Anyway, back to the cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Why did Renshaw get dropped? I thought he had a solid start to his career, few fifty's, a hundred and scored some real tough runs in India if I remember correctly. Though we would have gotten an extended run given his youth and solid start to his career.
TBH it's probably the only real good thing to come from this. Renshaw is back.

SA have played much the better cricket since the first Test and deserve to be 2-1 up.

I still think that ABdV has tipped the balance (and Smith losing form). Without him, SA's batting in England was extremely brittle. He's just waltzed into the side and provided them momentum through audacious counter-attacks.

SA have played much the better cricket since the first Test and deserve to be 2-1 up.

I still think that ABdV has tipped the balance (and Smith losing form). Without him, SA's batting in England was extremely brittle. He's just waltzed into the side and provided them momentum through audacious counter-attacks.

Certainly been the biggest factor. But the only others who’ve averaged 40-50 are Markram and Elgar.

The question is will they make three or four batting changes? Renshaw and Burns will open in place of Warner and Bancroft; Handscomb will replace Smith but will Maxwell get a game?

Are Khawaja and Shaun Marsh under threat?

The question is will they make three or four batting changes? Renshaw and Burns will open in place of Warner and Bancroft; Handscomb will replace Smith but will Maxwell get a game?

Are Khawaja and Shaun Marsh under threat?
doubt Handscomb will play , after relaying boof’s message to hide the tape ! Need some clean air . I think Maxwell plays

(Log in to remove this ad.)

s marsh might have been under a bit of pressure for the home summer as well, it is well documented Khawaja makes runs at home flops away and marsh is felt to be the opposite but since he came back into the side for the indian series has has played 7 away test and averaged just 19.

Wouldn't really make sense to bring Handscomb as the reserve bat and not play him when there's 3 batting changes. Only way I see Maxwell playing is if the decide to open with Shaun instead of Burns to fit him in which I don't think they should do as it's time to give him some stability.

Handscomb was a lame duck member of the squad, he was there because they were sure they wouldn't make a change to the batting lineup on tour.

All the others coming over are in better form and deserve the spot ahead of him.

Warner hasn’t played a meaningful knock since Bangladesh and Bancroft has passed 50 3 times in about 14 knocks. Why would the likelihood of wickets be any greater without them?

Our starts with Warner and Bancroft have been terrific.

An average partnership in excess of 50 against a couple of the best two new ball attacks going round in test cricket is excellent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back