Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 11 - Crows v Lions Sun May 28th 4:40pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • Crows by a lot

• Lions by a lot

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

+20 inside 50's
+4 clearances
+8 contested possessions
-10 turnovers
28 scoring shots to 25

Is it really that strange? I'm happy for you to debate it if you think I am wrong.
+20 inside 50s is a big stat but +4 clearances +8 contested possessions -10 turnovers and whopping 3 extra scoring shots is nothing in it. We lead and looked like winning all day. You dominated for a period in the 3rd but that was it. If you want to win away from home you gotta be better than that and take your opportunities.

On paper, Brisbane should take care of us, even at home. The Lions aren't bad away from the Gabba anymore. Nevertheless, we are a confidence side and will be looking to respond after last week's non-competitive showing. Playing at Adelaide Oval gives us an extra leg.

The Crows have pleasantly surprised me every time we've played at home this year (except against Richmond) and have unpleasantly surprised me in every away game (except Geelong, that was totally expected).

I'm still going with Lions by 20.
Crows accuracy Infront of goal was the difference. And yes I saw Rachele freak goal in a tight angle just before 3 quarter time

Frustrating game to lose when you dominate. Feels like a classic premier league game when the Top 6 team just batters the weaker oppo but they get a few on the counter attack and cause an upset.

Credit to the Crows for capitalizing on our sloppyness but you play this game over again and I don't think you get the same result.
No shame to lose to the crows at South Australia this season.

They put 17 goals on Freo a month back.

Your Brisbane side isn't the only side to lose narrowly by spraying scoring shots this round

+20 inside 50s is a big stat but +4 clearances +8 contested possessions -10 turnovers and whopping 3 extra scoring shots is nothing in it. We lead and looked like winning all day. You dominated for a period in the 3rd but that was it. If you want to win away from home you gotta be better than that and take your opportunities.
I'd argue the period in the 3rd was essentially the whole 3rd but thanks for at least responding with your thoughts on it.

Crows are a good side, at home and I think you guys played the conditions better. It's not a big derail for us I don't think but it's only frustrating as I thought we deserved a bit more from the 3rd but that's on us and the defense from the Crows was great. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Yep you have worked out our secret deal, well done
Nah... That's bulls**t.

I have seen the crows been on the other end of umpires on certain games.

2016 vs the dogs at docklands was one of those games.

Umpire Troy Pannell face 18 free kicks in that game. 17 to the dogs and only 1 to the crows

I constantly remind crows fans such as Kane McGoodwin that game

Collingwood are 1-1 away from home against Top 8 teams, the one win by 1 point ironically against Adelaide.

We just happen to play a lot more games away than Collingwood, for obvious reasons.
Not ironic, but a better comparative performance.

The difference is that the GF is played at the MCG. Even if Pies had a poor away record, they don't yet, it wouldn't necessarily impact their finals credentials. Different story for Brisbane.

So far Lions have beaten Blues and Giants away (0 top 8 teams), North at a neutral venue.

Lost away to Dogs, Power, Crows. 0-3 against current top 8 teams. Not disastrous yet, but something to track.

The difference is that the GF is played at the MCG. Even if Pies had a poor away record, they don't yet, it wouldn't necessarily impact their finals credentials. Different story for Brisbane.

So far Lions have beaten Blues and Giants away (0 top 8 teams), North at a neutral venue.

Lost away to Dogs, Power, Crows. 0-3 against current top 8 teams. Not disastrous yet, but something to track.
We won at the MCG in a high pressure semi final not even 12 months ago, against the reigning premiers.

You want to know how many times we've played there since? Once. In the Prelim loss to the Cats

I do understand what you're alluding too and not exactly hard disagreeing but it's hard to judge us at the MCG, if we aren't playing there. This is why a lot of interstate teams say VIC teams have an advantage. You get to play the venue of the Grand Final, for large parts of the year. We do not but these are challenges that have been overcome in the past, so it's not a big deal.

We have the Hawks at the MCG after the bye.

Nah... That's bulls**t.

I have seen the crows been on the other end of umpires on certain games.

2016 vs the dogs at docklands was one of those games.

Umpire Troy Pannell face 18 free kicks in that game. 17 to the dogs and only 1 to the crows

I constantly remind crows fans such as Kane McGoodwin that game
Troy ******* Parnell is still the #1 cheating umpire of all time.

