• Saints

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Lions

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brissy win off a woman walking her head into Rhi Watts body. Joke

Can't fault the girls effort when we're missing our top 4 mids. Just hope they get a win as a reward for effort because they deserve it facing agonisingly short twice in a row

That one hurt a bit more than the last. Thought we were pretty good today, just needed some composure and strategy getting out of defense in that 3rd qtr.
Great to see Ott having a good game and Grieser getting in some good spots despite the strong wind. Friend also looked really good.
Saulitis got amongst it (although all I see is Lonie when she gets near it #13 with small stature)
Quite liked the look of White through the middle although much like when TLR goes in the middle we miss her down back.

Few players looking a bit tired today, which is expected given the heat and coming off a 4 day break.
Will be an interesting block ahead coming into 3 games in 9 days.
Expect we will be rotating a few players around and giving a few a rest, especially if the heat is up. Hopefully we will see Veseley available again soon

For those whinging about the umpires. Our 2 goals in the first qtr were both from suspect free kicks. Just not good enough. But better today against the reigning premiers. We win that game with Petrekios.

The positive is they were certainly much improved in their skills particularly in the first half. We also seemed to take the game on and put Brisbane under territory pressure, something we haven't been able to do all season.

Jakobbson is possibly our best player? Phillips, TLR, Priest are reliable. You can build around players like White, Macdonald, Shannon, Greiser, Xenos, Van Dyke. If we could get Patrikios, Smith, Vesely, Dhillon back into the centre - would make a huge difference.

We have the pieces, the difference that St KildaW's team lives and dies by is we completely have nothing to offer in that elite category (obvious GP exluded), and it's the AFLW elite players that are generally the difference between winning and losing. I believe we may have recruited Kate McCarthy as a marquee a few years ago(?), unsure if that's still the case but she's well out of favour and can't get a game.

For example, Darcy Vescio was offered a job at Carlton and drives around a Hyundai. Tayla Harris also drove around a spiffy Hyundai when she was still at Carlton. Katie Brennan crossed to Richmond, left as captain of the Dogs who were quite successful at the time for a neat off field package courtesy of Richmond & Puma. Bri Davey didn't just cross to Collingwood for the colours either.

I'm not across the league and it's salary capping, but given our financial situation as a club I can't imagine we have much to offer "off field/outside the salary cap" to entice a star AFLW to join us. It's also going to get worse when you have Hawthorn & Essendon entering next season, not only will they be head hunting with big $$$, they will also monopolise the early picks in the draft we obviously so desperately need.

And I'm not trashing this aspect of outside cap player payments either, it's necessary to support part time athletes. But it'd be good to know how much s**t we are pushing up hill compared to other AFLW teams. I guess if we don't have material items to promise athletes, the next best thing we can do is build an attractive and positive club culture - as a fan and not at all involved in womens football it's hard to know where we're measuring at that. Does anyone know?

For those whinging about the umpires. Our 2 goals in the first qtr were both from suspect free kicks. Just not good enough. But better today against the reigning premiers. We win that game with Petrekios.

Any update on what is actually happening with her?
Has she retired?

Back