Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 (23/04/24 PATCH: Sliders are here)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey lads,

Can you edit sock heights yet?

I have only seen Danger, Touk and Buddy with the high/mid socks

Can somebody help me out with the new meter for kicking goals on the run? I have no idea how to do it and seem to spray all if not most of my shots.

Cheers y'all.

Had a few games this morning. My thoughts:
  • new on-the-run goal meterā€¦ very good for the visual feedbackā€¦ also fills according to footedness (left footer it fills left to right, matching the swing a left footer would have, and vice versa). Only gripe is when players kick on their opposite, it still does their preferred foot fill direction.
  • players sometimes wonā€™t sprint when I need them to. The game seems to predetermine who will get to the ball first, and it stops you from sprinting there.
  • canā€™t tackle in the centre bounce contests against AI. Theyā€™re too quick.
  • set shots are hard. Iā€™m still getting used to it. Players like King and Membrey have a huge and unpredictable arc, while Windhager is almost always dead straight.
  • set shot goal meter hangs around, makes the radar disappear at times too.
  • hit the post may result in play on. Saw this in Michaels stream last night too, and had it once in my games.

So a few kinks to iron out, but another push in the right direction.
These will be fixed in tonight's patch.

• players sometimes wonā€™t sprint when I need them to. The game seems to predetermine who will get to the ball first, and it stops you from sprinting there
I got the kick off way before the animation says I did and still got tackled :(

This sort of thing is what has ruined a lot of sports games in the past. The game has already decided whether you're going to win or lose the contest, you're just watching it play out.

These will be fixed in tonight's patch.

Has the default direction of the meter switched?
Pre the goal kicking patch last week it was as followed:
Right Footed: Meter goes Left to Right
Left Footed: Meter goes Right to Left

Post patch it is now the opposite direction. I felt it was more natural direction pre patch. Not a big deal but I haven't seen anyone mention it.

Has the default direction of the meter switched?
Pre the goal kicking patch last week it was as followed:
Right Footed: Meter goes Left to Right
Left Footed: Meter goes Right to Left

Post patch it is now the opposite direction. I felt it was more natural direction pre patch. Not a big deal but I haven't seen anyone mention it.
Yeah this changed a few patches back, and was mentioned to be by design.

I kinda felt the same way when it changed... But I think the swing arc is what they're going for.... i.e a right footer (with the meter going right to left), putting on more power could increase the kick arc (i.e more swing left).
So I'm now sorta torn as to which one feels more correct. :)

set shots seem all over the joint. whens tactics coming because its getting a tad boring when you can swing the gameplay around to change the way your team playing be nice to have tatics if you want to play more defensively or attack harder spare behind the ball ect.

I knew I had to pull off one of these with the new on-the-run goal kicking meter! Obviously went out of my way to do it! Haha.

AFL 23 - Dribble Goal From the boundary (PS5 Patch 22)

I'm such a nanga with the controls. Keep forgetting there's all these other modifiers to use in general play. The only one I ever remembered was the banana but that would always spray, does the new goal kicking meter make that modifier (banana) work better than before?

I'm such a nanga with the controls. Keep forgetting there's all these other modifiers to use in general play. The only one I ever remembered was the banana but that would always spray, does the new goal kicking meter make that modifier (banana) work better than before?
Yep, absolutely.
Snaps/Bananas now work Brilliantly with the new on-the-run goal meter.

Big Ant did that with a cricket game, big bash, itā€™s pretty good! Probably had some international sales too.
Never played it. I did win a steam key for their Tabletop Cricket game somehow though (basically a digital Test Match board game). That game was deceptively fun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I knew I had to pull off one of these with the new on-the-run goal kicking meter! Obviously went out of my way to do it! Haha.

AFL 23 - Dribble Goal From the boundary (PS5 Patch 22)

I need to work on my timing (and space regarding distance away from the AI as well) I've only scored a handful of those types of goals.

I got the kick off way before the animation says I did and still got tackled :(

I agree...some times I am pressing the kick button and nothing happens...by the time I try again Im caught! The kick takes too long to load up. Ticket lodged.

Last edited:
Anyone else can't continue season mode on PS5? Every fixture has reverted to Adelaide Hills now, and I can't even enter a match without the game crashing

Anyone else can't continue season mode on PS5? Every fixture has reverted to Adelaide Hills now, and I can't even enter a match without the game crashing
Get in touch with support.bigant.com - they don't read posts here (and need way more info to help fix).

I can barely make out what the "on the run" marker looks like, I assume that the size of the marker(s) is relative to your camera angle and how far back the players are on the screen ? mine look like ants at the best of times :p

Yeah Iā€™m the same I can barely make it out, would be nice if it scaled differently depending on camera

One suggestion that I think would be good for management mode would be to have the option to have simulation quarter length and also game quarter length, so when you play the games on 10 minutes quarters, you can have simulated quarter length set to 3.5 minutes, then the end of game stats would be similar for user player vs simmed. Currently you have to play the quarter length set, and in game you might have a player have top disposals and have 12 whereas the simmed games for the rest of the league will be 20-30 disposals.

I can barely make out what the "on the run" marker looks like, I assume that the size of the marker(s) is relative to your camera angle and how far back the players are on the screen ? mine look like ants at the best of times :p

Yeah Iā€™m the same I can barely make it out, would be nice if it scaled differently depending on camera
Yeah, what camera angle are you both using?
Mine shows up fine with Side-Dynamic: Height 90, FoV: 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back