Footy Dept. AFL Program Dan McPherson & associates: 2024 soft cap changes

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Talent & Operations Manager - Matt Rosa
National Recruiting Manager - Rob Forster-Knight
Scouting team - Rohan O’Brien

Coaching Innovation & Strategy Manager – David Rath
Head of Psychology and Wellbeing – Dr Ben Robbins

Performance Coach – Jona Segal (part-time, Strength & Conditioning Coach & Overseeing Dietician Services)

Last edited:

go away gtfo GIF

When Kevin Rudd was elected there was some commentary that Labour had chosen someone who looked like a younger version of Howard, to get conservative voters who don't pay attention to cross over. I think it was mainly the glasses. I thought it was a dumb argument.

Now I look at Rosa and I look at Dodoro, and the fact that I recall that commentary sits at the back of my mind. It's still dumb, but there it is.

I just hope Rosa is already strategising for a Naughton / King / JUH trade. Get it done Matt.

When Kevin Rudd was elected there was some commentary that Labour had chosen someone who looked like a younger version of Howard, to get conservative voters who don't pay attention to cross over. I think it was mainly the glasses. I thought it was a dumb argument.

Now I look at Rosa and I look at Dodoro, and the fact that I recall that commentary sits at the back of my mind. It's still dumb, but there it is.

I just hope Rosa is already strategising for a Naughton / King / JUH trade. Get it done Matt.
I've never actually heard that before and yes it does sound dumb.

I've never actually heard that before and yes it does sound dumb.
It might have been said on Insiders. Maybe the cartoon guy at the end, which would explain it.

The image of old coterie members constructed in my mind is one of loud influential talkers who don't really follow the details, but could plausibly accept that Rosa is Dodoro, because Italian, because dumb people do dumb things.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't known what to think about this.

I caught up with a friend today who asked why Rosa was appointed. Asked how he was the best fit to take over as list boss.

I don't rate the industry generally, they're largely a bunch of half wits, so I'm far from offended by the idea that we've looked outside the industry.

What makes Rosa special? Has he demonstrated an understanding of CD statistical categories? Does he have a clear vision for how the list should look?

Why shouldn't this be public?

Last edited:
I haven't know what to think about this.

I caught up with a friend today who asked why Rosa had been appointed. Asked how he was the best fit to take over as list boss.

I don't rate the industry generally, they're largely a bunch of half wits, so I'm far from offended by the idea that we've looked outside the industry.

What makes Rosa special? Has he demonstrated an understanding of CD statistical categories?
We have not looked outside the industry.
If all of us who have worked in the industry are half wits then how is it you have not used your magnificent level of competence to progress through the ranks ?

Last edited:

I caught up with a friend today who asked why Rosa was appointed. Asked how he was the best fit to take over as list boss.

What makes Rosa special? Has he demonstrated an understanding of CD statistical categories? Does he have a clear vision for how the list should look?

His experience is with Peel, apparently done really good in the WAFL. The principles are the same for talent ID and list building at an AFL club.

At the same time I don’t think he’s as expensive as the guys with lots of AFL experience who wouldn’t take anything less than a GM-level role and come in swinging their dicks around and getting everyone off-side.

And I imagine the CEO vouched for him from their time together at West Coast.

I haven't know?

Outside the industry?

Are you drunk or am I?

I haven't known what to think about this.

Like all of us here I'm hoping you can succeed Rosa whenever that may be.

Quick look at his LinkedIn says he was the head of coaching for the Hawks for 15 years, briefly worked at the AFL, then 4 years at St Kilda and the past 6 months at Rugby Australia

Remove this Banner Ad

Back