Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 12 - Blues v Eagles Sun June 6th 3:20pm EST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Can I ask how/where do you get these stats?

Willing to bet its the first time this year our Avg hgt is even close to under 190

Database using the heights and weights from the AFL Record Season Guide.

West Coast average height figures, with difference to opposition and height rank

2021 189.3 +1.0 1st
2020 189.1 +1.4 1st
2019 187.9 -0.04 9th
2018 187.7 +0.1 7th
2017 187.7 +0.1 8th
2016 188.2 +0.5 5th
2015 187.8 +0.1 9th
2014 188.8 +1.2 2nd
2013 188.4 +1.0 2nd
2012 188.2 +0.7 4th

Database using the heights and weights from the AFL Record Season Guide.

West Coast average height figures, with difference to opposition and height rank

2021 189.3 +1.0 1st
2020 189.1 +1.4 1st
2019 187.9 -0.04 9th
2018 187.7 +0.1 7th
2017 187.7 +0.1 8th
2016 188.2 +0.5 5th
2015 187.8 +0.1 9th
2014 188.8 +1.2 2nd
2013 188.4 +1.0 2nd
2012 188.2 +0.7 4th

Oh so that is the season stats that you originally posted? I assumed it was the 22 for this week.

Cheers though

I'm thinking Carlton unfortunately, we have so many outs and our form is poor. It is a game we really need to win, though, and a backs against the wall win would at least provide some confidence and pride in the short term. Wouldn't be that surprised if we pull it off either. No TK and OA really hurts though. Even if this was at Optus I wouldn't be overly confident the way we're going, so at the SCG I'm thinking Blues by about 20.
Not sure if youve noticed but our gameplan is such that we struggled to put away even Hawthorn.

You're missing a lot of players but Blues actually have more players either out or underdone like Arrow said. We have had the second worst injury list this season after GC.

Expect a close contest. We have the same amount of KPPs out, so it comes down to midfield. Even with your outs NicNat Yeo Gaff Redden Sheed still deadly.

Not sure if youve noticed but our gameplan is such that we struggled to put away even Hawthorn.

You're missing a lot of players but Blues actually have more players either out or underdone like Arrow said. We have had the second worst injury list this season after GC.

Expect a close contest. We have the same amount of KPPs out, so it comes down to midfield. Even with your outs NicNat Yeo Gaff Redden Sheed still deadly.

That's true, but Essendon beating us at home has really made me lose confidence in us. Then again Essendon are currently in a purple patch and seem to have a habit of upsetting us. I remember 2018 when they beat us at home and we thought it was season over as far as premiership hopes. I'm pretty sure you can put a fork in this year's flag aapirations, but I just hope we put in a decent showing.

finally playing a team with just as many injuries as us. expect a close contest but feel the eagles mids still have our brigade for depth

will come down to whether harry can kick straight I think!

Until now, despite all the injuries we've managed to avoid too many spuds from ending up in the 22. Yes we've been depleted, but we've lost a number of games due to slowing to a crawl after half time and being unable to maintain any semblance of structure, rather than losing on lack of talent.
But it seems this week we passed the tipping point, and our playing list looks as if Tony Galati has been added to the match committee.

So the result is mostly up to Carlton. If they are hungry for 4 quarters then I feel like it will be theirs for the taking. Could even get into percentage-boosting territory if they can break us early enough in the piece and get their tails up. We're ripe for the smashing and everyone knows it.

... Not that west coast can't conceivably win.
Hopefully Ryan & Hurn will be better for having a bit of game time under their belts, hopefully last week helped Yeo rather than breaking him again, and maybe O'Neill miraculously transformed from a crab to a football player over the last few weeks.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

finally playing a team with just as many injuries as us. expect a close contest but feel the eagles mids still have our brigade for depth

will come down to whether harry can kick straight I think!
Other than Charlie Curnow, who else is out? Eagles are missing 2 of their spine (Kennedy, McGovern), both players replacement in Allen and 2 AA squad quality midfielders (Shuey, Kelly). Until Carlton is missing Curnow, McKay, Walsh and Cripps it is no where near even.

I'm tipping the Blues to get the job done but this could easily go either way. The Eagles have a lot of outs but the Blues, well they're so inconsistent within games and the fact that beating West Coast would put them within 1 win of the 8 makes me wonder if they'll choke. It's one of those must win games that the Blues have so often stuffed up.

Other than Charlie Curnow, who else is out? Eagles are missing 2 of their spine (Kennedy, McGovern), both players replacement in Allen and 2 AA squad quality midfielders (Shuey, Kelly). Until Carlton is missing Curnow, McKay, Walsh and Cripps it is no where near even.
I thought Jack Martin out but he's back. Just more excuses

Until now, despite all the injuries we've managed to avoid too many spuds from ending up in the 22. Yes we've been depleted, but we've lost a number of games due to slowing to a crawl after half time and being unable to maintain any semblance of structure, rather than losing on lack of talent.
But it seems this week we passed the tipping point, and our playing list looks as if Tony Galati has been added to the match committee.

So the result is mostly up to Carlton. If they are hungry for 4 quarters then I feel like it will be theirs for the taking. Could even get into percentage-boosting territory if they can break us early enough in the piece and get their tails up. We're ripe for the smashing and everyone knows it.

... Not that west coast can't conceivably win.
Hopefully Ryan & Hurn will be better for having a bit of game time under their belts, hopefully last week helped Yeo rather than breaking him again, and maybe O'Neill miraculously transformed from a crab to a football player over the last few weeks.

The issue, we have been unable to put 4 quarter together
there is usually one quarter where we s**t the bed
if its close and eagles can exploit that quarter it will be close

Today is that rarest of days when I'd prefer a Carlton win. That said, reckon the Eagles have enough star power left to get over the line.

Essendon fans being forced to barrack for a Carlton win is amusing.

Hmm, Carlton is on a 7-game losing streak against West Coast, last winning in 2014. Surprised to find that out given how close Carlton have come a couple of time.

Interested to see if Carlton will capitalise on West Coast’s injuries today. I know they have injuries themselves, but an opportunity has presented itself

Back