Play Nice AFL Womens - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

that's a shocking stance to take - it's not as if Marinoff ran through her with a hip and shoulder

the contact between Stack and Marinoff would happen dozens of times in literally every game of footy

fmd

This is unprofessional...

I really hate everything about this. It's hard to blame Stack for feeling poorly about Marinoff getting off. Sometimes when you're forced to go through a s**t situation, you just want to be able to put the blame on someone else and then see justice done to them. Now she feels as though that's been taken away from her. It's shitty and I feel really bad for Stack, but I do think the correct decision was (eventually) made in overturning the suspension.

I can also see why Stack would be annoyed at the argument being made that maybe she got injured earlier in the match. I'm glad the Crows chose to drop that part of their defence.

Just a crap situation all around. I'd probably be bitter if I was in her shoes too.

Last edited:

I really hate everything about this. It's hard to blame Stack for feeling poorly about Marinoff getting off. Sometimes when you're forced to go through a sh*t situation, you just want to be able to put the blame on someone else and then see justice done to them. Now she feels as though that's been taken away from her. It's shitty and I feel really bad for Stack, but I do think the correct decision was (eventually) made in overturning the suspension.

I can also see why Stack would be annoyed at the argument being made that maybe she got injured earlier in the match. I'm glad the Crows chose to drop that part of their defence.

Just a crap situation all around. I'd probably be bitter if I was in her shoes too.
Don't write a whiney first-person piece criticising the decision and bleating about how it made you cry.

When was the last time a male player did that?

I thought Richmond played at Punt Rd last season?

Are the AFLW following the same rules as the AFL because the umpiring looks less strict.

This might already have been mentioned but one thing i'm noticing with the women when celebrating a goal, they don't pat each other on the bum like the guys always do.

Don't write a whiney first-person piece criticising the decision and bleating about how it made you cry.

When was the last time a male player did that?

I don't know? Probably never? I agree that it was unprofessional, but then this is still only barely a professional league, mostly filled with part-time athletes who either take time off work to participate, or continue to work another job throughout it. I'm not sure we can hold them to the same standards as male AFL players who are literally put into "how to speak to the media" class the moment they're drafted, or prior to that if they're in an academy.

I feel shitty for someone who comes over here to play footy and ends up with a broken neck. I can see why she's upset. I also think that Marinoff is not to blame at all and overturning her suspension was the right call.

I don't know? Probably never? I agree that it was unprofessional, but then this is still only barely a professional league, mostly filled with part-time athletes who either take time off work to participate, or continue to work another job throughout it. I'm not sure we can hold them to the same standards as male AFL players who are literally put into media class the moment they're drafted, or prior to that if they're in an academy.

I feel shitty for someone who comes over here to play footy and ends up with a broken neck. I can see why she's upset. I also think that Marinoff is not to blame at all and overturning her suspension was the right call.
I hold them to a standard of playing competitive sport. It's bad luck for the girl who got injured but you don't write a ridiculous piece crying about the tribunal decision.

I hold them to a standard of playing competitive sport. It's bad luck for the girl who got injured but you don't write a ridiculous piece crying about the tribunal decision.

Hah - I thought your comment about a whiney first-person piece was directed as me!

I agree, it's a poor look. I had also originally assumed it was a piece written by a journalist here based on an interview they had with her, but looking closer at the story, they're just taking quotes from the piece she wrote herself in an Irish newspaper.

Hah - I thought your comment about a whiney first-person piece was directed as me!

I agree, it's a poor look. I had also originally assumed it was a piece written by a journalist here based on an interview they had with her, but looking closer at the story, they're just taking quotes from the piece she wrote herself in an Irish newspaper.
"My emotions almost felt trapped in this vortex of disbelief because I suddenly felt like a scapegoat. The emotional trauma of dealing with such a serious injury was exacerbated when the blame for what had happened suddenly seemed to be sitting at my door."

Put a sock in it.

I was away from my phone for 20 minutes, only coming back at 9:05am local time to book tickets on my laptop.
At 9:20 I get a text from aus post. I see I had another one from the Crows at 8:50am saying suspended sales.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Considering that the round 1 matches were WCE vs Adelaide and Freo vs GWS, with the round 2 matches being Adelaide vs Freo and GWS vs WCE, was/is there a chance for the 2 Perth teams to fly to SA and kinda have a mini hub situation for those 4 teams similar to what we were seeing during last seasons AFL season?

Could the round 2 matches as scheduled still be played, but without crowds if that's what the SA government requires?

This doesn't bode well. Hard to see how the AFL will get around this.
Rd 2
Adelaide vs Fremantle (as planned)
GWS vs West Coast (as planned)

Rd 3
Adelaide vs GWS
Fremantle vs West Coast

Rd 4
Adelaide and GWS travel East on Sunday
Fremantle and West Coast host games against teams travelling in from the East.

Seriously.
Move Adelaide and GWS to that hotel in the Barossa Valley that Hawthorn used last year, plus the Crows players when they returned home before the season was to begin.
Fly in West Coast and Fremantle today.

Turn it into an isolated village or something.
Then play behind closed doors.

Doesnt even have to be Norwood Oval. Play it at Balaklava Oval or something.

Schedule rounds 2-4 for those 4 teams as I stated above.

Rd 2
Adelaide vs Fremantle (as planned)
GWS vs West Coast (as planned)

Not sure the S.A. Gov. would be happy about teams from W.A. red zone flying into Adelaide. They have already forced GWS and the Crows into Quarantine. I suppose the "Barossa Bubble" idea might be a chance.

Not sure the S.A. Gov. would be happy about teams from W.A. red zone flying into Adelaide
And as someone who lives in Adelaide.

Who cares.

The only government I would vote back into power with the way they handled the pandemic is the Liberal New South Wales government.
They dont over react
They dont jump at shadows
They have gone slow and controlled things amazingly.

Wa, sa, nt, tas and federal governments I'd vote out at the next election in a heartbeat.
All have shown they put self preservation ahead of logic. All are just playing politics for this entire year.

Victoria and Queensland, their handling would effect my decision, but not make my decision outright (anti Vic gov, pro Qld gov)

Let me get this straight - I mean I understand proactive preventative measures but last I read it was 1 positive case and the guy worked at a hotel quarantine place, right?

Would have to be the the most "technical" case of community transmission you'd be able to get

Remove this Banner Ad

Back