Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 (23/04/24 PATCH: Sliders are here)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree clearance kicks are probably the most OP of all, I'm almost happy when it backfires. After I've won a flag or two I can definitely see myself following suit and not using any kick-to-win strategies. Hopefully the sliders allow you to nerf the disposal.

I've found clearance kicks to be fine, can go anywhere so seems well balanced. It's being able to stream forward and fully power a normal kick that's OP.

Goal kicking is good currently for AI. I've played quite a few games, you might have copped a bad one.

Agree re hb intercepts but annoys me the chip handball is a 3 button combo. Has far more use than the simpler dribble

Agree but I have had a fair few forward entries get cut off with an L1 pass. The problem is it only happens when you rush it, when you take your time the difficulty barrier evaporates.

I commend BA for not using any sneaky tricks, or at least hiding them very well, but this could be a bit of a challenge. You don't want the AI running faster than you can, and you don't want to slow the game down. I think you're right, BA need to make the disposal itself harder.

hLWrAhf.png

Pretty much got this scoreline using LB/L1 + kick almost exclusively (well up to setting up for the set shot at goal). There were a few handpass plays sprinkled throughout that led to goals on the run as well.

Also love the synergy (4 goals, 5 goals, 6 goals, 7 goals) increasing goals scored in each quarter. Although I nearly could have scored more goals in the second half - the AI lifted a bit and I nearly had goals scored against me (if not for the lucky marks on the last line of defence yet again).

hLWrAhf.png

Pretty much got this scoreline using LB/L1 + kick almost exclusively (well up to setting up for the set shot at goal). There were a few handpass plays sprinkled throughout that led to goals on the run as well.

Also love the synergy (4 goals, 5 goals, 6 goals, 7 goals) increasing goals scored in each quarter. Although I nearly could have scored more goals in the second half - the AI lifted a bit and I nearly had goals scored against me (if not for the lucky marks on the last line of defence yet again).

That's crazy.

Why not create a custom comp and win an AFL flag with the Box Hill Hawks?

That's crazy.

Why not create a custom comp and win an AFL flag with the Box Hill Hawks?

I'm going to take North Melbourne all the way (like I did last year) :p

EDIT

Played a "slower" game, went against my instincts (attack the ball at all costs, use sprint constantly etc etc). End result was still controlling most of the play - the game just ended up being slightly lower scoring. First quarter was a bit of a fizzer, kept the opposition goalless. I kicked the first goal almost instantly, but the next three didn't come until nearly the end of the quarter. Almost got a fourth (got it to the forward 50 as the siren went).

Then the AI went into super beast mode during the 2nd and 3rd quarters. While they didn't "outscore" me, they had the run of the play for most of the time..... they just couldn't convert when they had their chances. Scores were briefly close, but the 4th quarter the AI went stupid and I managed to pile on a few goals..... ended up winning by 49 points.

Enjoy some Hawthorn in game gameplay replicating the 2024 game plan :p

Last edited:
I'm going to take North Melbourne all the way (like I did last year) :p

EDIT

Played a "slower" game, went against my instincts (attack the ball at all costs, use sprint constantly etc etc). End result was still controlling most of the play - the game just ended up being slightly lower scoring. First quarter was a bit of a fizzer, kept the opposition goalless. I kicked the first goal almost instantly, but the next three didn't come until nearly the end of the quarter. Almost got a fourth (got it to the forward 50 as the siren went).

Then the AI went into super beast mode during the 2nd and 3rd quarters. While they didn't "outscore" me, they had the run of the play for most of the time..... they just couldn't convert when they had their chances. Scores were briefly close, but the 4th quarter the AI went stupid and I managed to pile on a few goals..... ended up winning by 49 points.

Enjoy some Hawthorn in game gameplay replicating the 2024 game plan :p

North are rubbish true but they have decent ruck and a good full forward...plus any nuffy can punch in defence. You're going to need a custom comp for a proper challenge.

Lol love the footage. We might see that from both sides tomorrow, they should have called it the Depression Cup.

