2nds AFC 2022 SANFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cook had a quiet game looking at the stats. Was that the case? Hopefully not injured.
I reckon the return from our small forwards (wrt kicking goals) is probably our biggest deficit at the moment. Mcadam the only one with an acceptable output. Have a feeling they were testing Cook out down there to audition him for one of those positions (Murphy/Rowe/McHenry/even Rachele).

(I also feel this way about worrel who I don’t think is up to it, no harm in playing him and actually finding out)
We need to find out about some of our players like Worrell & Newchurch this year by playing them for a decent block of games.

We are in a rebuild, not pushing for finals action so it's about developing our squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to hear Newchurch get a bag.

Doesn't have a complete game, yet, but has goal sense.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
he’s still got a couple of things to work on as does any developing player.. but he’s improved 10 fold compared to last year..

would've kicked 6 or 7 today if it weren't for the horrid wind.

also had a direct hand in 4 or 5 others.. 2 of which he unselfishly dished off to team mates when he probably could‘ve kicked them himself..

reacon he should be given 4/5 weeks in a row worth of games minimum in the AFL to give him a real taste.

he cant be any worse than murphy, mchenry and Rowe have been this year.. he just looks lightyears more dangerous around goals than those three..

he’s still got a couple of things to work on as does any developing player.. but he’s improved 10 fold compared to last year..

would've kicked 6 or 7 today if it weren't for the horrid wind.

also had a direct hand in 4 or 5 others.. 2 of which he unselfishly dished off to team mates when he probably could‘ve kicked them himself..

reacon he should be given 4/5 weeks in a row worth of games minimum in the AFL to give him a real taste.

he cant be any worse than murphy, mchenry and Rowe have been this year.. he just looks lightyears more dangerous around goals than those three..
I'm comfortable he is at a stage he can learn at AFL level as he has plenty more upside than most playing in his position in our AFL side.

Was excited from feedback from Bicks etc when we took Pedlar so high in draft and in the pre season game against Port in first year he was one player that showed dash to get clear from centre bounces which we are crying for, but what goes with this kid is he the unluckiest person or does he lack something as his progress and problems have been disastrous.

Frampton so far above SANFL level it’s not funny. Showing again just how stupid we were not to persist with him. Clearly wanting him to learn his craft in the SANFL, but gee he’s a waste there

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Frampton so far above SANFL level it’s not funny. Showing again just how stupid we were not to persist with him. Clearly wanting him to learn his craft in the SANFL, but gee he’s a waste there

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
A defender who can't defend can't be a defender!

You just know we're going to have the same issue with Crouch as we did with an ageing Scott Thompson back all those years ago. He'd get dropped, rack them up at SANFL level due to his natural talents, the coaches get sucked in to picking him only to be ineffective at AFL level again. Get ready for the same merry-go-round for the next three years at least folks...

That didn't happen with Thommo. He finished the 2016 year as a first bounce mid, never being dropped. He played every game in the 2s in 2017 bar what should have been a farewell game where he hobbled around for about 10 touches after playing his entire game in the guts. And that was the last we saw of him at AFL level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back