Autopsy AFL 2020 Premiership Season Second Qualifying Final - Lions v Tigers Fri October 2nd 7:50pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 50 23.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 69 32.7%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully a good match, and close. Both teams should be near to full strength. Richmond the clear favourite, but Brisbane definitely not without a chance. Obviously Brisbane must start well, and they must make the absolute most of their chances.

If Brisbane get 2-3 goals down early, or lapse into their customary inaccuracy, and kick 6.15, or some other wayward score, then they are going to get belted.

Last edited:
I can see Dusty lining him up at some stage. It actually amazes me how Robinson gets a game in a top 2 side. I don't rate him as a footballer at all. Anyhow I think it will be a ripping game and way closer than the betting markets suggest.
Hoping Richmond by 18 points with no real confindence as other Tiger posters in here.
Unlikely when our boy Dusty likes to play bruise-free.

Unlikely when our boy Dusty likes to play bruise-free.
Haha. Yeah your boy, slim Dusty.
Let's hope OUR Dusty nothing but disappoints you again next Friday night with damaging possessions that actually count unlike some big accumulators.................
Or 2 or 3 useless disposals in Mitch Robinsons case.

Haha. Yeah your boy, slim Dusty.
Let's hope OUR Dusty nothing but disappoints you again next Friday night with damaging possessions that actually count unlike some big accumulators.................
Or 2 or 3 useless disposals in Mitch Robinsons case.
I’m sure Dusty will get some nice possessions but don’t pretend he will tackle anyone! 😂

I can see one of two scenarios playing out:

Lachie Neale has two handballs in the first few minutes of the game before limping off and unluckily seeing out the game on the bench.

Richmond wins by a point.

Alternatively, Lachie Neale returns to the field after an early injury scare to put on a dominant display of finals football, racking up another fifty disposals in the process.

Richmond wins by eight goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking forward to getting to this one already, the atmosphere at last years corresponding fixture was sensational, hopefully despite the slightly smaller crowd it still matches it.

The Tigers go in as clear and deserved favourites although we are not without a chance but will have to play out of our skin to get the win, hopeful not confident.

Team stats comparison courtesy of footywire

Richmond play a style of game that stats don't always indicate their win/loss results
However it is always good to have a look seeing it is a final

Brisbane LionsAverage Per GameRichmond Tigers
183.8Kicks170.1
99.2Handballs120.0
283.0Disposals290.1
76.9Marks73.2
9.7Goals9.7
11.4Behinds8.9
21.1Scoring Shots18.6
51.6Tackles49.2
30.0Hitouts27.7
16.4Frees For14.9
16.6Frees Against18.4
6.2Goal Assists6.4
46.5Inside 50s46.6
118.9Contested Possessions113.0
159.7Uncontested Possessions174.5
197.6Effective Disposals209.3
69.8%Disposal Efficiency %72.1%
42.3Clangers50.5
9.8Contested Marks9.2
10.2Marks Inside 5010.3
31.5Clearances24.5
9.9Centre Clearances8.6
21.5Stoppage Clearances15.9
30.2Rebound 50s29.4
42.4One Percenters39.3
1.6Bounces6.7
1.85Kick to Handball Ratio1.42
46.0%Conversion52.2%
29.18Disposals Per Goal29.91
13.41Disposals Per Scoring Shot15.60
4771.5Metres Gained4997.0
56.6Turnovers58.9
61.1Intercepts62.7
10.1Tackles Inside 506.9

Looking forward to getting to this one already, the atmosphere at last years corresponding fixture was sensational, hopefully despite the slightly smaller crowd it still matches it.

The Tigers go in as clear and deserved favourites although we are not without a chance but will have to play out of our skin to get the win, hopeful not confident.

Agreed hope to but don't expect to win. I'm thinking it may be closer this time perhaps a couple of goals.

Well remember when Richmond met Geelong in a qualifying final having not beaten Geelong for ten years? We all know how that turned out. I still reckon the Tigers will have the Lions' measure this time around though.

Bit different I reckon, apart from 2013 when we lost convincingly to the Cats, 5 home & away games as shown below we had our chances but couldn't get over the line. We knew our time was coming to beat the Cats, many close encounters.
In 2017, we changed our game plan more frenetic, full-on pressure, and speed, and tigers fans starting believing that if we bring that to a final we can knock them off and that we did. The rest as they say is history.

For the Lions, they are up and coming still young overall including finals experience, and they might still suffer more defeats against Richmond but in the coming years, when our top-shelf players have retired or close to it and their young guns are peaking that's when I think they will topple us.

2017 – Lost by 14 pts

2016 - (Tiges were 35 points up at ¾ time but lost by 10 points

2015 – Lost by 9 pts

2014 – Lost by 5pts

2012 – Lost by 10 pts

Last edited:
The Tigers are so good they seem to have some kind of premonition that contact is about to happen. Eerie.

View attachment 971252

Milked it, but the real story is how dumb was Hipwood to even do that when by memory Charlie Cameron was shooting for goals.
One thing I have noticed about Cameron 'does it week in, week out' whenever he is running to a contest and is in hot pursuit oppo player mildly touches his jumper and right on cue he's arms go flapping up like he's been grabbed viciously, pleading for a free lol No doubt it will be on show again next Friday night...

Last edited:
I don't see the Tigers losing a single game this finals campaign. My only hope is that we don't lose to either Saints/Dogs and that we go into the PF having a real crack.

Both teams are on opposite ends of the "Premiership window". Richmond have another year or two and we're just beginning (Think Saints/Cats circa 2004 vs Lions/Port 2004). We're more primed than last year, despite the fact that Richmond are also just as strong (If not better).

Not sure why a lot of Tigers supporters have it in for us though, considering during their 30 year absence they would have copped it the most from the other "Big 4" and they've had the wood on us for 11 years now. They love to bash us even more than Pies fans do and they actually have bad memories of us lol.

I would say streaks are meant to be broken but hey, I'm still waiting for Everton to beat Liverpool at some point and I'd say that could go on for another 10 years easily.

Tigers by 24.
It's not my experience that we have it in for you. Quite the opposite.

Really hope the Lions can do it but it will take a monumental effort. Something akin to Collingwood in the 2018 PF. Just something that completely takes the Tigers by surprise. If they try the same old gameplan the result will be predictable.
gastro again?
tainted kebabs maybe?

Back