Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - Freo v Tigers Sat June 10th 7:25pm AEST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. Port were the better team on Friday night and thoroughly deserved their win. But the non-call on Aliir and then the free kick on Baker for the goal line shepherd were baffling.

Umpiring must be insanely difficult, and mistakes happen. But just some consistency in approach would be nice.

Well done the tigers on last night’s win, pretty gritty and mature performance - particularly in killing the game off late.
It would have to be the case as with just about everything else in footy and life that umpires lose confidence and go into their shell on the field and in the moment.

The game relentlessly requires their involvement and so when the umpiring goes south, just like when a player or a teams game goes south, it becomes evident.

No. What was abysmal was Richmond's skill level. But of course, instead of being humbled by that, the arrogance focuses on something else. Perfect example of the mindset of the club and it's supporters. 👍
Hahaha of course we are arrogant in some respects. And rightly so. We're coming away from an era of 3 flags in 4 years and have won 8 flags in just over 50 years, something that your club for example can only dream about and perpetually has its work in front of them to try to replicate let alone exceed.

We may be arrogant but it's talking the walk. If Essendon ever learn to walk again we might take comments about 'abysmal skill level' and humility from a bunch of could shoulda woulda's somewhat seriously 😉

You’ve misunderstood me. I’m saying once the overall umpiring evened up (as in free kicks were being paid both ways) Fremantle started to come back. Meaning the free kicks were irrelevant.

if the free kick count stat wasn’t available to the public, no one would care. Game was well umpired, Richmond played their usual style which is typically loose and undisciplined and they got the result.they deserved. Great win
Lol. The irony of Bulldogs and Collingwood supporters saying umpiring is irrelevant.

For some reason clubs, when they play Richmond, are suddenly, as if by magic, super disciplined. Because RicHMonD arE CHeaTs!!!

If Collingwood were umpired the way Richmond are, they'd be struggling to make the 8 atm.

That's what happens when you commit more infringements 🤷‍♂️

Nothing in the rule book states that a free kick count must always be level

If you want the count to be in your favor, then commit less infringements than the other team and play in a way that it causes the other team to inadvertantly cause an infringement in an attempt to stop you
Nothing p!sses me off more than someone who posts the same crap over and over and in such a patronising and smug manner and level of assuredness that eventually demands their ignorance is exposed.

So let me start with the one thing you are right about ... that nowhere in the rule book does it state that the free kick count must be level. I agree with you 100%. What is clearly lost on you however, was that in the first three and a bit quarters, we were awarded a grand total of 3 free kicks. This is despite the greasy conditions and laying in excess of seventy tackles as well as leading the contested ball count all night. That Fremantle received 18 free kicks for the night is hardly remarkable ... it's pretty much in line with the AFL average and I agree that the vast majority of those were warranted or at least a strong case could be made.

Like I said though, conceding 18 free kicks can hardly be considered undisciplined or an indictment on our style of play. Our main gripe however was that Freo weren't being penalised for similar infringements. Does anyone honestly believe that - for just this one very special night only, and as a remarkable outlier to the thousands and thousands of AFL games that have come before it, Fremantle produced the such a disciplined & almost flawless performance whereby they somehow didn't infringe in practically every spoil, tackle, contested possession or contest that involved a Richmond opponent?? That somehow in a game that saw over 200 contested possessions to that point, more than 100 tackles and eighty 1%'ers their technique, physical control & discipline was of such an unseen level that they infringed on a mere 3 occasions?? Wow.

And prey tell, just how exactly do you ''play in a way that causes the opposition to infringe in an effort to stop you'' that doesn't involve staging? I'm intrigued and would also love to hear your thoughts about what specifically was different in the way we played last night to the rest of the season (and pretty much the rest of AFL history for that matter) that resulted in us being awarded such an unprecedented low number of free kicks.

Clearly you cant , The room has been telling us the umps were sh!t

you are the outlier
your in the wrong room its empty there
The AFL umpiring is a league wide conspiracy to try prevent the tigers from winning. Every week. The trends mean nothing. Every week the tigers are robbed.

We may be arrogant but it's talking the walk. If Essendon ever learn to walk again we might take comments about 'abysmal skill level' and humility from a bunch of could shoulda woulda's somewhat seriously 😉
get a load of this superstar. You sit on the left side or the right side of the couch?

