Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency X - Club has elected not to fill list spot - Davey returning from injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what world do Richmond have the capital to trade in Hopper AND Taranto???
They have pick 12, North's second rounder and their F1

Ollie Henry had a game earlier in the year where he kicked something like 1.4 and 2-3 on the full. Without knowing a thing about the kid it seemed to hurt his confidence. If he kicked 5 that day there’s a good chance his year goes differently. Id take him in a heartbeat

Well they're offloading two high priced players and I'm sure we'd be able to pay quite a bit of the salary if push comes to shove. Even relieve some more pressure if we take another player on.
I’d be ok with that. But whether the club would do it is a different matter. I’ve never gotten the sense he’s not rated internally.

Wouldn’t mind a cheeky sticky beak at Ralphsmith and particularly Thomson Dow and RCD now. Can’t see a path to them playing any more footy at Richmond now, particularly the latter two.

Not saying they are AFL standard, in fact I’m pretty sure they are both not but if we can do one pick for two of them or get one as a DFA we will be ahead of the game in just getting guys that are built like actual men into the club.

Jeez Hopper and Taranto to Tigers. You’d think we would have been a good chance for one of them if we hadn’t shit the bed

It would never happen but I'd love for us to look at Jack Bowes from GC. Could have a huge leap similar to Mills if he gets permanent midfield time, like he did in the juniors.

7 year deals for Hopper and Taranto....

I imagine they would have to be blackended considering Lynch, Martin, Grimes, Vlastuin would all still be on good cash.

No wonder Hopper and Taranto were both keen, I cant imagine Geelong were offering 7 years to Hopper for example.

7 year deals for Hopper and Taranto....

I imagine they would have to be blackended considering Lynch, Martin, Grimes, Vlastuin would all still be on good cash.

No wonder Hopper and Taranto were both keen, I cant imagine Geelong were offering 7 years to Hopper for example.
Tidy midfield - prestia, hopper, taranto with bolton

I think Geelong might check on Parish now they've missed Hopper. Henry, Bruhn, Parish would be my tips for who Geelong target.

Wouldn’t mind a cheeky sticky beak at Ralphsmith and particularly Thomson Dow and RCD now. Can’t see a path to them playing any more footy at Richmond now, particularly the latter two.

Not saying they are AFL standard, in fact I’m pretty sure they are both not but if we can do one pick for two of them or get one as a DFA we will be ahead of the game in just getting guys that are built like actual men into the club.

You’re pretty sure they’re not AFL standard but you’re happy to waste two list spots, salary cap and a pick to get them to the club?

Hopper chooses Richmond.

Boy that shits me. GWS get priority access to a player we need when we had high draft picks, proceed to draft too many midfielders with the copious leg up they've been given, not be able to fit that player into their midfield, fail to retain the player to a finals team, defeating the purpose of academies in the first place.

This has been bugging me too.

What's the bet that at the end of their careers we'll look at Hopper and Kennedy as the guys who GWS could have built a substantial team around to avoid treading water for the next 7 years with the overrated flakes, who Hopper and Kennedy would beat the piss out of head to head, they pay $1m a year.

I cant understand turning your back on academy players, not when you can't retain the interstate players you draft.

I’m not arguing, but there’s no rhyme or season.

The whole Waterman lifecycle makes absolutely zero sense for us, we knew he would require a bit more support aerobically because of the glandular, but we also know our strength and conditioning program is from the Stone Age.

So questionable to draft him in the first place given he’s a bit of a special case, more questionable to try him as a midfielder, but only once a month so we don’t really learn any more about him and now questionable to have him as someone who is a marginal ‘last decision we make guy’ as a 26 year old non best 22 player in a bottom 4 side.

Piss or get off the pot.

Brand I am still not sure about so he gets another contract so we can work that out IMO.
sounds like you're trying to justify taking home a 5 at the end of the night. In the end she is a 5, you've done what you've done and now trying to save face.

Waterman when brought in was a 24 year old state league goal kicker we took a punt on, after two seasons he hasn't been able to develop enough tricks to maintain the project imho. These are the sorts of list decisions that have annoyed me about Dodoro over the years, time to move on. Hibberd for all intents and purposes was a good decision although not completely his own making (ie not offered the opportunity to develop the game he was drafted on).

For all his short comings, tough delistings and not enough 'punts' on kids with individual standout traits is another of Dodo's faults.

I look back at a guy like Lauchlan Dalgliesh and think how many kids late, or in the rookie draft have we taken a punt on in the last decade? Real dart at the board type stuff? Houlihan as a high flying forward, Will Hams &/or Trent Mynott as inside mids? Gach Nyuon as a ruck (later Sam Draper as one of the very few wins from Dodo as a punt late), so again, very few.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re pretty sure they’re not AFL standard but you’re happy to waste two list spots, salary cap and a pick to get them to the club?

Absolutely, for a number of different reasons.

Number 1, young enough to turn it around with a bit of love and care in a new environment.

Number 2, athletic attributes, Dow is medium sized but a serious athlete and RCD is Cripps/Bont sized.

Number 3, given we’re basically stripping it down to base elements I know I’d personally cop a couple of years of potentially lower skill but high motor, high and consistent effort footballers that can take direction.

I’d be gunning for 2 of Setterfield, RCD, Ely Smith and the Dow brothers, all young enough to give us a career but ready to go round 1 next year.

Of course we did. Another 183cm mid is exactly what we need 🙄
C'mon, he'd be our second tallest inside mid if he came.

He's 184 cm :p

Would they have the trade capitol though? Not sure pick 18ish would cut it for Parish 🤔
They'd add their F1 to it you'd think.

They'd add their F1 to it you'd think.
Yeh they would have to surely. Could be a similar pick though 🤔.
I like Parish, though for the sake of some midfield balance I wouldn't be adverse to moving him on for the right price and getting bigger bull in there. Merrett, Caldwell, Shiel with a Dunkley/Green type would go along way to fixing some long winded issues.

Merrett - Ball use
Caldwell - Defensive
Shiel - Clearence
Bigger Bull type??

Absolutely, for a number of different reasons.

Number 1, young enough to turn it around with a bit of love and care in a new environment.

Number 2, athletic attributes, Dow is medium sized but a serious athlete and RCD is Cripps/Bont sized.

Number 3, given we’re basically stripping it down to base elements I know I’d personally cop a couple of years of potentially lower skill but high motor, high and consistent effort footballers that can take direction.

I’d be gunning for 2 of Setterfield, RCD, Ely Smith and the Dow brothers, all young enough to give us a career but ready to go round 1 next year.

I don’t want athletes or big bodies, I want good footballers who can actually impact a game or a contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back