Admin Notice Announcement regarding resignation and new administrator EOI

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi everyone,

Belated happy holidays to you all, hope y'all had a wonderful time over Xmas. As we draw to a close in 2022, upon reflection quite a lot has happened over the past 12 months. Starting of course with NaturalDisaster's final season as admin which saw some incredible work by Tigerturbulance, Elton Johns Wig and company get the first expansion bid passed in 15 seasons along with some shenanigans where serial_thrilla ended up admin for a day.

Then in Season 34, the league saw one of the greatest resources ever in the Sweet FA Plus site completed by Hate. It was a season of firsts really, Baghdad Bombers won the premiership making them the #firsttosix, well done to the likes of BLUEALLTHRU, KohPhi, Jabba73 and the rest of the leadership group on a well-deserved result in a strong season. First time in modern SFA, we've had a 13-team competition and a bye which has come with its challenges and overall I think each club has done a really solid job navigating something nobody is really used to. First season of the Ophidian Old Boys and they've put together an obviously strong posting unit, in particular Mrs Turbo, embracing her husband's dorky hobby and winning the EKA in a new club is quite something.

A lot of amazing things have happened in Season 34. But something has not been nearly as amazing is the job of the administrator. I didn't have nearly as productive a season as I would have hoped, despite that though the league got through it largely thanks to the incredible team of volunteers who are willing to put their hand up and do work behind the scenes. I want acknowledge the sim team Dingster, Cadsky, Wosh, FootyGuy13, philreich and the outgoing simmer Barrybran for the work that they put in week after week. It really is a professional well-oiled machine in there.

Also, manangatang as the league's GM, my 2IC who has been a superstar with his leadership in the committee room and helping keep things on the straight and narrow, The Filth Wizard for moderating the board which is never easy and also the volunteers like MWPP, Grand Uncle Horace, DenieD, Mooch who have been immense in award season, plus TheInjuryFactory and Hate who I rip graphics off in putting those presentation nights together.

So with all that being said, I've put a lot of thought lately into what is best for the league going forward and whether it is wise for me to continue in the role of Administrator. Just wanted to say that hopefully you've all taken a bit of enjoyment out of the past season, it has been an honour to be admin for the second time

And it will continue to be an honour because I am here to announce that I will not be resigning as SFA Administrator, expressions of interest for the new administrator will be expected to open at some point in the latter half of 2023 during Season 36.

Wishing all of you a happy new year, make sure you all stay safe and healthy so that we can meet back here in this weird corner of the internet again in 2023. It's going to be amazing! 🎇

c2a553db0c3c82c6b9e0e54d2b48875b.gif

This is the first thing I’ve ever seen you post!
You haven't missed out on much. As a rule of thumb, admins are never entertaining posters.

Thank you to everyone that has helped to shape the league and keep it ticking over this past season. Looking forward to seeing a little bit more of you Kennedy Parker because I know you can bring a lot more to this league than you were able to this season.

Some remarkable internet friendships are formed too!

Aye. With worldwide shortages of papyrus, quills and ink it is tough going documenting the ongoing progress of the Roman Empire. I am most grateful to GWS Goose for the quills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kennedy Parker, you will always have my unconditional admiration and support! You have demonstrated heart, determination, and courage in the face of adversity and it's inspiring to witness. You have my utmost respect for standing strong despite the external pressures, a poor season, and having to make NaturalDisaster look competent - all of which are incredibly difficult tasks. You are a role model and I look forward to the successes that are sure to come under your leadership. You've got this!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back