Universal Love Aish,Adams,Grundy,Moore,Treloar = Future of Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

In a word, that would be insanity. I hope you're saying that in jest.

Well IF Tom Lynch does choose us but only way to get Him would be say a Trade like a 1st Round Pick + Darcy Moore.

Though I am going on IF Moore had a Below Par Season.

I am saying it Hypothetically

Well IF Tom Lynch does choose us but only way to get Him would be say a Trade like a 1st Round Pick + Darcy Moore.

Though I am going on IF Moore had a Below Par Season.

I am saying it Hypothetically
They'd never trade Moore.

De Goey on the other hand..

The future belongs to those who prepare

De Goey ain't going anywhere! Lynch ain't Wayne Carey, maybe he is as good as big Tex over time but let's not exaggerate how good he is!

De Goey ain't going anywhere! Lynch ain't Wayne Carey, maybe he is as good as big Tex over time but let's not exaggerate how good he is!
Guy doesn't even kick two goals per game and is in a weak team.
Something not quite right.

So farm giving up? Not for mine

Guy doesn't even kick two goals per game and is in a weak team.
Something not quite right.

So farm giving up? Not for mine
Yeah his stats ain't overwhelming. I think the club should definitely have a crack but if the shoe doesn't fit, so be it.

Implicating JDG should be part of a trade is out there! JDG has too much talent, maybe another player with less potential would be a better option.

That's my opinion anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's the best tall forward talent wise in the game. Leadership is great. Him and Moore would be lethal.

He's the best tall forward talent wise in the game. Leadership is great. Him and Moore would be lethal.
He's undoubtedly good but also undoubtedly over hyped being the star attraction of the AFL's darling side and pushed along by the idiot media who are fed directly from AFL house.
Great player
but please
Grain of salt

But we are Desperate for a Gun KPF

Depends on how many top line players in the forward line to dilute the defense - defenses are too organized now for one forward to dominate. Riewoldt is great but he has plenty of help.
Does he? Without him in 2017 and Richmond don't win the flag. He carried that forwardline with no help from another big man.

Over the last 8 seasons he has averaged 60 goals a season. See below how much help he got when you list 2nd player in Richmonds goal kicking

2010 Reiwoldt 78 goals A Collins 15 goals
2011 62 goals Vickery 36
2012 65 goals Nahas 34
2013 58 goals Vickery 27
2014 61 goals Martin 27
2015 54 goals Vickery 31
2016 48 goals Lloyd 35
2017 54 goals Martin 37 goals

With the likes of Vickery, Nahas, Lloyd and Collins as his main sidekicks in the forwardline over the last 8 seasons Reiwoldt has been a one man show and all the planning of opposition would have been about stopping him. The only other really dangerous player through that time is Dusty as a goalkicking mid.

- when we had that huge run in '11 Cloke missed a lot of it -
Cmon John. 2011 and 2013 were Clokes 2 great seasons and most rate 2011 as his best. He didn't miss a game that season and was a colossus.

He kicked 69 goals that season with only Krak 35 and Swanny 32 being the others over 30 goals for the season. Cloke was a massive focal point.

Gun KPF's make a side predictable - multiple scorers are much harder to close down

Depends on how many top line players in the forward line to dilute the defense - defenses are too organized now for one forward to dominate.

Sorry John, not meaning to attack you just an area I find interesting and the one that is a key to unlocking Collingwood currently. Until we develop a goal kicking focal point who can go for over 40 goals a season we won't make finals. Much more than 40 or multiple players over 40 even more preferable.

A gun KPF, or at a minimum a gun goal scorer, gives a team amuch better chance of success. Multiple sources is great but you are much better off with an obvious gun KPF to go with that. Out of interest I went through the grand finalists since our flag in 2010 and almost all have that gun goal kicker and in most cases it's a KPF. It's only the exceptions that didn't have that KPF and those exceptions all immediately looked to recruit a great KPF because they saw it as a shortcoming.

Of the 2 exceptions Swans 2012 did have a very dangerous Goodes as their 2nd best scorer and immediately got Tippett and Franklin. Dogs 2016 chased Boyd then Cloke and they haven't worked out and the Dogs immediately missed next finals.

Here are the Grand finalists since 2010 and the KPFs they had as their focal points

2010 Collingwood Cloke, Saints N Reiwoldt
2011 Geel Pods (with Hawkins coming of age in finals), Coll Cloke
2012 Syd Goodes, Hawks Franklin, Roughead
2013 Hawks Roughead, Franklin, Freo Pavlich
2014 Hawks Roughead, Gunston, Sydney Franklin
2015 Hawks Roughead Gunston, WCE Kennedy
2016 Dogs no big focal point, missed finals next season, Syd Franklin
2017 Rich J Reiwoldt Adelaide Walker

So my summary would be to really content it's pretty essential to have a big key forward who is a focal point and capable of 50 goals in a season. Adding other goal scoring avenues to the mix is an obvious advantage but if you don't have a really good KPF to build that around you are unlikely to be there in late September.

All grandfinalists of the last 8 seasons as listed had either a KPF who was a major focal point or was a top goal scorer in the competition that season. Exceptions were the Swans 2012 who had Goodes as a dangerman then recruited KPFs and the Dogs who also have made big efforts to get a KPF and were the only one to miss finals next season.

Depends on how many top line players in the forward line to dilute the defense - defenses are too organized now for one forward to dominate. Riewoldt is great but he has plenty of help.

Yep, we agree. It all depends on how you use your gun forward. Having a good player is never a detriment to a side, it's using them incorrectly that's the problem..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back