The AFL umpiring is a league wide conspiracy to try prevent the tigers from winning. Every week. The trends mean nothing. Every week the tigers are robbed.
As a Collingwood supporter, it's understndibly very important for you to believe that the umpiring is floor-less. I'd be interested in your opinion as to why every club magically plays their most disciplined football all year when they play Richmond, and just as magically, plays their most undisciplined football against Collingwood?

I expect your reply to be full of outrage and humourless insults as you desperately try to defend your fantastical, delusional reality.

As a Collingwood supporter, it's understndibly very important for you to believe that the umpiring is floor-less. I'd be interested in your opinion as to why every club magically plays their most disciplined football all year when they play Richmond, and just as magically, plays their most undisciplined football against Collingwood?

I expect your reply to be full of outrage and humourless insults as you desperately try to defend your fantastical, delusional reality.
I would take a guess and say Richmond supporters are a pack of sooks.

Even when they win they sook, threads that aren't about them they go into melting territory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Felt confident of a win but turned it off at half time.

Between the top level umpiring and the expert commentary I couldn't stomach watching any more.

A
Jesus you dudes still sprout this tripe?
Adammania taking blows whilst attempting to duck and weave. And the bell goes to end the round. Adammania well behind on points you'd have to think despite a spirited beginning to the encounter.

Don't take it too seriously brother. 😉

Lol. The irony of Bulldogs and Collingwood supporters saying umpiring is irrelevant.

For some reason clubs, when they play Richmond, are suddenly, as if by magic, super disciplined. Because RicHMonD arE CHeaTs!!!

If Collingwood were umpired the way Richmond are, they'd be struggling to make the 8 atm.
The irony is, I was actually complimentary of your club in my post.

You were getting smashed by the umpires and that's when you were most dominant (suggesting the umpiring wasn't a factor), once the umpiring became more even relative to how it was earlier, Fremantle came back (suggesting the umpiring wasn't a factor). If you really need me to make it more simple for you, I can.

The irony is, I was actually complimentary of your club in my post.

You were getting smashed by the umpires and that's when you were most dominant (suggesting the umpiring wasn't a factor), once the umpiring became more even relative to how it was earlier, Fremantle came back (suggesting the umpiring wasn't a factor). If you really need me to make it more simple for you, I can.
Yes I guess that free kick to Walters in front of goal, the goal to Richmond that was disallowed and the dozen odd holding the ball that weren't played had absolutely no impact on the game.
I stand corrected.

what was wrong with that? Broad was facing away from the ball and just barrelled him
Yeah, nah ... Notwithstanding that merely 'facing away from the ball' in itself does not constitute a free kick, you can hear the umpire clearly say ''Free kick .. Fremantle. Too high'' after blowing his whistle. What flabbergasted me most was that the contact - if you can call it that (I think 'barreling' may have been a bit of an exaggeration ...) made by Broad wasn't even remotely close to the head. It was inexplicable really ... you couldn't write it off as bad judgement. The only two plausible explanations are that either the umpire's vision is so impaired that he shouldn't be officiating until this is rectified or that he was clearly compromised.
MW.JPG

Yeah, nah ... Notwithstanding that merely 'facing away from the ball' in itself does not constitute a free kick, you can hear the umpire clearly say ''Free kick .. Fremantle. Too high'' after blowing his whistle. What flabbergasted me most was that the contact - if you can call it that (I think 'barreling' may have been a bit of an exaggeration ...) made by Broad wasn't even remotely close to the head. It was inexplicable really ... you couldn't write it off as bad judgement. The only two plausible explanations are that either the umpire's vision is so impaired that he shouldn't be officiating until this is rectified or that he was clearly compromised.
View attachment 1709664

hes not looking at the ball and made clear front on contact. I have no idea what the issue is here?

hes not looking at the ball and made clear front on contact. I have no idea what the issue is here?
So not looking at the ball and all contact constitutes a free kick now? Something like this, for example? I sincerely hope not because I can guarantee you I could find another fifty similar such examples from last night's game alone committed by both sides that would breach these guidelines. Thankfully, common sense usually prevails and only contact that is of a sufficient enough force (aside from contact deemed to be too high) to influence the play is adjudicated. SR.JPG

Floorless hahahahahah. Go back to school

Back