Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 1 - Saints v Freo Sun March 19th 4:40pm AEDT (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 33 38.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

St-Kilda-vs-Fremantle.png

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 1
ST KILDA V FREMANTLE
SUNDAY MARCH 19TH 4:40PM AEDT (MARVEL)

:arrowright: CLICK HERE JOIN TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY’S OWN SYSTEM
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

CF953DB5-3AA4-4181-9C98-45306F447E81.png

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

TEAMS

Saints

B: Battle, Howard, Wilkie
HB: Stocker, Sinclair, Wanganeen-Milera
C: Wood, Steele, Byrnes
HF: Higgins, Hill, Owens
F: Cordy, Gresham, Butler
FOL: Marshall, Crouch, Clark

I/C: Bytel, Webster, Paton, Windhager, Phillipou, Campbell, Sharman, Caminiti

Dockers
B: Clark, Pearce, Ryan
HB: Cox, Young, Chapman
C: Hughes, Brodie, Aish
HF: Frederick, Jackson, O’Meara
F: Schultz, Fyfe, Switkowski
FOL: Darcy, Brayshaw, Serong

I/C: Walker, Henry, Taberner, Banfield, Johnson, Treacy, Sturt, Wilson

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

St Kilda Events:

Phillipou and Caminiti AFL debut

Mattaes (muh-tay-yus) Phillipou (phil-ip-po) and Anthony Caminiti (cam-in-ee-tee) will both make their AFL debuts today. Mattaes joined the Saints with pick 10 in the 2022 National Draft, while Anthony was signed via the Supplementary Selection Period after just two training sessions with the Saints.

Cordy and Stocker club debut

Premiership player Zaine Cordy and former Blue Liam Stocker will make their Saints' debuts today. This marks Cordy's 119th AFL game, while Stocker will register his 29th game at the highest level.

Indigenous Gift Presentation
Continuing a tradition started last year, the Saints' will take part in an Indigenous Gift Presentation at the coin toss of every game. The presentation represents the continual yawa (journey) the club is on, extending the invitation to clubs across the league to join.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Saints could be anything this year but backing my local port side Freo by 25 points
They could be anything this year but once the final siren sounds, they’ll be losers.

The Ross Lyon cup! Can’t see the Saints really troubling Freo on last year’s form but anything can happen in round 1, especially when one side has a new coach.

I’ll stick with the Dockers but I won’t be at all surprised if it goes the other way.

We were missing as many as 10 of our best 22 yesterday and most will still be missing for R1, so we’re looking seriously up against it for this game.

One thing’s for sure, it’s not likely to be high-scoring.
I see what you did here....

And you are saying it's not likely to be a high scoring game.

What's it based on? Is it anything to do with Ross Lyon? LoL

We were missing as many as 10 of our best 22 yesterday and most will still be missing for R1, so we’re looking seriously up against it for this game.

One thing’s for sure, it’s not likely to be high-scoring.
St Kilda should cop a pineapple for allowing Ross Lyon football back into our game.

Can just imagine watching a Saints game this year.

7E43C8B8-059E-4C39-B8D7-124C4C414491.gif

YI see what you did here....

And you are saying it's not likely to be a high scoring game.

What's it based on? Is it anything to do with Ross Lyon? LoL
No we have injuries to Max King, Tim Membrey, Jack Hayes, Isaac Keeler

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s funny cause most hawks supporters were saying he was no big loss, he’d go missing in games , underperformed,was stifling the development of worpel(lol) etc
Only those who weren't paying attention. He was Captain in McEvoy's absence for a reason. Now if they said that about Tom Mitchell on the other hand...

That’s funny cause most hawks supporters were saying he was no big loss, he’d go missing in games , underperformed,was stifling the development of worpel(lol) etc
No, a few hawks fans have impressed me by complimenting a departing player usually it’s boots in no matter how good they are.
It’s a win win because people wouldn’t listen to dockers fans but they will find out meek is a top 10 ruckman when given opportunity

What did he say

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He said "thank god I don't have to wear purple anymore".

If Freo are any good we should win by at least 25 points

You will have no excuses if you lose, you will be at full strength and we will be at about 3/4 strength with all our injured players.

If Freo are any good we should win by at least 25 points
If you're a top six team and we're a bottom six team then sure. But round one has a habit of throwing up some interesting results and teams may not actually be where the collective groupthink has them.

If you're a top six team and we're a bottom six team then sure. But round one has a habit of throwing up some interesting results and teams may not actually be where the collective groupthink has them.
The collective group think of the media is Freo either just making or just missing the finals. Saints improving with Ross Lyon so almost the same boat. Group think also says we can’t win away even though we had a great record last year.

Freo winning by a lot and for that to happen we’d have to kick a lot of goals would qualify as a strange round 1 result despite what fans know is happening in each team with availability.

Back