Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 7 - Eagles v Dockers Sun May 2nd 4:40pm EST (Optus) Eagles Podcast Link in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

HurleyHepsHird

Ghost Stories for the End of the World
Oct 2, 2011
Between the Lines
AFL Club
West Coast
OMG just heard from the West Coast Australian that WC have injuries to key players and it may affect their on field performance for the derby.

Thoughts and prayers.

Can't imagine what it would be like to have so many key players out for so many games in season. Devastating.
Great post.

Atomboy

Premiership Player
Jan 22, 2007
Yes
AFL Club
St Kilda
Dont you start. Lol.

your team was that bad 2-3 weeks ago one of your kids seriously contemplated barracking for the dockers lol

I still love you man, keep fighting the good fight.

The little man has eased off footy and now focussing on his basketball. Still supposedly a Saints fan but a little apathy creeping in.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Well that would have to go down as one of the worst derbies of all time, no crowd and a dull one sided game after half time.

It was a shame too, because for the first half it was looking like being one of the best derbies for a long time.

Then we just completely folded after half time. We deserve all the heat we cop this week after that.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers
Derbys are so poor compared to the showdowns. It's like the game is still living off the year 2000 clash!

That's the one that gets talked about but it was really just a one off.

The real peak period of the derby rivalry was the mid 2000's when it was the Carr bros vs Cousins and co. That was when it felt like it had genuine feeling for a sustained period.

Total_Juddshanks

Premiership Player
Aug 4, 2005
Fee
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
The good ones
I honestly don't see how Fremantle will win a derby with their present group. It isn't just the number of players West Coast were missing today, but the quality. Excluding Rioli, the six other people missing from team had 4 x B&F medals and 9 x AA selections between them. Take out basicallly one third of a starting 18 comprised of hardened, highly experienced AA calibre players, and replace them with fringe players like Edwards/Jones/Langdon/Vardy/Witherden... and they lost by 10 goals?! It simply makes no sense.

The wily weagle

Premiership Player
Oct 16, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Fremantle are a proud little club who demands excellence.

After all, they made that grand final that one time 🙊😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

situationz

Team Captain
Apr 9, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Melbourne, Golden State Warriors
I almost forgot... Freo finally kicked more goals than points

May 31, 2019
Belmont, WA
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Perth Glory, Everton FC, SSC Napoli
Hurn > Ryan
Gov > Pearce
Barrass > Hamling
Shuey>Hill
Yeo>Cerra
Ryan>Young
Rioli>
Cox played

Reaching there by comparing that bunch with 7 of our best 10 or 11 players missing
Fair enough. Never copped so much attention from a post. It was more about their players being out that are important to them & their structure & seemingly dismissed by many WC posters, rather then like for like. But i acknowledge how it was wrote to see that.
You guys destroyed them regardless so hats off to WC. Cant say I have seen a team get belted by 100 points then turn it around like that a week later. Not sure how Freo can ever beat you.

Fair enough. Never copped so much attention from a post. It was more about their players being out that are important to them & their structure & seemingly dismissed by many WC posters, rather then like for like. But i acknowledge how it was wrote to see that.
You guys destroyed them regardless so hats off to WC. Cant say I have seen a team get belted by 100 points then turn it around like that a week later. Not sure how Freo can ever beat you.

Believe it or not that's not the first time we got thrashed by the cats at Kardinya only to thump Freo the following week, 2000 season

Screenshot_20210503-192134_Edge.jpg

Note the Adelaide game the week before also, that was a roller coaster 3 weeks.

Scott Cummings goal tallies for the 3 weeks were

Back