AFL 2017 - R1 - Sydney v Port Adelaide, SCG, 4.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done Port. Supporters will be very happy after expecting a reaming this game for the past month
I assumed you'd be bottom 6 after JLT so will be interesting to see where you go from here

Not good enough from Sydney, in conditions that are supposed to suit them as well. Lazy effort

Port had much better intensity today and rightly got the win. Hopefully means they've turned a corner cause it's good footy to watch when they going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very lazy and disjointed effort from the Swans. Well done to Port. They wanted it more.

Chinese reps. The Chinese deal potentially means big money for the AFL. They're not going to show the flagship team of their next big potential source of revenue losing straight up.
Lol take the tinfoil hat off m8 and give us a bit of credit. Some exemplary performances from some of our young guys when it mattered.

Well done Port. Supporters will be very happy after expecting a reaming this game for the past month
I assumed you'd be bottom 6 after JLT so will be interesting to see where you go from here

Not good enough from Sydney, in conditions that are supposed to suit them as well. Lazy effort
According to who? We have been putrid in slippery conditions for years yet clueless commentators, who still refer to Ben Reid and Nathan Jones as members of our team, assume because of our usual game style it would suit the wet. It's one of the biggest furphy's in football.

The stats ratio from the Swans would be alarming. 200 kicks 150 handballs.

Who would like to be a forward playing in front of that rubbish.

Sydney had 7 players with over 20 possessions compared to Port who only had 3.

According to who? We have been putrid in slippery conditions for years yet clueless commentators, who still refer to Ben Reid and Nathan Jones as members of our team, assume because of our usual game style it would suit the wet. It's one of the biggest furphy's in football.
Last year Sydney had the most Tackles, Contested Possessions and Contested Marks
Those match well with wet weather footy due to the lack of clean ball control

Compared to Sydney today, Port played on a dry deck
Everyone knows how good Sydney are but today they weren't anywhere near it

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port have had some serious heat under a very big microscope since 2014. In a way I am not surprised, they had to silence the critics and I actually don't think they're that bad an outfit. It's a big call, but this could be very Geelong like of 07 from Port if they decide to get their act together.
Lol settle down a bit. We got the jump on Sydney who had a month less pre season due to finals. I'm ecstatic with the win, some good signs for the season ahead. But I'm not getting too ahead of myself

Expect a reaming? Not me, fella.

Port looked really good, if they can maintain that intensity they will have a good year.

I thought Sydney didn't punish them enough for some of their poor disposal. I think Sydney will be up there again, they just couldn't get things going today.

It's just one game. So not getting ahead of myself. But it was a damn good game. The game was quite sloppy at times given the conditions and of course Round 1 rust. But it was still exciting. Contender for game of the round so far.

What stood out most was our midfields work ethic. It was superb. And even with an underdone Robbie Gray who is our talisman we still dominated the tough contested footy. Really pleasing to see since it's been a missing element of our footy for 2 seasons. The big question is if we can maintain that throughout the season.

Can't have a go at people predicting us to lose this game given our record against the Swans. Was nice to beat our bogey team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back