Afghanistan cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

They have had a great world cup, they will look back at the loss against Bangladesh and think maybe what could have been.

They will be tough to beat, Australia will have to be on their game to win. cancelling those games against them will provide them with some extra motivation.

I'd love to see a big name country withdraw form a match against Afghanistan on human rights grounds at the T20 World Cup. That'll be more meaningful that not playing them in a bilateral T20 series that'll be forgotten about the day after the series ends.
Yeah a lot of people would prefer Australia and England endure punishment for taking a moral stance, rather than Afghanistan be the ones punished for taking an immoral stance. And this, unmistakably, is the implication of your wish.

My wish: I'd love for those feigning interest in this issue (clearly as a means of criticising Australia and England) to realise the ICC can make a far more meaningful statement by rightfully revoking Afghanistan's membership, thus doing their job and not passing the buck onto any other country.

I'd also love to see Afghan women be able to play cricket in their country, and for their country, without threats of violence from their own government...

Yeah a lot of people would prefer Australia and England endure punishment for taking a moral stance, rather than Afghanistan be the ones punished for taking an immoral stance. And this, unmistakably, is the implication of your wish.

My wish: I'd love for those feigning interest in this issue (clearly as a means of criticising Australia and England) to realise the ICC can make a far more meaningful statement by rightfully revoking Afghanistan's membership, thus doing their job and not passing the buck onto any other country.

I'd also love to see Afghan women be able to play cricket in their country, and for their country, without threats of violence from their own government...
Does punishing the Afghan cricketers and board for the actions of a government that they don't support actually do anything?
Genuine question.

Does punishing the Afghan cricketers and board for the actions of a government that they don't support actually do anything?
Genuine question.
Any bilateral series against Afghanistan would run at a loss. If CA are going to lose money on something, it ought to be on a cause compatible with the values of our society, for example: local women's cricket, in which resettled Afghans are able to participate, thereby living a life outlawed by thugs in their nation of birth.

Whether there's any power in the statement of a boycott alone is perhaps a question for Rashid Khan, who has employed the tactic multiple times regarding the Big Bash.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back