Certified Legendary Thread Alastair Clarksons.

Alistair to North in 2023?

• Yes

Votes: 257 77.4%
  • No

Votes: 75 22.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All white noise. If this were 2007, maybe would be a worry.

The club is back in black. Anyone in the media going on about Tassie is basically just trolling now.
Not only that, it defies logic at this point from several angles.
1. The club is financially on a good footing as you mention
2. The club has made it clear we are staying at Arden St and we are continuing to enhance our facilities there
3. The issue has arisen due to our on-field struggles, however why would Tasmania need a relocated team that can't win a game? Makes no sense
4. Tas Government and Tasmanian people have made it clear they want their own team ONLY

2. The club has made it clear we are staying at Arden St and we are continuing to enhance our facilities there
3. The issue has arisen due to our on-field struggles, however why would Tasmania need a relocated team that can't win a game? Makes no sense
4. Tas Government and Tasmanian people have made it clear they want their own team ONLY

You are right in that the very idea of us relocating or co-locating with Tasmania defies logic and the club is adamant that we will not pursue that agenda. That is something we can guarantee under Sonja Hood - they will move the club over her dead body.

However, it's not just the media making noise about this. There are several self-interested clubs and people within the AFL (not to mention Clarko) who would much prefer a relocation over a 19th license. We need to be vigilant about that.

Last edited:
Since when is a senior coach responsible for a club relocation? The moment he signs a 5 year deal with us he will quit his role for the Tasmania bid, and will not be speaking publicly on the matter. I can't believe this is even an issue worth discussing. He is being hired (hopefully) for football matters only, and this is the end of the story.

Although I think it was most likely a bullshit rumour, there was a suggestion floating on social media last week that one of his requirements to come to North was the removal of the current CEO. Why would that be, and who would he approve of being installed?

Clarko is definitely a Trojan horse. Beware, loyal North Melbourne supporters.

Although I think it was most likely a bullshit rumour, there was a suggestion floating on social media last week that one of his requirements to come to North was the removal of the current CEO. Why would that be, and who would he approve of being installed?

Good friends with Mark Brayshaw

To call him a Trojan Horse implies he's been offered to North Melbourne.

Are you claiming this has happened?
I am not making that claim at all. He was part of Eddie's "vision" but there has been no official "offer" from anywhere because like the rest of the relocation talk, no offer of any sort has been made or will be made in the immediate future. Officially, the AFL has to work through the 19th license process and put that to the clubs as a recommendation from the AFL Commission.

I am not making that claim at all. He was part of Eddie's "vision" but there has been no official "offer" from anywhere because like the rest of the relocation talk, no offer of any sort has been made or will be made in the immediate future. Officially, the AFL has to work through the 19th license process and put that to the clubs as a recommendation from the AFL Commission.

Ok, this sounded very definite as a claim. Possibly due to the word definite.

Maybe an unjustified categorisation of Clarkson if his only crimes have been historically assisting Tasmania's bid and happening to be mentioned in Eddie McGuire's recent masturbation fantasy.

Eddie's proposal seems to think that the NMFC will go to Tasmania lock stock & barrel.
1. How many players will accept the move to Tasmania? Suggest many will want out and I can't see the AFL forcing a player to relocate.
The other Melbourne Clubs will pick our list of all good players, acknowledging that there isn't a great number.
2. How many of the admin will move?
3. How many North members will continue?
3. No way Tasmanian's will accept a shell of a team called the Kangaroos as the basis for their "team".

You are right in that the very idea of us relocating or co-locating with Tasmania defies logic and the club is adamant that we will not pursue that agenda. That is something we can guarantee under Sonja Hood - they will move the club over her dead body.

However, it's not just the media making noise about this. There are several self-interested clubs and people within the AFL (not to mention Clarko) who would much prefer a relocation over a 19th license. We need to be vigilant about that.
Four of the 18 CEOs prefer relocation according to the survey in the paper. Assume Pies, GC, Sydney and some other w***er. Long way short of a push.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This story will grow legs as the season continues.

