Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 15 - Freo v Bombers Sat June 24th 7:25pm AEST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle-vs-Essendon.png

13th v 6th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 15

FREMANTLE V ESSENDON
SATURDAY JUNE 24TH 7:25PM AEST/5:25PM WST (OPTUS STADIUM)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

DOCKERS

B: B. Cox , A. Pearce - C , H. Young
HB: B. Walker , L. Ryan , J. Clark
C: L. Henry , C. Serong , M. Frederick
HF: J. Treacy , L. Jackson , M. Walters
F: S. Switkowski , J. Amiss , L. Schultz
FOLL: S. Darcy , A. Brayshaw , N. Fyfe

I/C: N. Erasmus , M. Johnson , J. O’Meara , E. Hughes
EMG: S. Sturt , J. Corbett , N. O’Driscoll , K. Worner

In: M. Frederick , S. Darcy
Out: N. O’Driscoll (Omitted), B. Banfield(Omitted), S. Sturt (Omitted)

BOMBERS

B: A. McGrath , B. Zerk-Thatcher , J. Laverde
HB: M. Redman , J. Ridley , K. Langford
C: N. Martin , Z. Merrett - C , D. Heppell
HF: S. Durham , S. Weideman , W. Snelling
F: M. Guelfi , P. Wright , J. Stringer
FOLL: A. Phillips , D. Parish , J. Caldwell

I/C: B. Hobbs , A. Perkins , J. Kelly , J. Menzie
EMG: N. Cox , N. Hind , N. Bryan , M. D’Ambrosio

In: D. Parish , J. Kelly
Out: M. D’Ambrosio (Sub), S. Draper(Injured), N. Hind (Omitted)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:

No idea what's suddenly gone wrong with Freo but they'll want to fix it quick smart... I'll tip them with zero confidence.
Well theres a few minor or moderate things where freo went wrong.

Only winning 2 games in the 1st 7 games didnt help.

Our trade and draft period, did play a bit...

Trading out Lobb, well we can deabte about that one. We could of kept him for one more season. But we wouldnt of got luke Jackson.

Griffin Logue and Darcy Tucker going to North. I wished we gave Logue an extension late in 2021. that means he would of stayed until 2024, he would of been a free agent. I like Darcy Tucker. Solid but it wouldnt of bothered me either way if he was or was not on freos list in 2023. Probably would of played 8-12 games for freo this season, would of been his 8th season too, free agent .

Short term sucks for now.

Long Term.... Freo are probably gonna finish between 9th to 13th. But This Freo squad should contend for finals for the next 3-5 seasons.

Lloyd Meek trade for Jaeger O meara. Interesting trade at the time. But Me personally, I would of Kept Meek for one more season as a back up ruck. He would of played 6-10 games this year too.

Well theres a few minor or moderate things where freo went wrong.

Only winning 2 games in the 1st 7 games didnt help.

Our trade and draft period, did play a bit...

Trading out Lobb, well we can deabte about that one. We could of kept him for one more season. But we wouldnt of got luke Jackson.

Griffin Logue and Darcy Tucker going to North. I wished we gave Logue an extension late in 2021. that means he would of stayed until 2024, he would of been a free agent. I like Darcy Tucker. Solid but it wouldnt of bothered me either way if he was or was not on freos list in 2023. Probably would of played 8-12 games for freo this season, would of been his 8th season too, free agent .

Short term sucks for now.

Long Term.... Freo are probably gonna finish between 9th to 13th. But This Freo squad should contend for finals for the next 3-5 seasons.

Lloyd Meek trade for Jaeger O meara. Interesting trade at the time. But Me personally, I would have Kept Meek for one more season as a back up ruck. He would have played 6-10 games this year too.
I agree with all of the above but I meant more what has gone wrong with them in a shorter term sense in the last couple of games. They were starting to look decidedly better in the preceding weeks but all of a sudden against Richmond and the Giants they lost the plot again.

I agree with all of the above but I meant more what has gone wrong with them in a shorter term sense in the last couple of games. They were starting to look decidedly better in the preceding weeks but all of a sudden against Richmond and the Giants they lost the plot again.
Well I see....

Last 2 games have been bad... Lost the plot vs GWS away they kicked 4 goals to zero in the 1st quarter.. Week before we lost to the tigers at home in a close game. Tigers experienced players got them over the line.

tigers game was interesting as freos biggest deficit at 3 quarter time to win was only 18 points. Strange stat. Because I remember back in 2005 vs the crows, we were 7 or 8 goals down but lost by only 6 points.

Dockers were 40 points down midway through the 2nd quarter in that elim final vs the dogs. Half time it was only a 4 goal lead, 3 quater time it was only a 5 point lead to the dogs. THen freo won the game.

Before that was the bye.

Before the Bye we beat....

Hawks at home, Demons in MCG, Cats at home, Swans at SCG.

Glad we beat all 4 of them. Was it a case of freo doing enough to win or All 4 of those sides that lost to freo were in Bad form? Its a bit of Both to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy is an inside monster. He will free up Jackson to roam around and get his 20 touches.
Completely alters their midfield dynamic when the big fella is back in the guts.

Oh... I see what happened here. My bad. :)

1687438306186.png

But you are right. Sean Darcy plays, it's gonna be tricky. Worse that Bombers will be without Draper.

Could be rain around. If it's wet - Essendon win, if it's dry, i'll still tip Essendon, but Freo at least have a chance.
I've never understood why so many Dockers fans tip the opposition to win

Is it so a win feels finals like?

FYI the Dockers are favorites to win

I've never understood why so many Dockers fans tip the opposition to win

Is it so a win feels finals like?

FYI the Dockers are favorites to win
I tip who i think is going to win - Essendon's form line is much better at present than Freo's. pretty simple really or can you not understand that?

i'm not sure what your point is that you're trying to make? I dont just tip freo every week because i support them

Does this mean you tip the eagles every week this year becuase you follow them?

I tip who i think is going to win - Essendon's form line is much better at present than Freo's. pretty simple really or can you not understand that?

i'm not sure what your point is that you're trying to make? I dont just tip freo every week because i support them

Does this mean you tip the eagles every week this year becuase you follow them?
Straight over your head

Freo are the favorites and have their #1 ruck back

Straight over your head

Freo are the favorites and have their #1 ruck back
Nothing's ove my head - you asked a question and i answered, pretty simple. I dont look at betting odds, and if i did id question them in this instance. Freo have been very poor the last 2 weeks and Essendon have been much better. I'm not changing my tip because Sean Darcy is back in.

You're just trying to make a cheeky remark about freo supporters tipping against ourselves. Lets just say you're not as smart as you think you are. you're trying to be sneaky unfortunately you're not that clever.

I guess with all your premiership heroes returning you'll be tipping your budgies against the depleted swans.

Nothing's ove my head - you asked a question and i answered, pretty simple. I dont look at betting odds, and if i did id question them in this instance. Freo have been very poor the last 2 weeks and Essendon have been much better. I'm not changing my tip because Sean Darcy is back in.

You're just trying to make a cheeky remark about freo supporters tipping against ourselves. Lets just say you're not as smart as you think you are. you're trying to be sneaky unfortunately you're not that clever.

I guess with all your premiership heroes returning you'll be tipping your budgies against the depleted swans.
Thanks for confirming standard dockers back the opposition strat.

Not the thread for it but to answer your question. No i won't be backing the Eagles. We still have 18 players unavailable.

Back