Anyone keen for the patch tonight/tomorrow?? What you hoping we get out of it :)
Fingers crossed we actually get the patch. Don’t have a good feeling it’s going to be the big one that completes the game but can at least hope. Should drop in the next hour or so if its coming

Fingers crossed we actually get the patch. Don’t have a good feeling it’s going to be the big one that completes the game but can at least hope. Should drop in the next hour or so if its coming
It would be great if we get a patch of some sort at least, wouldn't expect it to finish the game but least something....

Also what makes you say SHOULD drop in the next hour or so? Wasn't last patch out by the time ? :)

It would be great if we get a patch of some sort at least, wouldn't expect it to finish the game but least something....

Also what makes you say SHOULD drop in the next hour or so? Wasn't last patch out by the time ? :)

It's "scheduled" at 1:15pm AEST (on Steam anyway) - 2gb!

Seems like patch notes are out already .. not sure how to feel about it.. thoughts?? 👀
Sliders in is a plus. No changes to management mode for longevity is a bit of a whack

Seems like patch notes are out already .. not sure how to feel about it.. thoughts?? 👀

ITS GONE LIVE ALSO! Just got it on PS5 = 1.7GB

So we can conclude Training mode, along with single player mode just never existed and they’ve taken us for a ride since day 1 🤣 I swear this mob never fails to deliver on failing to deliver.

View attachment 1967899

Sliders is the potential big one, depending how much impact they have
I do at least hold positivity towards the reference to “future updates”. Fingers crossed the changes in this get the actual gameplay up and then the rest comes soon 😭

Sliders is the potential big one, depending how much impact they have
I'm already seeing massive differences you can make.
Slowing down the AI sprint speed, making it super easy to mark, and have the AI less aware... you can make super-easy games.
Likewise, giving them a boost in accuracy, marking, awareness... while making everything but Perfectly timed set shots for yourself spray....it can be super-hard.

I do at least hold positivity towards the reference to “future updates”. Fingers crossed the changes in this get the actual gameplay up and then the rest comes soon 😭
I hold out hope also ... but the 'future uodates' has me confused as they only have 'pro team' then AFLW update from memory :( unless more we don't know about....

I'm already seeing massive differences you can make.
Slowing down the AI sprint speed, making it super easy to mark, and have the AI less aware... you can make super-easy games.
Likewise, giving them a boost in accuracy, marking, awareness... while making everything but Perfectly timed set shots for yourself spray....it can be super-hard.
So I wonder how many of the 400+ point wins will start to vanish coz game is too 'easy' 😳

I started with a base of hardest and then;
  • Made user marking harder
  • Made AI and user goal kicking harder
  • Made user hitouts harder
  • Turned down tackle distance
  • Turned up the chance of infringements in tackles
  • Added distance to 'run too far' - in real AFL you get more than 15m
  • Added a fair bit to handball distance
  • Would have been a few other tweaks but not sure what they were.

After 1 quarter vs Carlton, I've got smashed 8-1 hitouts and 10-2 contested marks and 5-1 in spoils. So will be making marks easier again but probably moreso making spoiling easier, less marks overall. Winning on scoreboard by 1 goal.

AI decision making is definitely tweaked, not sure yet whether it's better. The out on the full pass seems less prevalent. The user power metre for kicks is still ignored sometimes and overwritten. Eg you want to hit a short target but not with a spearing kick, you power up 20% but because the player is running away from you it kicks 20m in front of them and defenders get there to spoil.

Player likenesses are much better, have noticed a few already.

I started with a base of hardest and then;
  • Made user marking harder
  • Made AI and user goal kicking harder
  • Made user hitouts harder
  • Turned down tackle distance
  • Turned up the chance of infringements in tackles
  • Added distance to 'run too far' - in real AFL you get more than 15m
  • Added a fair bit to handball distance
  • Would have been a few other tweaks but not sure what they were.

After 1 quarter vs Carlton, I've got smashed 8-1 hitouts and 10-2 contested marks and 5-1 in spoils. So will be making marks easier again but probably moreso making spoiling easier, less marks overall. Winning on scoreboard by 1 goal.

AI decision making is definitely tweaked, not sure yet whether it's better. The out on the full pass seems less prevalent. The user power metre for kicks is still ignored sometimes and overwritten. Eg you want to hit a short target but not with a spearing kick, you power up 20% but because the player is running away from you it kicks 20m in front of them and defenders get there to spoil.

Player likenesses are much better, have noticed a few already.
Ratings updated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back