Clarkson wants a Tassie team. The AFL will not license a 19th team. McLaughlin is finished up and his only legacy to date is to screw the game by adding new rules that were not needed - he will want to do a bit more damage before he hands over to good mate Josh.

The media are running frequent articles slamming north. The public empathy level will be near zero by season end. In fact the public will believe that the only option is to move north to Tassie.

Clarkson wants to coach the team from his home state. He knows that the job is his if a relocation is part of the deal, and it is viable with draft concessions, cap relief and cash injections.

The club will have one arm bent so hard up their back that they will beg to support the move.

Dallas Brookes hall is not available for the roosurgence.

A perfect s**t storm is brewing.

Gil trying to relocate us on the way out is just about the least likely scenario I've ever heard in football circles, he is a smiling assassin of a prick, but he is not a stupid man, what does his future business/admin career look like when he says to the next CEO of the league on the way out "here mate, have this ongoing nightmare situation that will be tied up in the court system for the next five years, enjoy".

"The media are running frequent articles slamming north"- wasn't the case at the end of last year, we were being touted as a team likely to be on the rise, bright future, loads of young talent e.t.c even Kane Cornhole said we were the best wooden spoon team he had seen. This would suggest that a cabal of major players have decided to launch a campaign of derision and relocate us in the last 6 months??

"The public empathy level will be near zero by season end. In fact the public will believe that the only option is to move north to Tassie."- nevermind by years end, this has been the case for 15 years solid. * em :thumbsu:

"The club will have one arm bent so hard up their back that they will beg to support the move."- no, the AFL trying to force things onto a club is exactly what made the failed 1989 'Fitzroy-bulldogs' merger a legal issue and stopped it from happening. Brown paper bag$ under the board table maybe, but being forced is not an option, if it was we'd be in the Gold Coast already, and AFL house would be aware of this.

"Dallas Brookes hall is not available for the roosurgence. A perfect s**t storm is brewing."- you can almost hear Caro's vagina moistening at the thought of our supporter base giving in to this level of paranoia and self doubt. Don't give her the satisfaction. Or should I say Shatishfacshion.

In my opinion, if the AFL wants Clarkson to coach anywhere next year, it will at the GWS or the GC. The GWS looks the frontrunner because they don't have a coach and while *mc*veigh is being touted as an option because of his 2/2 record, there is no way the AFL would allow them to go down the same ill-fated track that we went down with Rhys Shaw.

"Skinny" (pass me all the lollies) Dew is travelling okay at present and if they win a finals berth then he will be okay.

So in my view it is Clarkson to the GWS.

Four of the 18 CEOs prefer relocation according to the survey in the paper. Assume Pies, GC, Sydney and some other w***er. Long way short of a push.

Remain vigilant, my friend. Four of them publicly stating their club's position is not the same as 14 stating that they will vote for a 19th license. Most are waiting on detail from the AFL on the Commission's recommendation, which in itself is most likely just a rubber stamp of the Carter report rather than the AFL's strong preference.

Good friends with Mark Brayshaw
Yes they are played cricket together at East Sandringham also Mark Brayshaw brother is James Brayshaw whose best mates with Ben Armifio and Ben Buckley .
It’s good to have mates but it’s only how your mates can handle the pressure in the high pressure environment of the AFL that defines a mate.
Plus For the 700th time Clarkson isn’t coming to coach North so everyone who think he is coming go to bed and have a Hot Milo and get onto the next subject who will be the next couch of the NMFC .
I want Mark Williams who should have been approached before Noble and Shaw.

To call him a Trojan Horse implies he's been offered to North Melbourne.

Are you claiming this has happened?

If we are to go down the path of conspiracies I would argue Noble is more likely to be a Trojan Horse than Clarko. It took losing 30 out of the last 35 games under him for the relocation to be back on the agenda in the media. Talk about softening the club for relocation. When you think back to Paul Roos recommending him and then quietly disappearing - it starts to make complete sense

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

They seem to be suggesting Kennet’s the fourth, going by wireless discussions on the subject in recent days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back