Player Watch Darcy Moore (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

He was equal first in total intercepts last season and 13th in rebound 50s (3rd among key defenders).

How was he not doing that last season?

Was =3rd for the game last night in intercepts, and had more R50's than both Taylor and Buckley who I thought had better games. Some just need to look for opportunity to knock the players. He wasn't great last night but you get that occasionally. More a result of their slick ball movement and being able to isolate defenders in more 1v1's than we'd normally see.

Was =3rd for the game last night in intercepts, and had more R50's than both Taylor and Buckley who I thought had better games. Some just need to look for opportunity to knock the players. He wasn't great last night but you get that occasionally. More a result of their slick ball movement and being able to isolate defenders in more 1v1's than we'd normally see.
I reckon a lot of the problems for the defence were that our mids got torched.

Taylor & Buckley spoilt excellently last night

He was equal first in total intercepts last season and 13th in rebound 50s (3rd among key defenders).

How was he not doing that last season?

I’d rather our elite tallest defender who is also our captain, be number 1 in Contest first rather than no pressure intercepts

Whilst serviceable, the last two games have well below standard

Let’s hope something clicks and soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have viewed Darcy to have periods of years where he will look really good and play his role extrenely well, often coinciding when the team is also in sync and going well.

But conversely I have also felt he would have periods during each season where he would be almost counter productive to the team. With brain fades, lack of intensity and poor skill execution (I dont think he is a good kick/decision maker) the common reasons.

My point is not to denigrate, but more to say I am not surprised by his start to the year and feel it is more magnified to a wider audience now due to other parts of the structure crumbking.

Our premiership captain will bounce back, and make the posters in this thread who have mocked him look like the absolute fools, and fair weather fans, they are.

Our premiership captain will bounce back, and make the posters in this thread who have mocked him look like the absolute fools, and fair weather fans, they are.
Pointing out when someone plays poorly doesn’t make you a fair weather fan. Criticising others for their views that you don’t want to hear, makes you look like a control freak. Take off the rose coloured glasses for a change.

Was watching a guy on youtube go through some plays from Thursday night. Darcy had a stinker. Went up when he shouldn’t have on multiple occasions which left his man by himself for easy goals. More worrying was footage of Crisp and De Goey just walking through the middle of the ground with no urgency at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back