Preview AFL Round 8 - Match Preview Collingwood@Carlton (MCG– 1:45PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge danger game. We struggled to beat them last year on both occasions. They’ll be hyper motivated after last week and get 3 good ins while we lose two significant players.
I see Lynch named as emergency....let’s hope that’s not as cover for Grundy
Most likely just cover for Reid who is quite injury prone as you may recall

I thought Reid was a poor selection last week, and I think Wills is a poor selection this week.

So look out! Wills should play well.

And welcome back to Mayney.
Going the reverse psychology....

Not the worst idea.

Wills gets his chance, hope he shows something, I like him and good that we have him to fall back on. Will hold his own.

A little concerning for Aish. He is either still not fully recovered from the concussion which is not a good sign, or he is struggling to find a spot in the team.

Huge danger game. We struggled to beat them last year on both occasions. They’ll be hyper motivated after last week and get 3 good ins while we lose two significant players.
If we turn up, we win.

Even with the big outs the side looks pretty good.
Expect DeGoey and Thomas to spend a little more time through the middle as well.
Brown can be played predominantly as a mid as well which is his preferred position.
Greenwood could also do a run with role in Cripps if needed.

Good balance to the team I think.

How I hope to see us line up:

B - Langdon Roughead Howe
HB - Maynard Moore Crisp
C - Sidebottom Pendlebury Phillips
HF - Elliott Mihochek WHE
F - DeGoey Reid Stephenson
R - Grundy Treloar Brown
INT - Thomas Greenwood Wills Mayne

Moore goes to Curnow - should be a good matchup.

Good luck to Rupert.

Injury has opened up an opportunity and he gets a chance to press his claims.

Hopefully shows enough to give the coach a headache at selection next week.

The ins make sense

Big bodied inside mid for big bodied inside mid.

Wing/Utility for Outsideish mid

I feel Josh Thomas should push up into the midfield and let Mayne play more a defensive forward role.
Why would we shuffle the deck chairs like that in order for Mayne to play a role he failed at when he arrived at the club? The most sensible move would be to put Mayne back on the wing where he’s been playing decent football and put Sidey back in the middle, you know, in the role where he was All Australian last year? Surely???

A little concerning for Aish. He is either still not fully recovered from the concussion which is not a good sign, or he is struggling to find a spot in the team.
Not recovered yet. He hasn’t been named in the VFL either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

40 points is probably par, their confidence is shot and if we get on top early heads will start to drop

It’s going to be an interesting first quarter.

We’re currently the masters of first quarters but that’s the quarter they’re obviously going to come out the hardest.

If we f lose this man.. I f swear man.. I will gurney Wally and Edna's front window at close range in the middle of the night when we're expecting a big downpour.. wake em up.. so that I can here Wally go.. 'hey Edna.. the rains are eeerrr'.. 'oh they're pretty heavy Edna I'll go and have a look'.. then turn the karcha off when he opens the door for a geeze.. followed by him scratching his cranium and going 'haaaa'. And 'what'. And 'Edna you'd never guess'.. then do it an hr later when they fall asleep again.

I have f had it man.. that's it for me.

It’s going to be an interesting first quarter.

We’re currently the masters of first quarters but that’s the quarter they’re obviously going to come out the hardest.

They will come out of Breathing Fire I reckon

He was named as an emergency last week.

I’m not sold on Wills coming in.
Sure he’s an inside player perhaps considered “like for like with Adams to some extent” but he isn’t a clean inside player like Adams and I worry about his work on the spread with ball in hand having to kick it.

Sure he’s an inside player perhaps considered “like for like with Adams to some extent” but he isn’t a clean inside player like Adams and I worry about his work on the spread with ball in hand having to kick it.

I'm expecting a 5 kick, 11 handball type game. Hopefully he can get about ten tackles like he did in his last AFL teaser.

The positive is that he has the strength and size to match Cripps in the stoppages.

The positive is that he has the strength and size to match Cripps in the stoppages.
Putting an inexperienced player like Wills on arguably the best inside mid in the league because of ‘size’ would be a big mistake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back