Alt-right (far right) in the Coalition

Remove this Banner Ad

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Manifesto reveals alt-right's plans to go mainstream after 'infiltration' of NSW Young Nationals

The ABC has uncovered a covert plot by Australia's alt-right movement to join major political parties and influence their policy agendas from within.

Background Briefing has witnessed members of the NSW Young Nationals in Sydney attending a secret men's-only fight club set up by some of the country's most prominent alt-right nationalists.

The program has also gained access to a private Facebook group in which these same people discuss their manifesto, which includes plans to shake up mainstream politics.

The group is called The New Guard and its followers are self-described fascists.

At least three NSW Young Nationals — including Clifford Jennings, who sits on the executive of the party's youth wing — are, or recently have been, members.

On Facebook and elsewhere online, more NSW Young Nationals are sharing alt-right talking points, racist in-jokes containing coded references to Hitler, and theories of a global Jewish conspiracy.

[...]

The first sign of an alt-right push within the NSW Young Nationals came during a dramatic state conference in May.

Ethan Gordon, who was a communications officer at the time, became suspicious after noticing a large influx of new members with city, not rural, addresses.

"We were blindsided," he said.

"This was an infiltration by another group with a very particular ideological motivation, or seemed to have a very particular ideological motivation."

Among the new members was Mr Jennings, who put forward a series of controversial motions.

The first motion called on the NSW Young Nationals to "endorse immigration from culturally compatible peoples and nations" while supporting "strict immigration controls for those who are not".

Mr Jennings also introduced motions backing the offer of refugee status to white South African farmers, and the expansion of coal and nuclear power.

Mr Gordon, 23, said it looked like a classic branch stacking exercise designed to push the party's youth wing to the right.

Those suspicions were heightened when a video of Mr Jennings was later uncovered online.

In the video, Mr Jennings says: "I created alt-right Australia."

At the state conference, Mr Jennings was elected to the executive of the NSW Young Nationals as the Metro Regional Coordinator.

He has since sought to distance himself from the video, claiming he is no longer involved in the movement.

But Background Briefing can reveal Mr Jennings' comments go far beyond a single video and that he was just one of many alt-right members to join the NSW Young Nationals prior to the state conference.

This is the first time the breadth of these members' alt-right connections have been disclosed publicly.

More: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-...-of-mainstream-politics-in-australia/10368972

How will our government pretend this isn't their problem? In 2025 or whenever they get back in we're going to look back on the Abbott government the way Americans look back on Bush.

Big lulz. The abc has already been infiltrated by communists. Great article trying to divert attention away from this fact.

Any proof or are you just Denis Denuto-ing it ?

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/na...y/news-story/5fa016aff17b27ad2ff20fb1a0becc46
Katter’s Australian Party senator Fraser Anning addressed a rally organised by a neo-Nazi group that billed itself as part of a libertarian conference attended by four Coalition MPs held in Brisbane late last month.

The Queensland chapter of True Blue Crew organised a rally last month against Safe Schools — billed as one of “the main highlights from LibertyFest” — although Coalition MPs who attended the main conference said they were not aware of it.

Senator Anning, who in his maiden speech to parliament earlier this year called for a “final solution” to immigration policy and later denied knowing the phrase was coined in Nazi Germany to describe plans for a Jewish genocide, stood on the back of a truck and said the “silent majority will no longer be silenced”.

“It’s time for us to push back,” Senator Anning told about 30 people. “Decent people like yourselves are starting to push back.”

Phillip Galea, a member of True Blue Crew, which describes itself as a “street patriot” movement but has strong ties to neo-Nazi principles and nationalism, was charged with two terrorism offences in 2015. When police raided his Geelong property, they allegedly found 361g of mercury, video clips on how to make explosives and instructions on manufacturing mercury as a precursor to explosives. His committal hearing began last month and his case is still before the courts.

LNP member for Dawson George Christensen said he had no idea about the True Blue Crew event. “I was invited to speak as a member of parliament and travelled accordingly, within the rules and within the law,” Mr Christensen told The Australian. “I was not aware of any rally, I don’t believe it was part of LibertyFest as I didn’t see it nor did I attend it.

‘‘For the record, I attended LibertyFest with other reputable MPs, political, community and business figures including Craig Kelly, Amanda Stoker, Warren Mundine OAM and Shark Tank star Steve Baxter. I spoke on the erosion of consumer rights to choose what they want to eat, smoke and drink without government looking over their shoulder.”

Queensland LNP senator Amanda Stoker gave a speech on minority fundamentalism — she did not use parliamentary travel allowances for the event — while Victorian Liberal senator James Paterson attended LibertyFest for 30 minutes on Saturday morning but had an unrelated prior engagement on the Friday evening.

LibertyFest is organised by an organisation called Liberty Works with links via its chief economist Darren Nelson to the Liberal Democrats and Pauline Hanson’s One Nation. Mr Nelson was an adviser for former PHON senator Malcolm Roberts.

The gold sponsor of the conference is a group called Rite-On, which is opposed to Islam and sharia law and was active during the last Queensland state election campaign, urging voters to elect PHON or LNP candidates.

Mr Christensen said: “The organisers of Rite-On are known to me and are not anti-Muslim but anti-radical Islam, which I am too.”

Senator Anning was also approached for comment.
Another admin error it would seem.

Confirmed: Fraser Anning is a fascist. There was no mistake in his "final solution" speech. He is not centrist, not middle ground, not sensible. Not a good bloke.

But...

“silent majority will no longer be silenced”.

“It’s time for us to push back,” Senator Anning told about 30 people. “Decent people like yourselves are starting to push back.”

It would be interesting to see a chart showing the links between these groups, political parties etc. See where the money flows.

Christensen. The old "not anti-Muslim but anti-radical-Islam and anyone who says different is a radical Islam sympathiser... by the way you can only stop radical Islam by kicking out all the Muslims".

Big lulz. The abc has already been infiltrated by communists. Great article trying to divert attention away from this fact.
Is Fraser Anning a far-right fascist?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems to be a world wide phenomenon.
What the hell is driving it?
Identity politics as well as constantly attacking everything about western culture, for example, white male Christians. Extremism at one end of the scale causes it at the other. If people bothered to reserarch Germany 80 years ago they would understand this.

Mass loss of dignity for the working class. Who are then told it’s their fault for not working hard enough or it’s the fault of the other, when it is a systemic problem.
It's interesting isn't it, the same Libs pretending to care about 'ze worker' were accusing Wayne Swan of class warfare just a couple of years ago when he dared speak about inequality.

Is Fraser Anning a far-right fascist?
Yup.
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/senate-sinks-plebiscite-calling-for-return-to-white-australia-policy
Senators have forced a vote to kill off legislation for a national vote on returning to the White Australia policy.

Queensland senator Fraser Anning on Thursday tried to postpone debate on his own bill paving the way for an end to non-white immigration.

But the government, Labor, Greens and some of the crossbench took the unusual step of refusing the deferral.

Senator Anning's bill was then put to a vote and immediately defeated.

His call for a division, which would have recorded who voted for and against, was not supported.

Identity politics as well as constantly attacking everything about western culture, for example, white male Christians. Extremism at one end of the scale causes it at the other. If people bothered to reserarch Germany 80 years ago they would understand this.

What's your definition of identity politics? Can you also point me to the "constant attacking of white male christians"? As someone who has fallen in that category for 45 years I would have expected to have encountered it by now if it was constant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back