Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 (23/04/24 PATCH: Sliders are here)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BigAntStudios Please do something about the game breaking glitch where the commentary stops, followed by at the end of the quarter, the camera panning to the forward pocket and the only way to get out of the game is to force quit. Happened in my first game for the night (Play Now).

You have to handball as soon as the tackle happens or mash handball and it might be released. Like in a real game, if a hard tackle is laid, there is no guarantee that you'll release, but just try using faster reflexes on the button mashies.
That’s what I’m doing won’t let me release the ball

Old thread big, many posts. New thread, not so big. Less posts.

Link to old thread if any masochist wants to read through it or find stuff.

STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Does anybody else not receive a single free kick?
Anytime I perform a tackle that should be either holding the ball or incorrect disposal, the opposition just get back up and play on with the footy.View attachment 1691199

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Until last nights patch I was able to tackle and get "incorrect disposal" free kicks (this only started a few nights prior as well).
Last nights patch and I once again can't tackle the AI, I've had to resort to the launch week trick of letting the AI control my teammate and complete the tackle motion.

I put in another ticket for this small one.
I have noticed that sometimes the players pause during the kicking animation. Bit of a shame as the kicking is definitely a strong point of the game.

Attachments

• 20230519_181838.mp4
    7.7 MB

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still feel like we really need to see the team line-up’s once they’ve run through the banners. I know we don’t have tactics yet either but for when we do, being allowed to see the other teams line-up would assist with the game-plan nicely 🤞🏽

I'm yet to even come across an injury, they exist?
I had Mitch Lewis unable to play after a game and had a big red mark next to his name - missed like 6 weeks. There’s no info on why though

When is the sub going to work ? Has anyone seen injury during the game ?
Yeah sub is still busted for me too - I usually don’t make my first changes until early in the 2nd quarter so I’ll just replace whoever hasn’t had a touch yet on that first team change or miss out for the whole game

It's infuriating fighting the good AI vs the bad AI when it's glitching out. People will laugh but I always think yep now's the time to stop playing, but I always reset and launch back in when the nightly patch releases :p

** EDIT TO ADD **

Sounding like a broken record, the core game play is fun (kicks, marks, handballs, goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllls both set shot and on the run). The niggling issues just detract from the overall experience. I'm not a Big Ant nor a Wicked Witch fanboy - I just want the best experience possible (and for an Aussie developer it's not going to scale the same heights of NBA 2K or Fifa - because the budgets are not the same).

*EDIT TO REPLY TO A PREVIOUS COMMENT I MADE IN THE PREVIOUS THREAD *

"A month away is a little optimistic, granted there have been a lot of developments over the last 2 weeks and the game is much improved. But any future patch could derail the progress (as seen with the handball last night). I don't want it to happen, but I think cautious optimism is required."

I made this post with no negative intentions, yet it copped a dislike from a certain someone!! I was replying to the poster who basically said it'll be great within a month. I was trying to imply to be cautiously optimistic with that ambition, yes in all likelyhood the game will be much more improved by then (as we have seen the game get REALLY REALLY REALLY good over the last 2 weeks). But in saying that with a lot of the improvements we've had, we've also had a few setbacks (which I'm sure have driven the developers nuts trying to figure out why x is doing z instead of x doing y). All we can do is remain hopeful that the game will truly shine soon.

Last edited:
This game has a long way to go, it feels worse now

Yep, hadn't played for a week and had high hopes but it's a buggy mess still. Movement issue is back, handballs still going 60m, lots of other minor bugs that have been mentioned here a lot.

I played a half on hard and I will say that marking and spoiling felt really good to me. But between all the bugs and the still frustrating AI not fun for me to play currently. Hopefully fixed with tactics but we've been saying that for a while.

It's infuriating fighting the good AI vs the bad AI when it's glitching out. People will laugh but I always think yep now's the time to stop playing, but I always reset and launch back in when the nightly patch releases :p

We’re all insane - double insane being a hawks supporter

BigAntStudios Hey did you ask DEV team could they add a save point at the end of each Quaters while where still getting game crashers doing great job with all the updates game come along way
This would be amazing if so - means we could play on long quarters and those of us that are time poor can come back to it whenever + we don’t waste 30-40 minutes for it to crash with 20 seconds left

The Management Mode patch to fix three quarter time crashes needs to happen soon, I'm getting tired of beating on St Kilda relentlessly without any reward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back