Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XI - McKay. Goldstein. Gresham. Duursma!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as we keep 9 and take either Sanders to LOL on North or Caddy (who a big bodies tough nut) I'm happy
I’d love Sanders, but I highly doubt he gets to 9

That’s BS. So any club could target a second year rookie and essentially have them walk to there club
Sorry for the intrusion but I read about this today. If a 2nd year rookie is offered a senior list contract by his current club for his 3rd year then he isn't eligible for delisted free agency. If the offer of a 3rd year is to stay on the rookie list then he can delist himself and qualify as a DFA.

This almost happened a few years ago when Lachie Young moved from WB to NM but there was a dispute on what the Dogs had offered him so it ended up being a late swap of picks.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sorry for the intrusion but I read about this today. If a 2nd year rookie is offered a senior list contract by his current club for his 3rd year then he isn't eligible for delisted free agency. If the offer of a 3rd year is to stay on the rookie list then he can delist himself and qualify as a DFA.

This almost happened a few years ago when Lachie Young moved from WB to NM but there was a dispute on what the Dogs had offered him so it ended up being a late swap of picks.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
here is the article: Rebuilding Roos set to poach Bulldogs defender

Will put his body on the line EVERY SINGLE TIME.

How many other blokes on our list play tough, unconditional footy? Not many is the answer.
Durham is one of my favourite players because I often see repeat efforts from him.

Half our list be like “nah he’s like 2 meters away no point chasing”

Last edited:
I am already dreaming of him kicking the winner ANZAC Day after dropping the knees and getting paid a high free kick. It would be glorious.

Makes me cringe to be honest. Don’t want him anywhere near our club. Putrid character, average footballer and I honestly could not sit there and watch him play for free kicks, I’d walk out of the stadium…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 9, 31, 35

Draft night shenanigans incoming? I think so

Kinda hoping we end up with Zerk + 31 for Port's pick 24 and miss on Duursma. Massimo goes to Hawthorn for little if nothing. Shiel stays and we move on
I would do Zerk for 24 with nothing meaningful going the other way.

Pick 9, 31, 35

Draft night shenanigans incoming? I think so

Kinda hoping we end up with Zerk + 31 for Port's pick 24 and miss on Duursma. Massimo goes to Hawthorn for little if nothing. Shiel stays and we move on
I like the minimalist approach but you’re delusional if you think the club is going to let Zerk go for a 7 pick upgrade

Even 35 for 24 would be a stretch

As for Duursma if it’s not a straight swap we are adding a future 4th

I would do Zerk for 24 with nothing meaningful going the other way.

This is fairly close to market value for BZT.

Before the media starting dancing to the "sweetener going the other way" nonsense, I'd have thought Duursma for 31 and Zerk for 24 would be a fair pair of trades that just about hit the middle of the bat for each players current value (so combined it'd be BZT and 31 for Duursma and 24) but clearly that wont be happening now. Port will be getting overs if they "reluctantly" end up agreeing to a straight swap, let alone some late round pick being through in by Jackets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back