It's not often the crowd are fully booing the umpires... but we were in the 3rd as they suddenly became trigger happy after letting play go in the 1st half. It's like there were suddenly a different set of rules...

Just happy we played well to get the 4 points against a quality team.

Troy ******* Parnell is still the #1 cheating umpire of all time.

It's not often the crowd are fully booing the umpires... but we were in the 3rd as they suddenly became trigger happy after letting play go in the 1st half. It's like there were suddenly a different set of rules...

Just happy we played well to get the 4 points against a quality team.
Yeah today's crows vs brisbane game was similar like crows vs Collingwood game at Adelaide oval a couple of weeks back.

Crows made use of their goal scoring andset shots today.

Brisbane today played like the crows vs Collingwood a few weeks back.

Hell.... Carlton kicked 6.15.51 vs swans on Friday night with 2 Coleman medal holders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd argue the period in the 3rd was essentially the whole 3rd but thanks for at least responding with your thoughts on it.

Crows are a good side, at home and I think you guys played the conditions better. It's not a big derail for us I don't think but it's only frustrating as I thought we deserved a bit more from the 3rd but that's on us and the defense from the Crows was great. Best of luck for the rest of the season.
Yeah, I think you guys are still probably top 4 and will destroy us in Brisbane when we play next, happy to get the win today though and cling on to finals hope.

+20 inside 50's
+4 clearances
+8 contested possessions
-10 turnovers
28 scoring shots to 25

Is it really that strange? I'm happy for you to debate it if you think I am wrong.
Statistics FFS watch the game and comment like it was for 165 years. Players say they are overacted...the crows had a 15 min lapse in 2nd qtr but we're equal or better for most of the rest. the rules are s**t these days the game better than most this week..lions inaccurate for that 15 minutes see..no fecking statistics

On Redmi Note 9 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lions dominated the 3rd term but kicked 1.9. You won't win many games with that sort of accuracy.

Statistics FFS watch the game and comment like it was for 165 years. Players say they are overacted...the crows had a 15 min lapse in 2nd qtr but we're equal or better for most of the rest. the rules are s**t these days the game better than most this week..lions inaccurate for that 15 minutes see..no fecking statistics

On Redmi Note 9 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
I assume you missed the 3rd quarter if you're saying to watch the game.

Because I watched an all-time waste of dominance. Maybe you saw something different in the 3rd quarter?

We won at the MCG in a high pressure semi final not even 12 months ago, against the reigning premiers.

You want to know how many times we've played there since? Once. In the Prelim loss to the Cats

I do understand what you're alluding too and not exactly hard disagreeing but it's hard to judge us at the MCG, if we aren't playing there. This is why a lot of interstate teams say VIC teams have an advantage. You get to play the venue of the Grand Final, for large parts of the year. We do not but these are challenges that have been overcome in the past, so it's not a big deal.

We have the Hawks at the MCG after the bye.
Agree. I'm not having a genuine go, just being a little mischievous. To be serious, I do think it's poor that you don't get more MCG games.

Unfortunately we're playing you at Marvel later in the year. Seems a missed opportunity. I'm sure we'd get a good crowd at the 'G.

Agree. I'm not having a genuine go, just being a little mischievous. To be serious, I do think it's poor that you don't get more MCG games.

Unfortunately we're playing you at Marvel later in the year. Seems a missed opportunity. I'm sure we'd get a good crowd at the 'G.
Yeah I know you're not having a go, no stress.

It's obviously an issue that even Fagan has mentioned a few times about why we're not getting more games at the MCG. There is no world we should be playing Collingwood at Marvel, even Carlton. Why did we not play Carlton at the MCG? So silly.

A point about scoring shots tho: this can be misleading. Scoring a point gives you a strong chance of scoring again. If you keep missing, you can control field position. Similar story for inside 50s.

You can't do a Dwayne Russel and say, wow if that 6.14 was 14.6 it'd be a different game. No one can predict how the game would have gone if some missed shots were goaled. Does the opposition answer straight back? Maybe kick a few in a row? It's possible to be in an even worse position, we simply can't know.

That said, Pies were definitely the better team when they had 28-26 scoring shots against Brisbane 😜

Dogs were out of the 8 when they beat us and Carlton were in the 8 when we beat them. These type of things change week to week.

Back