Women's Footy AFLW and MFC Women’s team general discussion - Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a little bit envious of some of these other teams having home games at traditional vfl venues. Loved going to Victoria park, princes park and moorabbin. Now watching the tigers at punt road is a great sight. To be fair I've never been to a women's game at casey I'm sure it would still have a good atmosphere but just lacking the romance.

I'm a little bit envious of some of these other teams having home games at traditional vfl venues. Loved going to Victoria park, princes park and moorabbin. Now watching the tigers at punt road is a great sight. To be fair I've never been to a women's game at casey I'm sure it would still have a good atmosphere but just lacking the romance.
Nothing quite like the romance of getting your head caved in at Victoria Park after a Collingwood loss

Premiership favourites 0-2 btw
North and Freo (who may be stuffed by the WA situation) were much more likely to win the flag than Carlton. The AFLW media froff Prespakis and Harris, who are good players, but aren't enough to carry the Blues past the other top teams alone. Vescio, O'Dea etc (and Harris) are all pretty hot and cold. The rest of their side is average.
They were flattered a bit by the conference system/one good patch of form in recent years, making them seem stronger than they are. They'll probably get another run on late and may still make finals but a flag seems very hard from here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went down today with my parent's and nieces. Was a good day but missed bits and pieces because was busy with my nieces who weren't overly interested. The older one is Richmond supporter and when I was giving it to her haha your team is losing she said she only cares about the men's game.(she jumped ship from Hawthorn) The youngest one who is only 7 said she's a Melbourne supporter hopefully it sticks. I guess I won't take her to any mens games for a while lol. Over all good atmosphere but the zoning stuff is annoying particularly when it was quite warm in the sun and I wanted a beer but my zone was dry. I get that it's a covid thing but the whole thing goes out the door when people mingle once they are out of the premises.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back