Worrell - the best of our defenders again. Is AFL ready without a doubt

Jones - much better than last week. Had a slow first half but built into the game. Still needs a block of SANFL to build confidence but he was okay.

Borlase and Murray - both quite solid without starring

Pedlar - had an excellent 2nd quarter with some serious excitement, and 3 goals is a great result. Faded in the second half. Will play AFL soon

Davis - okay, but sprayed a few. Don't think he's a long term player for us

Thilthorpe - quiet, and was most productive around the ground where he took some very nice marks and contested marks. Needs to show more inside 50, but our delivery might make that difficult

Himmelberg - better than last week, but not amazing by any stretch. Felt Thilthorpe did more around the ground

McAsey - building nicely and playing well for a KPD in the SANFL. Needs more time but his positioning is very good

Newchurch - popped up for some nice moments but was in and out of the game a lot

Strachan - not worth watching him much as he won't play AFL

From the 30 minutes I watched Pedlar stood out as too good for that standard. Couple of nice things from O'Connor and Worrell as well.

My concern is Thilthorpe. I thought he had a lot more pace than what I saw.

Borlase has quite a long way to go with his development but seems to have the tools.
Didn't notice Jones other than that mark at the end.

Didn't really like the style of play that I saw from us. Whoever is coaching us is not getting the most out of our side. West seemed average and we should have won by more. Likely gamestyle is difficult with so many top ups.

Main positive is that Pedlar will be in our AFL side within a couple of weeks. Worrell needs opportunity at AFL level as well. No point playing him with spuds in the SANFL.

Last edited:
Game thoughts:

Hately was industrious in the first three quarters but faded in the 4th. The inside game was much better this week as well, with 5 clearances. Could do with another game in the SANFL, but he's not too far away from moving upwards.
Pedlar was spectacular when he was involved. Did fade out of the game after half time, but once he's match fit, he could easily end up finding himself making a debut.
Newchurch moved a few steps closer to a debut. Did well when he had opportunities offensively, and 6 tackles.
O'Connor was alright. Got involved, but honestly, I barely noticed him.
Jones struggled in the first half, but had a pretty good 2nd half including a game-saving mark. Hopefully, he can build from here.
Worrell gets closer to a debut. Pretty much ticked every box he had to this week.
McAsey, Murray and Borlase had some nice moments.
Thilthorpe did well getting involved around the ground. Some issues with kicking depth though, but I felt he had a solid game.
Himmelberg ditto.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back