AFLW Toast R1: 26 point win over the Hawkes!!

Remove this Banner Ad

C859A17C-CA86-4D7D-9369-560095D68D12.jpeg

ROUND 1​

ESSENDON VS HAWTHORNE
MARVEL STADIUM
7.20PM SATURDAY 27TH AUGUST 2022​

TEAM​

FB: Danielle Marshall (6), Cat Phillips (35)
HB: Sophie Van De Heuvel (27), Sophie Alexander (24), Stephanie Cain (20)
C: Alana Barba (11), Joanne Doonan (12), Georgia Gee (2)
HF: Daria Bannister (3), Jess Wuestschner (21), Federica Frew (17)
FF: Bonnie Toogood (8), Amber Clarke (33)
Fol: Steph Wales (30), Madison Prespakis (4), Jacqui Vogt (10)
I/C: Ellyse Gamble (14), Ash Van Loon (26), Amelia Radford (22), Paige Scott (32), Mia Van Dyke (19)

EMG: Renee Tierney (23), Alex Morcom (?), Megan Ryan (?)

BROADCAST

7mate and FoxFooty
(probably also Kayo)​

Actually, it only holds about 6,500-7,000 since the redevelopment a few years ago.
That would have been an issue given 9500 GA tickets got sold / taken up before the game got moved.

Okay so apparently there’s a female mosquito mascot… I assume she’s called Sky? (it’s on the back of her guernsey)

Yes there is. They actually reveled her before the Tigers game last week. There was a light show and all. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

If the club does AFLW sponsorship then we’ll see how it works out, not sure if it’ll be one sponsorship drive or two separate things
They are doing AFLW Player Sponsorship for $950. I'm part of the BomberBlitz share in AFLW Player Sponsorship (we voted to sponsor Nanscawen to not make her feel left behind with her ACL injury).

They are doing AFLW Player Sponsorship for $950. I'm part of the BomberBlitz share in AFLW Player Sponsorship (we voted to sponsor Nanscawen to not make her feel left behind with her ACL injury).
😂 when I got my AFLW membership I asked them to let me know if there was sponsorship and haven’t heard a thing since… that’d be bloody right though wouldn’t it? They’re sending me SMSs telling me to sign up as a member still too.

It was a good effort from Scott considering she started on the bench to get amongst the votes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back