AFL Grand Final AFL 2021 GRAND FINAL - Demons v Dogs Sat September 25th 7:15pm EST / 5:15pm WST (Optus) Congratulations Demons! 🍾🏆 Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 16 4.4%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 16 4.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 132 36.4%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 108 29.8%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 50 13.8%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 33 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Paper means nothing, I get that. But our ruckman just kicked 5 in a PF and is an AA and May is an AA full back.
And we’ve got a guy who has broken numerous records this year and is putting together one of the best final series of all time in Macrae, our 5th/6th choice midfielder has kicked 8 goals in the finals and arguably the best player in the comp right now in Bont. It’s a mouth watering contest tbh both teams have some huge weapons which counteract the other teams strengths/weaknesses

And we’ve got a guy who has broken numerous records this year and is putting together one of the best final series of all time in Macrae, our 5th/6th choice midfielder has kicked 8 goals in the finals and arguably the best player in the comp right now in Bont. It’s a mouth watering contest tbh both teams have some huge weapons which counteract the other teams strengths/weaknesses
Completely agree. Am struggling to find a better placed GF match up. Both sides have phenomenal players, with that to be recognised tonight I would say in the way the Brownlow unfolds.

The best two sides are in the GF.

Spargo is the biggest flop in any professional code around the world. I can’t believe he flops and throws his head back when he is tackled around the waist. Oliver is a Far worse staging than any player we have on our list but cannot compare to Spargo. Spargo is just an embarrassment and hopefully he misses with an ankle and save us all from his antics.
That's a bit far

Should be a great grand final, I predict a nervous start for the Dees which the Dogs will capitalise on early then the Dees will relax and dominate in the air and peg it back and take the lead, Then the dogs will come back late with their running ability then the final siren will go and the best team on the day will be the premiers, who that will be buggered if I can separate them. Since I have to tip someone I’ll probably tip Dogs by a point but be happy for a Dees win.

Should be a great grand final, I predict a nervous start for the Dees which the Dogs will capitalise on early then the Dees will relax and dominate in the air and peg it back and take the lead, Then the dogs will come back late with their running ability then the final siren will go and the best team on the day will be the premiers, who that will be buggered if I can separate them. Since I have to tip someone I’ll probably tip Dogs by a point but be happy for a Dees win.

I might have the ambulance on speed dial if this happens!!

The biggest issue for mine is May. I will be surprised if he makes it through the game without further damage to that hammy, he looked very proppy against the Cats.
Can't envisage him & Stef Martin not breaking down at some stage but at least with the latter it'll be borderline expected. Optus stadium is a hamstring graveyard

Can make a case for both teams TBH. A few points that interest me are:
1. Dogs should be hardened up and I like the fact they corrected a dip in form late in the season. It probably means that beveridge and co. have got to work and readjusted things and probably some thorough talks were held in the coaches meetings. Goodwin and Dees pretty seamless.
2. Bye before GF is unique. Preparation is different for both. Which club is ready and switched on?
3. Dogs saluted in 16 . They know they can get it done. And bye probably helps again!
Hope it’s a good game!

I'm sure all the Richmond fans that joined in 2017 also "followed" football 15 years prior.
Of course, I could post a photo of my Membership with the 12-year stamp on it but I'm sure all you Western Bulldogs supporters will still think I'm a bandwagon because by reading this thread it seems Logic and sense aren't part of your thinking patterns

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huge fan of Dees this year, the style of play is great. Dogs have won me over the last month. Prior to that I thought they were soft. How wrong was I.

Dees rely on May. Hope he is okay.

Losing the recent game to the Dogs can play in their favour. Teams learn and adapt. The first final series I attended as a young boy was 72. Blues Tiges semi a draw. Replay Tiges crushed them. GF Blues played a perfect game of footy.

Similar learning based turnarounds are frequent. Will Dees adapt to the last game where the Dogs forced Lever to Naughton, and Bont was not fully respected?

Anyway, I am incredibly pumped for this game, 2 inform teams, 2 different but strong midfields steady as she goes versus Bevo's magic dust.

The 2 best teams of the year coming together on the last day, cant ask for better!
The two teams have had distinctly different lead ins, the Dees havent had to move around much, havent suffered injuries (pretty much all season - touch wood hope Spargos OK) and havent played a team at home in their 2 finals. Brisbane and Cats are both shite away from home.
by contrast the dogs have covered the country, been quarantined for almost the entire finals, have played 2 of their 3 finals at the oppositions home grounds where strong home crowds would have been massive boosts.
So, yeah, the Dogs have definitly done it harder. Which should help, especially after a bye.
It should be a great game, Im quietly confident right now, wont be next saturday until the final siren. Either team could win, Im hoping for a 20 point dogs win after leading all day.

Of course, I could post a photo of my Membership with the 12-year stamp on it but I'm sure all you Western Bulldogs supporters will still think I'm a bandwagon because by reading this thread it seems Logic and sense aren't part of your thinking patterns
I was clearly having a joking jab. Must've struck a nerve.

I do not think this will be a fun match for dogs and dees fans.

Can see this going to extra time.

I watched both the 2009 and 2010 grand finals over the weekend on Kayo's countdown. How the **** did Saints fans find the will to keep watching footy after those 2 years of torture? You all deserve medals.

They should’ve broken the drought in 2010
I reckon 09 was their year only lost two games for the season, they just came up against a hungry Geelong who blew it the year before. I know 2010 they had a draw and if there was extra time they may have gotten up, but I reckon by the end of the season Collingwood were the clear best team in the comp.

I reckon 09 was their year only lost two games for the season, they just came up against a hungry Geelong who blew it the year before. I know 2010 they had a draw and if there was extra time they may have gotten up, but I reckon by the end of the season Collingwood were the clear best team in the comp.
Yep Collingwood were well below their best in the first Granny, St Kilda were spent for the second one.
Peopel forget how unlucky the Saints were in 97 too - a Spider Everitt injury robbing them of the flag.

2009 was definitely the year they shit the bed. Missed plenty of straight forward opportunities, led at every change and just couldn't land the killer blow. After watching them back, I now understand why so many of their fans on here are deranged. Poor b******!

Huge fan of Dees this year, the style of play is great. Dogs have won me over the last month. Prior to that I thought they were soft. How wrong was I.

Dees rely on May. Hope he is okay.

Losing the recent game to the Dogs can play in their favour. Teams learn and adapt. The first final series I attended as a young boy was 72. Blues Tiges semi a draw. Replay Tiges crushed them. GF Blues played a perfect game of footy.

Similar learning based turnarounds are frequent. Will Dees adapt to the last game where the Dogs forced Lever to Naughton, and Bont was not fully respected?

Anyway, I am incredibly pumped for this game, 2 inform teams, 2 different but strong midfields steady as she goes versus Bevo's magic dust.
R19 was a wet slog, unless it rains again there’s not a lot to take out of it. We struggled against the Hawks in similar conditions the previous week. The big learning from that game was to not concede 37 points from forward stoppages and not give away so many stupid free kicks. Not sure how much the Lever/Naughton stuff played into it given Lever still had 15 intercepts and we had more marks inside forward 50. I’d expect Petty to go to Naughton this time with no Bruce, and I don’t see Schache and English keeping Lever and May accountable on a dry day. Dogs will have to belt us in the middle.

Back