Recommitted Andrew Gaff [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

"He hasn't made his mind up. I can swear on my kids' lives that that's the case"

- Paul Connors on Andrew Gaff

That's more telling imo than the money comment. A money comment is just typical agenda speak but I'm thinking he has three or four clubs still in the fray if he leaves but it's not decided either way.

Dons, North and St Kilda are all in a similar stage in their build. Before ladder positions are mentioned North were third last for the majority of the year in 2017 so not much is separating these three teams in my opinion (assuming they stay injury free, hit some form and get a good draw).

Still anyone's guess.
Gaff is zero chance to go to your mob.

One side trended well up the ladder, the other trended well down. If North supporters have of said this last year you would of laughed at them.

Considering we are adding Polec & Hall, forgetting Gaff for a minute, I can't see us dipping at all next year.
Hall is a one way skier... North still won't win a Premiership, he'll go to Dons

If it’s not about money then we could match knowing he won’t accept it. Which would be handy.

They'd find a way to remunerate him in W.A. if it was just about money.

I think North suits him on a few levels. We're amongst the top contract offers, are in Melbourne (his primary reason), and we're a smal profile club.

I think North suits him on a few levels. We're amongst the top contract offers, are in Melbourne (his primary reason), and we're a smal profile club.

Literally means nothing.

Being a small profile club doesn't matter. Don't even try giving that bs story that he wants to stay on the down low. It's north Melbourne, he wants success. Simple won't get it at North. Bombers list way more exciting than your list.

It does if you don't want cameras up your clacker on an hourly basis.

I know some posters from North have been sprouting that a smaller club in Vic is his preference but it really makes zero difference, if Richmond or Collingwood or Hawks could offer him over a million a year he wouldn't choose North because they have a smaller profile.

Means nothing.

I know some posters from North have been sprouting that a smaller club in Vic is his preference but it really makes zero difference, if Richmond or Collingwood or Hawks could offer him over a million a year he wouldn't choose North because they have a smaller profile.

Means nothing.
Sounds silly as to me. I haven't seen him state his preference.

Sounds silly as to me. I haven't seen him state his preference.

It is a bizarre line of thinking some posters from North have come up with to assure themselves that it's them being considered a small club and not the overly large contract that is the most delicious lure for Gaff to join them.

It is a bizarre line of thinking some posters from North have come up with to assure themselves that it's them being considered a small club and not the overly large contract that is the most delicious lure for Gaff to join them.

Who stated that? It certainly wasn't me.

Who stated that? It certainly wasn't me.

I didn't say you did but you did just post that your clubs profile being small is a factor, when it isn't.

I didn't say you did but you did just post that your clubs profile being small is a factor, when it isn't.

You're not obligated to agree. There's nothing else to discuss then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It does if you don't want cameras up your clacker on an hourly basis.

So you are saying if Gaff goes to Norths he won't attract media attention?

Even though he would be the biggest signing in years and your best mid?

So who else would the media interview instead?

At Norths Gaff would become the highest paid and highest profiled player on your list.

So much for keeping a low profile. Geelong would be better if he wanted to stay low. Let Dangerfield, Abblett and Selwood take the media spotlight.

What happened is someone mentioned on here that he might want a low profile after all the s**t that's gone down.

Nek minnut, it's being posted on here ad nauseam as fact.

Doubt it makes any difference.

What happened is someone mentioned on here that he might want a low profile after all the s**t that's gone down.

Nek minnut, it's being posted on here ad nauseam as fact.

Doubt it makes any difference.

Exactly. It makes zero difference.

We might not have the profile of some of the bigger clubs but no club has a low profile.

Means nothing.

Agree, I reckon he's eyeing off a future power house club like North

And there has been no statement from Gaff saying he wants low profile club. No where.... oh your source has said this. Lol

where there is literally no where mentioning essendon and gaff in the same sentence, especially in recent month. The Sydney news was quite fake...

So you are saying if Gaff goes to Norths he won't attract media attention?

Even though he would be the biggest signing in years and your best mid?

So who else would the media interview instead?

At Norths Gaff would become the highest paid and highest profiled player on your list.

So much for keeping a low profile. Geelong would be better if he wanted to stay low. Let Dangerfield, Abblett and Selwood take the media spotlight.

Media will not change their strategy for one single player and that said player is not of ben cousin type notoriety...

If he’s not leaving for money, why would he go to North? Hawthorn, Melbourne and Essendon are all more attractive destinations when you consider their lists and stature.

If he’s not leaving for money, why would he go to North? Hawthorn, Melbourne and Essendon are all more attractive destinations when you consider their lists and stature.

Good point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back