Women's Footy AFLW and MFC Women’s team general discussion - Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Jayden Hunt needs to play like Goldrick. Forwards and fast, all of the time.

McNamara nominated for the RS. Have just worked out that the reason we don’t play her on ball even though she dominated there R1 and has struggled to get as much of it since sitting well outside the contest is bc she’s apparently v concussion prone or at least suffered a bad one a few years ago. Makes a lot of sense bc even though she’s an incredible runner and works hard to get to every single contest she definitely has a very strong contested ball game and has as much potential on ball as any of our other mids. Has worked into her role nicely though, absolute jet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McNamara nominated for the RS. Have just worked out that the reason we don’t play her on ball even though she dominated there R1 and has struggled to get as much of it since sitting well outside the contest is bc she’s apparently v concussion prone or at least suffered a bad one a few years ago. Makes a lot of sense bc even though she’s an incredible runner and works hard to get to every single contest she definitely has a very strong contested ball game and has as much potential on ball as any of our other mids. Has worked into her role nicely though, absolute jet.
Yeah she's using her running very well as an outlet in defence and to get back up the ground. Very slight still so probably adds to the wariness with throwing her in the guts, but has a solid outside game to build on.

Yeah she's using her running very well as an outlet in defence and to get back up the ground. Very slight still so probably adds to the wariness with throwing her in the guts, but has a solid outside game to build on.
Was a real steal at pick 15, I wonder if she slid bc of the concussion stuff and size. Works out for us either way.

I feel as though we’ve never played well in the heat. Hope it doesn’t jeopardise our chances the following week against Brisbane, that could turn out to be a must win game.
Was it first year when we thrashed Adelaide in searing temps? Otherwise yeah

Was it first year when we thrashed Adelaide in searing temps? Otherwise yeah
Not sure about the heat but think we won that by under a goal. Beat them by a bit more in second year but then they flogged us in third year.

Not sure about the heat but think we won that by under a goal. Beat them by a bit more in second year but then they flogged us in third year.
I’m probably thinking about a dream I once had or something

Win today i think we play finals, lose and we have to beat top of the table brisbane in the last round with some doubt

Could still play finals if we lose both games but we’d have to hope carlton don’t bridge the % gap which would honestly be unlikely considering they’re only 8% behind now. Win one of our last two and we’re in.

Could still play finals if we lose both games but we’d have to hope carlton don’t bridge the % gap which would honestly be unlikely considering they’re only 8% behind now. Win one of our last two and we’re in.
Yeah i don't wanna leave it to chance like the mens last year. But both freo and Bris are good opposition. Need to beat one of them to put ourselves in there, and give ourselves confidence to play the best if we do make it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back