• Michael Hurley

Votes: 88 28.0%
  • Alex Rance

Votes: 226 72.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favourite part was the St Kilda game where Champion Data recorded Hurley having (100% DE (incorrect)) and three turnovers. Lol.

I also like how the definition from the Prospectus of a clanger is: An error made by a player resulting in a negative result for their side. Disposal clangers are any kick or handball that directly turns the ball over to the opposition. Frees & 50 metres penalties against, No Pressure Errors, Dropped Marks, Ball-Up Kick-Ins and Debits are all included in clangers.

Yet:
- Hurley apparently has had 98 turnovers this year to round 19
- has also been recorded at 56 clangers and 10 frees against, meaning...
- a maximum possible 46 disposal clangers (turnovers).

So which is it? 98 turnovers or 46?

Another lol was the recorded "7" turnovers against Carlton, yet he barely had a direct turnover and was in the bests (again).

Champion Data is laughable and by their own definitions, their statical outcomes are mathematically impossible.

What's hilarious is that if you multiply Hurley's apparent disposal efficiency (79.3%) by his total disposals (473) and subtract the result from 473, you get 98... so basically CD has assumed every non efficient disposal is a direct turnover. The problem is that some disposals lead to a contested ball and a stoppage without a turnover. So again, their data is not possible :)

Please point me to the 3 goals in each game over the past 2 weeks he has "conceded"......

Dont give me "lynch kicked 3 for the suns", cause if you watched the ******* game youd see he was on him for a grand total of 1 of those.

Also, dont give the "roughy kicked 2 for the hawks" because he was on him for a grand total of 1 of them when the ball was kicked onto his head and roughy could use him as a step ladder

******* LOL at "he was made to look silly vs. port", guessing you didnt watch the second half where he absolutely dominated? of course not.

Hurley got ******* pantsed against norf (lmfao) and he was s**t against the dogs too.

Hurley gets some of the cheapest possessions ive ever seen from a backman, the same s**t our whole team was criticized for over the last 4/5 years.

Took me a bit longer to get back to you sorry, but:

1. Roughead contested mark + goal over Rance in 3rd quarter.
2. Schoenmakers effective tackle on Rance holding the ball + effective set shot on goal in fourth quarter.
3. Rance on Roughead, who received handball over the top from Bruest at 0:57 left on clock in fourth quarter for a goal.

You were saying?

Last edited:
My favourite part was the St Kilda game where Champion Data recorded Hurley having (100% DE (incorrect)) and three turnovers. Lol.

I also like how the definition from the Prospectus of a clanger is: An error made by a player resulting in a negative result for their side. Disposal clangers are any kick or handball that directly turns the ball over to the opposition. Frees & 50 metres penalties against, No Pressure Errors, Dropped Marks, Ball-Up Kick-Ins and Debits are all included in clangers.

Yet:
- Hurley apparently has had 98 turnovers this year to round 19
- has also been recorded at 56 clangers and 10 frees against, meaning...
- a maximum possible 46 disposal clangers (turnovers).

So which is it? 98 turnovers or 46?

Another lol was the recorded "7" turnovers against Carlton, yet he barely had a direct turnover and was in the bests (again).

Champion Data is laughable and by their own definitions, their statical outcomes are mathematically impossible.

What's hilarious is that if you multiply Hurley's apparent disposal efficiency (79.3%) by his total disposals (473) and subtract the result from 473, you get 98... so basically CD has assumed every non efficient disposal is a direct turnover. The problem is that some disposals lead to a contested ball and a stoppage without a turnover. So again, their data is not possible :)

Took me a bit longer to get back to you sorry, but:

1. Roughead contested mark + goal over Rance in 3rd quarter.
2. Schoenmakers effective tackle on Rance holding the ball + effective set shot on goal in fourth quarter.
3. Rance on Roughead, who received handball over the top from Bruest at 0:57 left on clock in fourth quarter for a goal.

You were saying?

