Autopsy AFL 2020 Premiership Season Second Qualifying Final - Lions v Tigers Fri October 2nd 7:50pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 50 23.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 69 32.7%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see the Tigers losing a single game this finals campaign. My only hope is that we don't lose to either Saints/Dogs and that we go into the PF having a real crack.

Both teams are on opposite ends of the "Premiership window". Richmond have another year or two and we're just beginning (Think Saints/Cats circa 2004 vs Lions/Port 2004). We're more primed than last year, despite the fact that Richmond are also just as strong (If not better).

Not sure why a lot of Tigers supporters have it in for us though, considering during their 30 year absence they would have copped it the most from the other "Big 4" and they've had the wood on us for 11 years now. They love to bash us even more than Pies fans do and they actually have bad memories of us lol.

I would say streaks are meant to be broken but hey, I'm still waiting for Everton to beat Liverpool at some point and I'd say that could go on for another 10 years easily.

Tigers by 24.
Ha ha what? We (myself I should say) certainly don't have anything against Brisbane as its been a pretty good decade for us vs you. Just trying to wind yas up if anything. Honestly though, If the tiges cant do it, Brissy are my next hope. and followed by anyone but the WC whiners, ffs, what a bunch of sooks Their supporters are so tedious and whinge first, ask questions later. Good luck.

We’ll give Brisbane a warm welcome to the M.C.Gabba.

Hardwick breaks Tom Hafey’s club record for games as coach, and Cotchin equals Percy Bentley’s club record set 80 years ago for games as captain.

Maybe we should unfurl the 2019 flag while we’re at it.

Definitely my preferred matchup in the top 4 but by no means a walk in the park. Will be a heavily pro Brisbane crowd, it’s important we start well to make sure the game doesn’t just slip away from us.
Still waiting (and fearing) for a top team to try flooding tactics against us. It clearly blunts our attack, it just needs a team that is still able to put scoreboard pressure on while doing it and we are in trouble. Easier said than done though.

Ha ha what? We (myself I should say) certainly don't have anything against Brisbane as its been a pretty good decade for us vs you. Just trying to wind yas up if anything. Honestly though, If the tiges cant do it, Brissy are my next hope. and followed by anyone but the WC whiners, ffs, what a bunch of sooks Their supporters are so tedious and whinge first, ask questions later. Good luck.
Fagan was a Richmond supporter so massive respect for him,one of the likable coaches.

Richmond bleeds.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeh, let's relax. Its not David v Goliath here, with the Lions playing at home it might be 60/40 game Richmond's way but its hardly the upset of the century if Brisbane win. Either team could easily get up on a good/bad day for the other.

Yeh, let's relax. Its not David v Goliath here, with the Lions playing at home it might be 60/40 game Richmond's way but its hardly the upset of the century if Brisbane win. Either team could easily get up on a good/bad day for the other.

Has the makings of a rivalry. Reckon the loser is capable of forcing a GF rematch.

Tigers haven't been overly convincing at Gabba this year, they didn't exactly smash lower-tier sides Sydney and Gold Coast there (8 point and 21 point wins respectively), still think they will win by 3-4 goals or so but its not a lock-in like some people seem to think

Tigers haven't been overly convincing at Gabba this year, they didn't exactly smash lower-tier sides Sydney and Gold Coast there (8 point and 21 point wins respectively), still think they will win by 3-4 goals or so but its not a lock-in like some people seem to think

We didn't smash Collingwood either. All three sides parked the bus, and Brisbane doesn't play that way.

Sure, the more games we play, the closer we are to a defeat against Brisbane or in Queensland. But our consistent winning record provides a degree of comfort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch Robbo backpedaling on his Tom Lynch is a w***er comments from a few weeks back.

Bit soft imo, just own it - comes across as scared now.
I can see Dusty lining him up at some stage. It actually amazes me how Robinson gets a game in a top 2 side. I don't rate him as a footballer at all. Anyhow I think it will be a ripping game and way closer than the betting markets suggest.
Hoping Richmond by 18 points with no real confindence as other Tiger posters in here.

Last edited:
I can see Dusty lining him up at some stage. It actually amazes me how Robinson gets a game in a top 2 side. I don't rate him as a footballer at all. Anyhow I think it will be a ripping game and way closer than the betting markets suggest.
Hoping Richmond by 18 points with no real confindence as other Tiger posters in here.

Robbo was very good last year on the wing, and was pretty important in our rise up the ladder. I think Champion Data rated him the second best winger behind McCluggage.

This year I think his form has dropped off quite a bit, and thought he was lucky to keep his position in the side a few times this year. I think he's a good chance at losing his spot on the wing to Bailey next year.

Dusty's not that player, he's generally chilled and doesn't give a heck and will just play his game unless a tagger is breathing in his ear all game then he might get frustrated and wrestle them.

Honestly for all the talk I bet you on gameday the Robinson/Lynch thing is barely an issue and they probably don't even interact at the footy that much. Maybe around a forward 50 stoppage or two one of them throws a sledge at the other but it will be a non-event.

Dusty isn’t that type of player. If he was brave enough to drop in the hole in front of lynch however I’m sure Tom would have no issue reminding him of those comments.

Honestly for all the talk I bet you on gameday the Robinson/Lynch thing is barely an issue and they probably don't even interact at the footy that much. Maybe around a forward 50 stoppage or two one of them throws a sledge at the other but it will be a non-event.

I agree. Robbo's largely taken the stupid discipline related incidents out of his game since he came to Brisbane too. Think he's only been suspended once since coming to Brisbane in 2015.

Not even the grand final and the hype is real, i think after last year this is everyones grand final

Hope there is a replay either way
I think most the hype is coming from Brisbane - they have such a complex about playing the tiges, this is their GF - but I feel the Tigers are thinking its more of a game where they just need to get the job done.

Just hope the tigers aren't complacent because at the very least the Lions will be pumped and will come out hard.

I also think if the Lions lose this they will again go out in straight sets against the Bulldogs the following week.

If Tiges do lose I think they could go out in straight sets as well - Bulldogs scare me. If they win they'd be odds on to win it all.

I think most the hype is coming from Brisbane - they have such a complex about playing the tiges, this is their GF - but I feel the Tigers are thinking its more of a game where they just need to get the job done.

Just hope the tigers aren't complacent because at the very least the Lions will be pumped and will come out hard.

I also think if the Lions lose this they will again go out in straight sets against the Bulldogs the following week.

If Tiges do lose I think they could go out in straight sets as well - Bulldogs scare me. If they win they'd be odds on to win it all.

The Dogs have a very good record V Tigers so you're right to be scared. I'd be confident though of the Lions beating them having won our previous two encounters.

I hope you're not a punter. If you are then think about the people that rely on you, lot of big ifs, feels and hopes there.
Covid restrictions have just been lifted again. 75% capacity allowed now from next Thursday which means we’ll have 30,000 there for this final!!!
Hell yeah

Back