Autopsy After a slow start a swarm of Swans crush Carlton by 52.

Remove this Banner Ad

Meanwhile fresh off our trip to Perth last week we're on a plane to Melbourne again next week on a 6 day break.

Honestly couldn't blame the team if we have a bit of a down performance this week. They've given everything they could over the first 10 rounds.
But wouldn't it be nice going to the bye 10-1? Who would have even thought that would have been possible?

Sorry to intrude but great win from your boys last night, always good to see Carlton lose lol, your midfield is a joy to watch.

If the Pies don’t win the flag again this year, would love to see you guys win it and get Tay and Grundy a flag.

Also came across this image a few weeks back and it’s prime reaction meme material so here it is for everyone to use

IMG_2302.jpeg

Cunningham !
Swans Goal of the Week

Just shows how rewarding it can be to keep running, keep supporting and eventually it will pay off. How many players give that first little chip kick off then stop and go back to D50? We just do it better than anyone else.

I thought it'd be very hard to come back from 27-1. They were carving us up at will, and it just looked like one of those nights where we weren't at the races and thought we'd beat them just by turning up. It was starting to feel like Richmond. Credit to everyone for proving me wrong so spectacularly. Not only did we stabilise and reel them in quite quickly, we went on to swat them aside like they were nothing. It was beautiful. Probably the most complete performance of the season.

Literally everyone played their part. Maybe McDonald had a slightly off night, but he still kept competing and never became completely anonymous like he sometimes tends to do. I suppose McInnerney took an oddly long time to get into the game but was ultimately fine. Everyone else was awesome. Even Francis was solid after a bad start. Amartey has been great for 3 weeks in a row now and is surely our most unexpectedly improved player. I just didn't see him becoming such a focal point of our attack so suddenly. And Jordon, wow! I expected a slight improvement on Clarke, not the ferocious demon we ended up with. And Lloyd has proved that the reports of his demise were vastly premature.

I honestly think Roberts is the weak link if there is one. He gets involved, but everything he does is a bit messy. He kinda takes the shine off the well oiled machine we've suddenly become. I guess he comes straight back in for Fox, but I wish we had someone else banging down the door.

Last edited:
But wouldn't it be nice going to the bye 10-1? Who would have even thought that would have been possible?
I had penciled in losses against Collingwood and Freo and had GWS, Melbourne, Carlton and Bulldogs as 50/50s. Hoping to be 6- maybe 7-4 if playing really well.

To be 9-2 at worst is insane. To be 10-1 and having lost to Richmond? I would have called for medical help

On McDonald, yeah he didn't take his chances in front of goal, but even on quiet nights he is our best tall when the ball hits the deck. He so often gets off clever little tap-ons or lightning quick handballs that end up in a score.

He only had 9 touches, but 7 of those were score involvements, more than any other key forward on the ground.

As a young key forward he will go "missing" in the sense that he won't always hit the scoreboard, but he still finds ways to contribute and that can't really be taught.

Was at the game last night, crowd was absolutely electric especially during those centre bounce clearance goals from Warner and Wicks. But LOVED that Cunningham's goal which he started.

What i loved was the maturity of the team last night, which Horse mentioned in his presser, especially after that first 15-20 mins where we were getting touched up by Carlton. We didn't just wait until quarter time to reset and instead just turned up the pressure, winning the ball and kicking some goals to get us back into the contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it'd be very hard to come back from 27-1. They were carving us up at will, and it just looked like one of those nights where we weren't at the races and thought we'd beat them just by turning up. It was starting to feel like Richmond. Credit to everyone for proving me wrong so spectacularly. Not only did we stabilise and reel them in quite quickly, we went on to swat them aside like they were nothing. It was beautiful. Probably the most complete performance of the season.

Literally everyone played their part. Maybe McDonald had a slightly off night, but he still kept competing and never became completely anonymous like he sometimes tends to do. I suppose McInnerney took an oddly long time to get into the game but was ultimately fine. Everyone else was awesome. Even Francis was solid after a bad start. Amartey has been great for 3 weeks in a row now and is surely our most unexpectedly improved player. I just didn't see him becoming such a focal point of our attack so suddenly. And Jordon, wow! I expected a slight improvement on Clarke, not the ferocious demon we ended up with. And Lloyd has proved that the reports of his demise were vastly premature.

I honestly think Roberts is the weak link if there is one. He gets involved, but everything he does is a bit messy. He kinda takes the shine off the well oiled machine we've suddenly become. I guess he comes straight back in for Fox, but I wish we had someone else banging down the door.
El Capitan- Mills

Expletives were said to the TV in the first quarter where they looked pretty flat. McKay missing his goal seemed to sum up the rest of the game.

Carlton leading the free kick for and the umpires named seemed like it might be a tough battle but we did pretty well out of the umps last night and that just feels strange.

Florent was the only guy with a question mark for me with his panicky little bob up handballs when pressure is on. He's had such a good year but for part of the match it seemed like some old bad habits.

Fox injury is disappointing, live I thought it could be kicking in danger to Carlton but on second view correct call as diving for a ball in front of a players legs results in exactly what happened - Injury.

Amazing to sit back and relax into a last quarter knowing you have them covered. Rare territory bring on more.

Get a few more wins and then start resting/rotating players so everyone is fresh for September.
Need to get gametime into Ladhams, Reid, Parker, Mills, Hamlin etc in case of injuries/suspensions.

Bit hard on a 16 gamer. Rate all players on what they did in their 16th game. If you don't blood them and allow them to develop and get games you eventually run out of players.

Yeah, I guess you'll be watching us, not much else to do probably.

We're missing Mills and McCartin, we've handled Parker's absence so well he can't get back in. That's 3 of our expected top 10 right there. Had the confidence to manage Roberts. If we're going to mention players who've missed long periods (unfortunately), a fit and in form Sam Reid would be in the 22.

We started the year without Mills, Parker, Adams, people were wondering how our midfield wasn't going to get smashed. We found a way.

Last edited:
It’s a new social experiment aimed at creating BF harmony between clubs. Great initiative.
Frankly I'd prefer to be pulled into a thread from a club that didn't get ridiculous academy advantages. But just trying to figure out why every week I am pulled into Sydney threads I have very little interest in.

Frankly I'd prefer to be pulled into a thread from a club that didn't get ridiculous academy advantages. But just trying to figure out why every week I am pulled into Sydney threads I have very little interest in.

I would like third party payments to be public and included in caps but alas... here we are

Remove this Banner Ad

Back