The fact that you attributed that 3rd goal to rance is laughable and shows your bias.

not sure how any sane supporter can pick Hurley over Rance.
Hurley is in career best form and has been for about 3 seasons now but Rance is playing as good as any defender in the games history. He doesn't just beat the forwards, he completely dominates them.
Look at the game today, Geelong will deliberately try and devise a plan to nullify Rance. No such thing will ever be thought of during Michael Hurley's career as he doesn't have the same footy IQ as Rance.

The fact that you attributed that 3rd goal to rance is laughable and shows your bias.

How is it not? He was his direct opponent and Roughead received the handball for a goal. Saying something is laughable doesn't make it so. You need to do much better than that and have a decent argument to back it up (like I did).

How is it not? He was his direct opponent and Roughead received the handball for a goal. Saying something is laughable doesn't make it so. You need to do much better than that.

Lol so in that situation what could he have done to stop a goal? It was a ******* 2 on 1 running into an open goal. Open your eyes.

not sure how any sane supporter can pick Hurley over Rance.
Hurley is in career best form and has been for about 3 seasons now but Rance is playing as good as any defender in the games history. He doesn't just beat the forwards, he completely dominates them.
Look at the game today, Geelong will deliberately try and devise a plan to nullify Rance. No such thing will ever be thought of during Michael Hurley's career as he doesn't have the same footy IQ as Rance.

Spot on.

Lol so in that situation what could he have done to stop a goal? It was a ******* 2 on 1 running into an open goal. Open your eyes.

The excuses Richmond supporters make up for Rance are hilarious.

It wasn't a two on one. Astbury was on Bruest and when the former fell over, Rance ran to him in case Bruest played on. He saw Roughie loose out the back and hand balled over for an easy goal. See the image with Bruest and opponent on the right with Rance caught in between.

IMG_2415.JPG

Can you stop lying now please?

Rance plays one on one and gets demolished

hmm interesting, cause i seem to remember him smashing daniher in the second half of dreamtime while hurley had to take big todd elton and hartley had to play on our star forward

lmaooo

hurley hides on lesser opponents like no other

It is since I was talking specifically about his embarrassment of a game against Geelong, the only time this season he actually had to play one on one and got owned.

ignored the rest of my reply, so typical

he played one on one at dream time and ****ed daniher

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hmm interesting, cause i seem to remember him smashing daniher in the second half of dreamtime while hurley had to take big todd elton and hartley had to play on our star forward

lmaooo

hurley hides on lesser opponents like no other
I'm not denying he dominated Dreamtime, but he was on Hooker all game, not Daniher.

I'm not denying he dominated Dreamtime, but he was on Hooker all game, not Daniher.

he was on daniher second half when daniher started getting ontop of astbury

he was on daniher second half when daniher started getting ontop of astbury
Not the way I remember it, thought Astbury fought back well overall in the second half

Not the way I remember it, thought Astbury fought back well overall in the second half

nope, rewatch

rance was on daniher alot of the second half, especially when he roamed up the ground

Except that's fact, it's what happened.
One game doesn't equate to a career.

Would you like to compare one on one stats of Hurley and Rance?
Because if Rance gets demolished I'd hate to see how you rate Hurley.

Hurley is good, and I think he is a promising young backman - and I say young because I think he can develop into an absolute powerhouse. Could play till he is 34-35. Rance on the other hand is already there. He is already a powerhouse back man. He is a very meticulous backman, and I think favors him against he likes of Franklin, Daniher, and players who generally take risks. I think being conservative against these type of guys suits Rance. But against guys like Harry Taylor - who is also a very neat and risk averse forward - I think Rance struggles. The opportunities are just not there. He is made to play lock down. Play as a true backman should. No intercept marks.

I don't think Hurley should be compared to Rance at present. He may yet get there though.

Other potential - albeit younger backman than Hurley - are Jake Lever, and potentially Jesse Hogan. I think both these two guys could reach the heights of Alex Rance, and perhaps even higher. It is a fair call though. Rance is one of the best ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back