Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 16 - Hawks v Blues Sun July 2nd 1:10pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Blues by a goal or less

• Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Hawks by a lot

• Blues by a lot

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn-vs-Carlton.png

16th v 15th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 16
HAWTHORN V CARLTON
SUNDAY JULY 2ND 1:10PM EST (M.C.G.)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

HAWKS

B: J.Impey, J.Blanck, J.Scrimshaw
HB: S.Mitchell, S.Frost, B.Hardwick
C: J.Weddle, W.Day, K.Amon
HF: J.Worpel, C.Macdonald, C.Nash
F: L.Breust, M.Lewis, T.Brockman
FOLL: N.Reeves, J.Newcombe, D.Moore - C

I/C (FROM): S.Butler, C.Wingard, L.Bramble, J.Ward, F.Greene, L.Meek, M.Ramsden, C.Mackenzie

In: C.Wingard, J.Ward, F.Greene, M.Ramsden
Out: J.Koschitzke (Omitted)

BLUES
B: B.Kemp, J.Weitering, J.Boyd
HB: N.Newman, M.McGovern, A.Saad
C: B.Acres, P.Cripps - C, S.Walsh
HF: J.Silvagni, C.Curnow, J.Martin
F: L.Fogarty, H.McKay, D.Cuningham
FOLL: T.De Koning, A.Cerra, S.Docherty

I/C (FROM): A.Cincotta, M.Kennedy, E.Curnow, M.Owies, G.Hewett, J.Honey, J.Binns, Le.Young

In: J.Silvagni, E.Curnow, G.Hewett, J.Honey, J.Binns, Le.Young
Out: M.Cottrell (Suspension), M.Pittonet (Injured), P.Dow (Omitted)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:
Hawthorn were awful yesterday but they were first up from a bye and it’s not unusual for a young team to get obliterated away from home at the best of times.

This is just the sort of game they could bounce back in and catch the Blues unaware like they did against Brisbane a few weeks ago. Hawks by 20

Hawks no chance without Sicily. Carlton by 97 points with Curnow/McKay kicking 10 between them
Carlton are truly dreadful, coming off the bye they will play the Hawks into form. Even last year when Carlton were up and about, Hawks could have pinched the game at the end. Hawks by a couple of goals.

The Blues couldn't possibly blow this game? The Hawks are dreadful, Carlton by 40 points

Hawthorn is not "dreadful" at all. They are young and inconsistent but can take it to any team when they are on. West Coast, now they are dreadful.

That said, I think Carlton has too much riding on this and without Sicily I suspect we struggle to contain their two big forwards.

Carlton by 16 after a tight first half in what is forecast to be horrible conditions.

Carlton have won 1 game in past 9 weeks
Hawthorn have better form than Carlton with win against Brisbane being their best this season.
On exposed form , Hawks should win this comfortably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn is not "dreadful" at all. They are young and inconsistent but can take it to any team when they are on. West Coast, now they are dreadful.

That said, I think Carlton has too much riding on this and without Sicily I suspect we struggle to contain their two big forwards.

Carlton by 16 after a tight first half in what is forecast to be horrible conditions.
The conditions will be a factor in this game, lets see if the Carlton boys want to get dirty.

The conditions will be a factor in this game, lets see if the Carlton boys want to get dirty.

A wet and slippery day gives us half a chance given our midfield competes well and gets the ball forward. The ball being on the deck a lot will help us but I still don't see us winning.

A wet and slippery day gives us half a chance given our midfield competes well and gets the ball forward. The ball being on the deck a lot will help us but I still don't see us winning.
Be interesting to see if Carlton go with starting De Koning up forward again.

Hawks by 11 points should be another good game hawks and blues.

But ill tip hawks around 10 or 11 points

Carlton to break the trend of teams coming off the bye losing to teams that played the week before

Mackenzie and DGB both top 7 picks can’t even get a game in this squad…..thanks recruiters

Frost must be the luckiest footballer going around

Then we go and bring back peaheart Wingard and Greene…..

Thought we had more depth than this but obviously we don’t…..

Mackenzie and DGB both top 7 picks can’t even get a game in this squad…..thanks recruiters

Frost must be the luckiest footballer going around

Then we go and bring back peaheart Wingard and Greene…..

Thought we had more depth than this but obviously we don’t…..
Throw the team away and start again, you reckon?

Throw the team away and start again, you reckon?
Considering that Hawhorn doesn’t seem like it’s even his team, he might just take you up on the offer.

Back