Footy Dept. AFL Program Dan McPherson & associates: 2024 soft cap changes

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Talent & Operations Manager - Matt Rosa
National Recruiting Manager - Rob Forster-Knight
Scouting team - Rohan O’Brien

Coaching Innovation & Strategy Manager – David Rath
Head of Psychology and Wellbeing – Dr Ben Robbins

Performance Coach – Jona Segal (part-time, Strength & Conditioning Coach & Overseeing Dietician Services)

Last edited:
Of course the cheeky bugger handpicked his Italian replacement on the way out.
Classic move to satiate the sacked, sorry retiring, incumbent.

It's kind of cute that Dodoro thinks his opinion would be valued.

There's a reason you've finally been given the sack, bud.

Who's this Matt Rosa fella? Is it the former WC & GC player? Has he been a list manager before? Been involved in recruitment at AFL level before? 🤷‍♂️

Hope he goes well, but not sure what to expect tbh.
yeah he played for wc/gc, as mentioned elsewhere he's done wonders for the peel thunder club culture etc

Okay, so maybe not going to be too heavily influenced by Dodoro.

For me, this is the best thing he said;

"it is clear there is a strong commitment to do the hard work required to set up a period of sustained success. I’m looking forward to being part of that journey..."

He knows there's a shitload of work to do to fix this list.

You finally shot Bambi. Bravo. 👏

Essendon hunt small animals for sport while Hawthorn suppress an entire indigenous population.

Together we’d have the South African market cornered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the new role is Talent and operations manager . Looks like just a rebranding but they are going in the same direction they where with RFK having full control of the National recruiting team and reporting to Rosa but Rosa will not be the one out in the field at every under 18 game and sourcing all the talent on the recruiting board. We have clearly gone away from the standard list manager that has been the norm . I think it is smart. Use your recruiting staff to recruit . Rosa can get to see enough of the top end talent RFK is looking at and have an opinion on anything he does see but not have to be looking at 100 odd players . He can then have more time to work with Scott on being on top of the AFL players and player managers and other clubs. He can spend more time looking at other AFL clubs and the VFL . He will also be slightly removed from the drafted players so their will not be as much sentiment or attachment to them when they are looking at list changes.

So the new role is Talent and operations manager . Looks like just a rebranding but they are going in the same direction they where with RFK having full control of the National recruiting team and reporting to Rosa but Rosa will not be the one out in the field at every under 18 game and sourcing all the talent on the recruiting board. We have clearly gone away from the standard list manager that has been the norm . I think it is smart. Use your recruiting staff to recruit . Rosa can get to see enough of the top end talent RFK is looking at and have an opinion on anything he does see but not have to be looking at 100 odd players . He can then have more time to work with Scott on being on top of the AFL players and player managers and other clubs. He can spend more time looking at other AFL clubs and the VFL . He will also be slightly removed from the drafted players so their will not be as much sentiment or attachment to them when they are looking at list changes.

The other thing will be that RFK (I believe) learned the trade under Dodoro and would know what kind of player traits he looked for, whereas Rosa has been in a completely different environment and likely will have very different views on players that recruiting team put in front of him and may well prioritise very different traits.

The other thing will be that RFK (I believe) learned the trade under Dodoro and would know what kind of player traits he looked for, whereas Rosa has been in a completely different environment and likely will have very different views on players that recruiting team put in front of him and may well prioritise very different traits.
You can add the Scott and McPherson into this as well. McPherson / Rosa / RFK will be the ones that meet the most with Scott having an input as far as what he feels will be needed as a guideline and Vozzo also being well on top of what is going on. I do not know if they will get it right or just Essington it again but it is a clear effort to change up what had gone on for too long.

Is there anything to suggest RFK has any idea what he's doing? How long has he been in the lead role of scouting/recruiting and what guns have we drafted in that time?

'Lovely' and 'Ballarat' don't belong in the same sentence.
HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY There's no need for that. Lake Wendouree is a ripper
8d5ce7f476185a22832c1b8508715df8

Is there anything to suggest RFK has any idea what he's doing? How long has he been in the lead role of scouting/recruiting and what guns have we drafted in that time?
I perhaps wonder there if an improved draft strategy helps/makes a difference. Where he can focus on certain types of players over who may be the best but not most suited. Something we've been missing Vosso has some linst management experience Rosa coming in now too

Dodoro is now chief of merchandise and will be sporting a new era of popped collars called the hydra. Chop off the collar and two more appear.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk
25 year tenure means 25% off at the bombershop?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back