F Callum Moore, Jack Riewoldt, Josh Caddy
FOL Toby Nankervis, Dion Prestia, Dustin Martin
I/C Jack Higgins, Jason Castagna, Jack Graham, Corey Ellis
EMG Connor Menadue, Kamdyn McIntosh, Shai Bolton, Ryan Garthwaite
NO CHANGE
IN
Callum Moore, Corey Ellis
OUT
Reece Conca (Injured), Nick Vlastuin (Suspension)

ADELAIDE CROWS
B Kyle Hartigan, Daniel Talia, Tom Doedee
HB Luke Brown, Jake Kelly, Rory Laird
C Wayne Milera, Rory Sloane, Paul Seedsman
HF Myles Poholke, Taylor Walker, Hugh Greenwood
F Darcy Fogarty, Josh Jenkins, Jordan Gallucci
FOL Sam Jacobs, Matt Crouch, Bryce Gibbs
I/C Curtly Hampton, Kyle Cheney, Richard Douglas, Tom Lynch
EMG Rory Atkins, Patrick Wilson, Ben Davis, Lachlan Murphy
NO CHANGE
IN
Tom Lynch
OUT
David Mackay (Injured)

Squiggle Predicts:
Richmond by 36 points.

It's on the line for the Crows tonight. Ordinarily I'd think being competitive against the Tigers at home would be enough. They are at the point where they need the 4 points though. They'll be two games of finals pace if they lose.

I'll tip the Crows because they need to win, and take the leap of faith they'll improve again on last week. Lynch is good and Sloane should be better with a bit of game time. Mostly it's the fight they showed against the Eagles though.

Mini final for Adelaide and they will bring the intensity.
Up to us to better it.
No easy games at all and will be very pleased to get the points.

Richmond over 15.5 is surely free money
I’m not sure it’ll be so easy. The crows tore us up last time, seemed to me like they spent all summer trying figure us out and nothing else. Plus with no Houli or Vlastuin we’ll be stretched for penetration off HB.
Winning clearances will be vital to us since we’ve relied upon that penetration all year. And we haven’t been great at that either.

Tigers 40+, play the MCG better than any team and Adelaide’s under done players won’t be able to hang with the pressure

Mini final for Adelaide and they will bring the intensity.
Up to us to better it.
No easy games at all and will be very pleased to get the points.
Are you sure you are a Richmond supporter?
Your post was not only fair minded but also lacked the big headed "we are the best in the world crap", that we are used to.
I think you guys will get the job done but I feel it will be a close tough game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your post was not only fair minded but also lacked the big headed "we are the best in the world crap", that we are used to.
I think you guys will get the job done but I feel it will be a close tough game.
The vast majority of all supporters are pretty reasonable, BF seems to attract it's fair share of "antagonisers", some are just taking the piss but some have you shaking your head.
As for the Tigers, since 1967 so I've seen it all. From when we were clearly the best and clearly the worst (far too often) so forgive us if we are making the most of being premiers and top of the ladder. :p
IF the finals started this week then we'd be deserved favourites but plenty of footy still to be played and Adelaide were red hot favourites this time last season. They haven't been at their best but are still a dangerous team if we aren't matching them for intensity.
Tigers by 30 after another big last quarter.

You know that "Richmond are the bestest team eva" crap is most often brought up by 'neutrals', right?

Just as is the case here.

It's on the line for the Crows tonight. Ordinarily I'd think being competitive against the Tigers at home would be enough. They are at the point where they need the 4 points though. They'll be two games of finals pace if they lose.

I'll tip the Crows because they need to win, and take the leap of faith they'll improve again on last week. Lynch is good and Sloane should be better with a bit of game time. Mostly it's the fight they showed against the Eagles though.
Was thinking something similar wrt crows. Heaps on the line. Some form back. Point to prove. Beat down the nemesis etc.

A contending thought: Dimma was pissed at the last result, embarrassed was his exact word. Tiges should be up for it.

Agree, close game.

Richmond are the best side in it (at the moment) & will still finish on top, no matter the result in this game... but...

I've just got a sneaky feeling about the Crows tonight. Not wishful thinking either, I have no investment in either side, but sometimes a club only needs to break the ice with a close win (as the Crows did against West Coast last week) to get their mojo back and make a charge towards their rightful place on the ladder. Are Adelaide the 11th best side in the competition? No way.

I'm a big fan of the Squiggle's probabilistic ladder because it shows that even if you're favorite every game, it's still likely that you'll lose some of them...Simply put, upsets happen.

We're favorites here, and most of the specific things you can point at would support that notion, but still...An upset wouldn't surprise all that much...All I can say to support that is that after 16(?) wins on the trot at the G, we just feel 'due', and with fate being the bitch she is, Adelaide would be the 'perfect' candidate to do that (especially after everyone has been saying how good we are for the past week).

Head and heart are tipping Richmond...but my gut has serious doubts.

Was thinking something similar wrt crows. Heaps on the line. Some form back. Point to prove. Beat down the nemesis etc.

A contending thought: Dimma was pissed at the last result, embarrassed was his exact word. Tigers should be up for it.
I wonder how pissed you can truly be when you won the flag after getting smacked at AO last year, in the last 3 QTR's at least. I'll defer though cos I dont watch his pressers every week, and that gives you a sense of what matters to a coach when they speak.

I wonder how pissed you can truly be when you won the flag after getting smacked at AO last year, in the last 3 QTR's at least. I'll defer though cos I dont watch his pressers every week, and that gives you a sense of what matters to a coach when they speak.
I was plenty pissed! And will be again if we lose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back