Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 14 - Tigers v Saints Sat June 17th 7:25pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 44.0%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Higgins kicking a goal against Richmond is clearly his own version of winning a premiership.

Again, couldn't get a clearer indication of where Higgins and the Saints are at.
Of all the players that have left this guy annoys me the most, lack of opportunity and not included in a premiership team, yet he was given ample opportunity to stake a claim for a spot (let alone supported through his medical issues).
Nah, he walked with an elevated view of where’s he’s at.
Good luck at the saints!!

Could not understand why Saints were favourites for this one.
I always thought the Saints weren't good as their ladder position suggest, they are playing above themselves like the start of the last year.
We had more talent on the field you could see it, but Ross Lyon has them playing very competitive & disciplined defensive structure.

Of all the players that have left this guy annoys me the most, lack of opportunity and not included in a premiership team, yet he was given ample opportunity to stake a claim for a spot (let alone supported through his medical issues).
Nah, he walked with an elevated view of where’s he’s at.
Good luck at the saints!!
but the way Higgins carries on - it simply screams that he is hurting way more than we are.

Once again, it's the small-minded mentality - yes, you liked the saints when you were a kid, yes your family still supports them...seriously, who gives a fork!! Grow up.

You are (were) playing for the best team in the land- back yourself to be the best!

"Look Kingy its not about the numbers and he is playing ok but...[checks stats] he isnt winning the coleman and hasnt been nominated for a rising star so has he really had a good season?"
Sums it up. Kane just moves goalposts whenever he is proven wrong.

I think of it more as affecting the margin.

The dozen extra frees the Saints got (or Richmond didn't get) probably made about a 2 goal difference, which let's face it, is a pretty significant influence.

In this case that only really changed the percentage, but had things gone a bit different and the saints had gotten up by a few points, then yeah, it would have determined who won the game.
Maybe umps pay soft frees to the team losing to keep the games close? Close games draw more TV viewers.

Do have to think in hindsight the best thing you ever did was get rid of him.
There are a number of better things I can think of. Like, for instance drafting Dusty and Cotchin, appointing Dimma as coach. But, yeah I'm happy we gave him the flick. Loved that goal he kicked and was amused by his special needs joke telling, but definitely got the feeling he was a bit of a whack job. Celebrating vulnerability is all good an well. But there are limits.

There are a number of better things I can think of. Like, for instance drafting Dusty and Cotchin, appointing Dimma as coach. But, yeah I'm happy we gave him the flick. Loved that goal he kicked and was amused by his special needs joke telling, but definitely got the feeling he was a bit of a whack job. Celebrating vulnerability is all good an well. But there are limits.

From the outside looking in, I got the impression he was absolutely full of himself (to be fair a lot of young players are like that), and seemed to think he was much more important to Richmond than he really was.

From the outside looking in, I got the impression he was absolutely full of himself (to be fair a lot of young players are like that), and seemed to think he was much more important to Richmond than he really was.
The way a usually placid and measured Grimes has targeted him every time since he left says a lot IMO.

Tim Tarranto is having the best season of his career. He has been enormous in Richmond's turning around the season.
Early on in the first few rounds he was getting a lot of the footy but not having an influence.

Over the last month or so he is not only getting a lot of the footy but is actually starting to do damage with it now.

It may have been due to him still gelling with the his new team mates. Instinctively knowing where they are likely to be and what they can do.

All of Ted Whitten's girlfriends, reading your post

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN
I agree - Pathetic Immoral Behaviour too. Thats not what im saying.. Both are w***ers off the field.. And society has to call it out and stop worhipping them as heroes just becuase they are good at sport..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree - Pathetic Immoral Behaviour too. Thats not what im saying.. Both are w***ers off the field.. And society has to call it out and stop worhipping them as heroes just becuase they are good at sport..
Kudos to being consistent, I'll give you that.

However, marriages break down across society every day. If the first stone were to be cast at any AFL game a fair number of supporters would be heading for the gates.

The way a usually placid and measured Grimes has targeted him every time since he left says a lot IMO.

Particularly when you compare how he interacts with another small forward in Charlie Cameron. They've had incredibly fierce contests - in finals too - yet there seems to be nothing but a ton of mutual respect between them. Quite the contrast.

Watching the replay the amount of 50/50 calls that went saints way and not ours was ludicrous. I’d say stkilda scored about 4-5 goals directly from incorrect calls.
Glad the maggots didn’t effect the result, however I’d love the club to send the afl a please explain.

Kudos to being consistent, I'll give you that.

However, marriages break down across society every day. If the first stone were to be cast at any AFL game a fair number of supporters would be heading for the gates.
What gets me is these blokes get cushy media gigs and jobs when in reality they should be shamed for what they have done and banished. ( Wayne Carey, Gary Lyon etc )

Its sadly our society thats the issue where they turn a blind eye to it and dont call it out.. ( All is forgiven and forgotten ) They instad think these people are heroes just because they excel in a sport but in reality they are nothing of the sort.

What gets me is these blokes get cushy media gigs and jobs when in reality they should be shamed for what they have done and banished. ( Wayne Carey, Gary Lyon etc )

Its sadly our society thats the issue where they turn a blind eye to it and dont call it out.. ( All is forgiven and forgotten ) They instad think these people are heroes just because they excel in a sport but in reality they are nothing of the sort.
Is this coming from a religious standpoint, or have you been burnt yourself?

Back