All the stuff that is being posted and written about Melbourne, use it as a strength

Remove this Banner Ad

mark73

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 12, 2005
Seaside
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Including all the main board shitcanning on BigFooty. You saw it in 1987 which wasn't that long ago. Give the team some belief that they can compete and get behind them and you'll be surprised what can happen. The yuppies and most of the celebrities have dropped off already but that's what they do when there's nothing left to further themselves but you've still got a football club. It's a shame Stynes died when he did because he was virtually turning it into that. For a few years you've been given the picks, get tougher, harder, smarter, and you people will be fine.

Comrade that is the power of the G&GF which is the motto of our Board.

If we get busted for tanking - whatever. It is still G&GF to everyone, not least those whiny Norf bitches with the $10m debt

If we get busted for tanking - whatever. It is still G&GF to everyone, not least those whiny Norf bitches with the $10m debt

Too right, couldn't give a heck to be honest. We are the demons and we reside in hell. It's good to be hated haha!

Ok, I tried to be nice, fair enough.
I didn't have a problem with your post. It's rare these days to get a North supporter who doesn't want us to go down, so I'm happy to see there is one who doesn't. So it's :thumbsu: from me. You've got some really average colleagues though - with very short memories about your club's recent woes.

I didn't have a problem with your post. It's rare these days to get a North supporter who doesn't want us to go down, so I'm happy to see there is one who doesn't. So it's :thumbsu: from me. You've got some really average colleagues though - with very short memories about your club's recent woes.
Not necessarily average, just angry with misinterpreted information. No VFL/AFL fan would ever want Melbourne to go down.

Not necessarily average, just angry with misinterpreted information. No VFL/AFL fan would ever want Melbourne to go down.
I wouldn't have thought so either, but there's some pretty toxic stuff going on on the main board these days - and North fans feature heavily. I find it very strange because in the past the less powerful teams used to be more like kindred spirits. The speculation that one Melbourne side will leave the competition seems to have created a dog eat dog mentality among these same teams. Potting struggling clubs is not something I'm going to be party to - although I will take a shot at anybody who is sprouting shite about my club.

I wouldn't have thought so either, but there's some pretty toxic stuff going on on the main board these days - and North fans feature heavily. I find it very strange because in the past the less powerful teams used to be more like kindred spirits. The speculation that one Melbourne side will leave the competition seems to have created a dog eat dog mentality among these same teams. Potting struggling clubs is not something I'm going to be party to - although I will take a shot at anybody who is sprouting shite about my club.
Well, it'll never be me.

It would be appropriate to have our famous motto on the bottom of the writ that we send to Carowhine after our club is cleared of these trumped up accusations.

M73 - apologies to you. You are definitely not the guy I had in mine . Your goodwill is appreciated.

If we get through this, I will print out a G&GF certificate for the Witch Queen of Punt Road and post it off with some photos. It will come from all of us.

Promise.

M73 - apologies to you. You are definitely not the guy I had in mine . Your goodwill is appreciated.

If we get through this, I will print out a G&GF certificate for the Witch Queen of Punt Road and post it off with some photos. It will come from all of us.

Promise.
Make sure that whatever you do, Redbone don't start hitting you up for royalties. The music business can be funny like that. Anyway good like guys, I wish you all the best. :thumbsu:

Promise.

God, your unofficial Richmond preview next year is going to be brutal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like it wasn't already?

I don't know what's worse, Biff encountering the Witch Queen or Shazza...

Personally, I can't wait for the Carlton one. Want to see McLean get a patented Biff shitcanning.
Brisbane with Beamer and SME should also be interesting.

Strength, ammunition - same thing, kinda. . .

Personally, I find it creepy how many posters on this site genuinely believe the Melbourne supporters are the primary reason for the club's past, present and *gulp* future woes. Astonishing lack of perspective.

[tinfoilhat]If I didn't know better, I would say there's a massive anti-Melbourne conspiracy at play.[/tinfoilhat]

Anyway. OP - cheers for not being a dickhead. :thumbsu: :D

Try not to take it too personally (just a little) - Biff is the lord of all that is G&GF on our board.

You probably got off easy ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back