Game Day AFLW R5: Adelaide vs Carlton Gameday Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The Blonde Bash Girls got some very rough, often unfair treatment all game. Hosking at least won some high frees, though still got the rough end of the stick by and large, and Loynes must have run over all the umps' dogs.

Certainly not the cause or reason for the problems our womens team has right now, but eh, I gotta bitch about something post-game. Just have to feel sorry for some of the players who leave absolutely nothing in the tank and literally bleed for the cause in a team that gets belted, and yet get no reward for effort at all.

Audley and Hicks have to go. Arnell and Webb probably need to be dropped as well.

Grieve and Jess Hosking definitely need to come in, then the last two spots become a raffle unless we can elevate Cochrane.

Pound needs to be tried on a wing to get her foot skills further up the ground, while Vescio needs to play as a high half forward to open up opportunities for herself and others.

Harris at CHF where she can work on her goal kicking yips (and technique) without as much pressure on her to score, while Downie becomes the deeper target that can be roved to.

This drop off in performance should help focus our efforts next season, hopefully.

Is there any chance Triggs departure has impacted on our women's team. I got the impression he was the driving force of our efforts.

Wouldn't surprise me if the more Neanderthal elements of the club don't rate it.

Does MLG still go to games?
There’s no chance Trigg’s departure has in anyway influenced the shambles that is our AFLW team’s on field performance; unless he was the one actually coaching the team.

I wanted Audley to make it, but after that game, ahh geez. Was so bloody frustrated and that shirked kick for goal which completely missed the give-off target anyway and wasted all opportunity was the final straw. You have to be able to do a bit more than just tackle.

Edit : having said that, I'm picking on her when she's not exactly Robinson Crusoe.

Didn't watch the full game, but with regards to the umpiring, I thought it was very poor in general. Too many high tackles and unrewarded tackles. Needs to be addressed to stop players from getting injured. The players need to learn quickly what they can and can't get away with, therefore the rules must be enforced correctly by the umpires to keep the players safe.

Didn't watch the full game, but with regards to the umpiring, I thought it was very poor in general. Too many high tackles and unrewarded tackles. Needs to be addressed to stop players from getting injured. The players need to learn quickly what they can and can't get away with, therefore the rules must be enforced correctly by the umpires to keep the players safe.
The feeling I get is that the umpires are umpiring these games like they would umpire a junior game, letting clumsy/accidental incidents go to some extent. This includes some throws & high-ish tackles. What has disappointed me is that Sarah Hosking is being held by her opponent at every ruck contest therefore not getting a free run at the rucks' tapdowns. This has been happening through all 5 games this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The feeling I get is that the umpires are umpiring these games like they would umpire a junior game, letting clumsy/accidental incidents go to some extent. This includes some throws & high-ish tackles. What has disappointed me is that Sarah Hosking is being held by her opponent at every ruck contest therefore not getting a free run at the rucks' tapdowns. This has been happening through all 5 games this season.
It's really bad

What's really bad is seeing a Carlton player with claret spilling everywhere and STILL no free kick.

What's really bad is seeing a Carlton player with claret spilling everywhere and STILL no free kick.

That's normal, I remember when Kreuzer was at the bottom of a pack against *FC, the ball was dragged back into him and the scum players jumped on top of him. Penalised holding the ball, then the ump sends Kreuzer off under the blood rule because blood is spilling out the side of his head???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back