AFLW Autopsy AFLW: Hawks vs Essendon, Kinetic Frankston, 2nd Sept 7:15pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Mattea breed was immense she’s my new favourite player!
She is a fantastic player, very smart. When the side starts to gel I expect we will see her in the top 5 in the league, maybe not in stats, but impact (think cyril)

I met her mum on the weekend. Really nice person, so I reckon after that I would have her my second favourite (after aine)

Not the best game overall was it. Felt like the forward structures were a bit all over the place, not exactly what you want having a whole pre season to prepare. Maybe Wales back will fix some things.

Midfield also seems a bit similar to last season, where when they find the ball, the disposal is lacking. Hopefully it all comes with time, but with Sydney laying down a marker early, could be left behind.

Still had some fantastic plays. That Aine goal was from nothing and always good to see a defender like Brown score, especially that kick.

Not the best game overall was it. Felt like the forward structures were a bit all over the place, not exactly what you want having a whole pre season to prepare. Maybe Wales back will fix some things.

Midfield also seems a bit similar to last season, where when they find the ball, the disposal is lacking. Hopefully it all comes with time, but with Sydney laying down a marker early, could be left behind.

Still had some fantastic plays. That Aine goal was from nothing and always good to see a defender like Brown score, especially that kick.

Our biggest issue is our players with goal sense (aine, gilly, brown) are defenders

Our biggest issue is our players with goal sense (aine, gilly, brown) are defenders
Locke down back is a strange one. I think the Irish girls are best playing wing/forward flank. Our problem seems to be who plays in forward line, there's only 5 spots and loads of players (it's a while away but next cutting season will be ruthless 😬).

Hoping Bodey and Hipwell become marking targets if Perko isnt playing, Cunningham out is tough too, feel she can swing back or forward pretty effortless when playing.

Locke down back is a strange one. I think the Irish girls are best playing wing/forward flank. Our problem seems to be who plays in forward line, there's only 5 spots and loads of players (it's a while away but next cutting season will be ruthless 😬).

Hoping Bodey and Hipwell become marking targets if Perko isnt playing, Cunningham out is tough too, feel she can swing back or forward pretty effortless when playing.
Agree, Sophie is another that doesn't make sense. May be her ability to drift out of games - trying to teach her a new role

I don't feel perkins fits the gameplan. She looked decent when the game was over and the plan a (kick long to a contest) disappeared, and plan b (run, hit a lead) was allowed

Hipwell needs to be allowed to kead. Gameplan kills her.

I seem like a broken record, because is a great coach, but she's not coa hing to the cattle, but rather coaching her idea of a perfect game - much like clarkson in his later years

Agree, Sophie is another that doesn't make sense. May be her ability to drift out of games - trying to teach her a new role

I don't feel perkins fits the gameplan. She looked decent when the game was over and the plan a (kick long to a contest) disappeared, and plan b (run, hit a lead) was allowed

Hipwell needs to be allowed to kead. Gameplan kills her.

I seem like a broken record, because is a great coach, but she's not coa hing to the cattle, but rather coaching her idea of a perfect game - much like clarkson in his later years

Agreed, Locke is a natural forward. Very confused as to why she was played out of position. She drifts out of games because the forward line is starved of supply for lengthy periods of time - this happens to all our forwards.

The game has passed Perkins by. She is not suited to modern footy. Ripping person and has an amazingly long kick, but she is rebounded against far too easily.

Goddard is not a great coach. She is not even a good coach. She doesn’t really understand or have a feel for the game and can’t read the play during games. This was the exact same issue at the Crows. Yes, she won a flag, but that team was stacked with more self driven talent than any other team by a comfortable margin AND they had a fitness edge. As soon as other teams bridged the fitness gap, they overtook them with a modern game plan and footy smarts.

Sure, only basing this off one round of footy, but we could well be bottom 3 this season. Could be a long long short season.

Agreed, Locke is a natural forward. Very confused as to why she was played out of position. She drifts out of games because the forward line is starved of supply for lengthy periods of time - this happens to all our forwards.

The game has passed Perkins by. She is not suited to modern footy. Ripping person and has an amazingly long kick, but she is rebounded against far too easily.

Goddard is not a great coach. She is not even a good coach. She doesn’t really understand or have a feel for the game and can’t read the play during games. This was the exact same issue at the Crows. Yes, she won a flag, but that team was stacked with more self driven talent than any other team by a comfortable margin AND they had a fitness edge. As soon as other teams bridged the fitness gap, they overtook them with a modern game plan and footy smarts.

Sure, only basing this off one round of footy, but we could well be bottom 3 this season. Could be a long long short season.
That’s my feel as well re Bec Goddard doesn’t mean she can’t be a good head coach but would need footy smarts in the coaching group running game day planning and execution. She has valuable skills as a people person impressive to get Bates and bodes to believe in our journey.

Deed is most like for like of those ins to replace Smith, but Wales is also 100% to play, so a forward is likely to be dropped too.

Reckon it might be Locke or Fellows.

Deed is most like for like of those ins to replace Smith, but Wales is also 100% to play, so a forward is likely to be dropped too.

Reckon it might be Locke or Fellows.
Doesn't make sense to have Tamara named in defence given our issues up forward ha e been contested marking, whilst defence has been killing us by allowing easy leads

I'll say this, from my experience the grandstand is terrible for viewing the game.
Best vantage point is the terrace
Been meaning to say I now know what you mean! Next time I'll be heading over to the opposite side. Beautiful ground and atmosphere though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back