Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeeeeesus, it was a joke about older people on sm commentating on young people's fashion tastes. Boomers. Parents. Oldies. šŸŽ£
Sorry, just sick of people criticising and blaming boomers for everything they deem wrong with the world. My parents are boomers and theyā€™re two of the hardest working people Iā€™ve ever known.

Sorry, just sick of people criticising and blaming boomers for everything they deem wrong with the world. My parents are boomers and theyā€™re two of the hardest working people Iā€™ve ever known.
I think you're taking a joke about people laughing at Darcy's fashion choice in a fashion magazine & then the exchange which followed with some questionable daggy music choices, a little too seriously šŸ˜‰

Darcy was out of Carey by the time Nick arrived.

Son is 2 years younger than Darcy, daughter 2 years older than Nick. :)

I believe Josh D. went to Marcelin. Josh & Callum Brown played colts with my son.
Didn't Josh go to Camberwell Grammar?

Probably the two things of most interest to this board were:

- said everything has to go your way to win a flag so back to back is incredibly hard, however we definitely have the team to do it and the group has come back hungrier than he thought possible and in amazing shape

- gave Bucks a lot of credit for instituting change in the culture of the Club and that the big improvements in that area lately started with him.

Also said:

- that the flag might have cured him of his Daddy issues now that heā€™s achieved something Peter didnā€™t.

- that being captain isnā€™t something you necessarily strive to achieve but something that you get chosen for

- McRae is the best delegator heā€™s ever seen and is part of the reason heā€™s so good

- footy ā€isnā€™t that interestingā€œ - he was mostly joking but gave that as a reason heā€™s so interested in other things as well

- he wants to do something away from footy after retirement, at least for a while

Talked about his studies (Master of International Relations), the Do Better report, Taylor Swift (not a huge fan but his girlfriend is, so he was going to the concert)
In Taking the Steps he said it was a boyhood dream.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What happened to Moore being an elite intercepting rebound defender ?
.... and our on-field leader and captain!?

The defence was a mess and Moore didn't stand up, settle, challenge or guide them the way we often see Howe rally the troops down back.

He wasn't doing it much in 2023 either but many have glossed over that.

There was a time teams were scared to kick the ball long to him.
He was equal first in total intercepts last season and 13th in rebound 50s (3rd among key defenders).

How was he not doing that last season?

He was equal first in total intercepts last season and 13th in rebound 50s (3rd among key defenders).

How was he not doing that last season?
Kap doesnā€™t care about facts.

If he loses form or gets injured we are going to have a huge hole in our backline, to match the huge hole in our forward line due to not having a pack marking forward.

That zoning thing you speak of you say like itā€™s Mooreā€™s individual choice.

Our backline is fluid in style. It broke down last night as Moore had no one to back him up and he ended up having to play as 3 defenders at once. Having both Murph and Howe out left him without adequate back up.

Giants knew this and managed to either drag him from the play or block him at every opportunity. How did they do this successfully you ask? Because there was no one else tall to worry about with no Murph/Howe or even a competent experienced big body like Frampton.

Can't run around playing Hollywood football all the time, sometimes you've got to be a bit more working class, look after your teammates and blanket their best tall forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back